BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Sep 25, 2007 9:37pm
koolatron 52 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Greetings!

Hi there! Just dropping in to say hi.

Since this also seems to be the place for introductions, I’ll do that, too :)

I’m a once-bitten-twice-shy refugee from the working world pursuing my master’s (and PhD, eventually) in electrical and computer engineering. Like Ryan P, I’m a free software supporter and run Linux on all the machines that I can feasibly run Linux on, to the point of evangelizing others to our beautiful Free Software world. Also like Ryan P, I’m an emacs nerd (apologies to vi stalwarts) with lots of experience writing code in Eclipse, thanks mainly to university coursework.

I’ve managed to get the SDK installed and running, and have been exploring and familiarizing myself with the various APIs that’ve been made available to us testers. I’ve made trivial changes to the examples, but have yet to get my feet wet writing anything from scratch.

Sep 25, 2007 6:14pm
dhensley 5 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / javadoc?

Hi,

I have been all over the site today and last night, so I apologize if I have overlooked things, but I was wondering if there is a javadoc page and a developers guide for interacting with the unit and modules.

For example. I would like to find out how to:

1) handle input from the hotkeys. (can I register a callback?)

2) get notified when the motion sensor senses a change (what data does it send me)?

Is there a current document(s) that covers this, or am I left with downloading the bug source code from SVN?

Thanks,

Dave

Sep 25, 2007 6:02pm
dhensley 5 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Facebook Group

I dont use use FB and dont really plan to.

-Dave

Sep 25, 2007 5:51pm
jman 5 posts

Looks like a great idea to me!

Sep 25, 2007 3:04pm
jtoeman 57 posts

Topic: BUGnet / Finding links...

Hi – just wanted to point something out that I realized was a little non-obvious. After you’ve logged into BUGnet, you’ll notice buglabs.net has a new set of navigation links available at the very bottom of the screen. Obviously this’ll get a little more, well, obvious, as we evolve the site. Sorry if this was confusing for anyone right now!

Sep 25, 2007 2:48pm
jtoeman 57 posts

Ryan P
How about starting a Facebook group and adding all the Bug testers? It would be nice to get to know them better that way.

Ryan, interesting suggestion. We had debated that, but weren't really sure how many Bug people would be on FB. Can we have some other FB'ers chime in here so we can get a sense of it? Obviously it's pretty straightforward to do so, but I'd hate to have one of those "empty" groups...

OK, FB+BUG people - please add a comment here!
Sep 25, 2007 1:06pm
Ryan P 22 posts

How about starting a Facebook group and adding all the Bug testers? It would be nice to get to know them better that way.

Sep 25, 2007 12:59pm
Ryan P 22 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Greetings!

Glad to be here! Can’t wait to get started.

Edit: a few words about myself.
I’m a Computer Engineering major at the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire. All the work that I’m doing for classes is in Java using the Eclipse IDE, but I like writing Lisp in Emacs better. =D

I’m a free software user and activist, my workstation is a crappy old beat-up Toshiba that’s on life support from the extended protection plan I bought with it (good for getting feedback from the developers-on-shoestring-budgets demographic, eh?) and I have never liked cell phones or cameras all that much because they aren’t customizable or programmable enough. Thus, my interest in projects like Bug and OpenMoko!

I really look forward to meeting you guys and exploring this platform.

Sep 25, 2007 11:13am
jtoeman 57 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / First impressions?

As you start the download/install/create process, we’d love to hear your feedback on it. AFTER you have downloaded everything AND played with the code at least a little bit, please complete this anonymous survey: http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226XHP…

THANKS!

Sep 25, 2007 1:52am
hoshnasi 1 post

Topic: Meet & Greet / Bug Noob

I’m ready to get my feet wet.

Downloading the SDK and other software now :)