Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

Sep 26, 2007 6:10am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / javadoc?

Dave, this app demonstrates how to listen to button events:

http://buglabs.net/application/show/4

You can just drag the app from BUGnet into your project explorer.

Sep 26, 2007 5:19am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: Applications / FlickrUppr hanging for me on Mac OSX

Hello finsprings, welcome to the BUG beta! To my knowledge we haven’t tested the FlickrUppr example app on OSX. We’ll take a look and let you know.

Sep 26, 2007 5:13am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Dave, I've uploaded javadoc for the Virtual BUG here:

http://bugbeta.com/specifications/javadoc/

I'll be working actively on making this better, but this should provide at least some initial help to you. :D

thanks!
ken
Sep 26, 2007 3:56am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Hello Dave! Good questions :) Sadly Javadocs were not baked into our initial SDK beta release. That has since been rectified but won't be available until our next build. Depending on timing I may publish javadocs to our beta site. In regards to your specific questions:

1. You sure can register a callback. The service definition for this is com.buglabs.device.IButtonEventProvider (which lives in the com.buglabs.common OSGi bundle). In the case of the Virtual BUG, com.buglabs.bug.emulator implements the service. I will provide an example application on BUGnet tomorrow on how to capture hot key events.

2. Yep! In general each hardware module has a corresponding OSGi bundle that:
    A) Defines abstract service definitions for that module.
    B) Provides base implementations

So for your specific case the service definition you want is com.buglabs.bug.module.motion.pub.IMotionSubject provided by the com.buglabs.bug.emulator.module.motion bundle. Our convention is that each OSGi bundle is a project in SVN. Most of the interesting service definitions for BUG live in one of the following bundles:
    1. com.buglabs.common (common and base unit services)
    2. com.buglabs.bug.emulator.module.camera (camera module services)
    3. com.buglabs.bug.emulator.module.gps (...)
    4. com.buglabs.bug.emulator.module.lcd
    5. com.buglabs.bug.emulator.module.motion

Another convention (from the OSGi folks) is to put service definitions (interfaces) in a public package, and implementations in private packages. So generally you'll see the service definitions in com.buglabs.bug.module.[module name].pub packages.

Again, an application will be provided on BUGnet that exercises this service.

In general your best bet is going to be looking for example apps, which we are actively producing and adding to BUGnet. I'll post back to this thread with upcoming documentation details.

Thanks!
ken
Sep 26, 2007 1:37am
Duster 6 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Facebook Group

I have facebook but don’t really care about using it. I would use it for bug though.

Sep 26, 2007 1:16am
matt.gauger 15 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Greetings!

Hey guys, I’m Matt. I’m a college student as well, and have experience across the board with too many programming languages and operating systems to list.

Looking forward to writing some code for this platform! :)

Sep 25, 2007 10:40pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Hi, I’m Dave. I’m a software engineer, working on mobile Windows CE devices for a living in Pittsburgh. I use Mac OSX by choice and some Linux on the desktop at home, but I’m keen to get into Linux more on the embedded side, so Bug should be perfect! The only downside will be finding the time to play with it between work and the kids :-)

Sep 25, 2007 10:26pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Topic: Applications / FlickrUppr hanging for me on Mac OSX

I tried running FlickrUppr on Mac OSX 10.4.10 using JDK 1.5.0 and it hangs when I load the LCD module at the get frame line:
this.frame = disp.getFrame();

I tried it on XP in a VM with JDK 1.6.0_02 and it popped up its Flickr auth GUI just fine.

Anyone else seen this?

I’m also not keen on authorizing FlickrUppr on my Flickr account since it is asking for full access. Maybe I’ll set up a non-pro test account just for it. It would be nice if it just access for posting rights.

Sep 25, 2007 9:41pm
koolatron 52 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Facebook Group

I have a facebook account, but I’m loathe to log in for fear of what may be waiting for me. I’d do it for BUG, though :)

Sep 25, 2007 9:37pm
koolatron 52 posts

Hi there! Just dropping in to say hi.

Since this also seems to be the place for introductions, I’ll do that, too :)

I’m a once-bitten-twice-shy refugee from the working world pursuing my master’s (and PhD, eventually) in electrical and computer engineering. Like Ryan P, I’m a free software supporter and run Linux on all the machines that I can feasibly run Linux on, to the point of evangelizing others to our beautiful Free Software world. Also like Ryan P, I’m an emacs nerd (apologies to vi stalwarts) with lots of experience writing code in Eclipse, thanks mainly to university coursework.

I’ve managed to get the SDK installed and running, and have been exploring and familiarizing myself with the various APIs that’ve been made available to us testers. I’ve made trivial changes to the examples, but have yet to get my feet wet writing anything from scratch.