BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

Sep 27, 2007 2:17am
koolatron 52 posts

Topic: Applications / Help running the apps?

I believe typing "motion" into the console after the ‘(:’ prompt will trigger a motion event.

Sep 27, 2007 2:12am
Duster 6 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / IRC Chat room

I was thinking maybe a chat room for us to hangout and get help. I could see people getting help faster that way. The down side to this is that others will not be able to lookup problems that others have run into. Maybe a chat bot could hangout in the channel and log everything that goes on maybe have some one on the team export some of the problems and solutions to the forum. I know this is not a great idea but being able to bounce ideas of others live has always helped me. Just an idea

Sep 27, 2007 1:19am
dhensley 5 posts

Topic: Applications / Help running the apps?

OK, I am officially confused. I have installed the GoogleTiles app and would like to play with it. I start my virtual bug, add an LCD, motion and GPS module…Now what?

How do I simulate motion for this app? Also, is the java frame that pops up supposed to emulate the LCD? How do I do something with this that would result in me seeing the tile loaded from google maps?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Sep 27, 2007 12:05am
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Topic: Applications / FlickrUppr hanging for me on Mac OSX

Any time frame on the release of the next SDK? Or is there a file I can pull from SVN to patch it for now?

I like to avoid my XP VM as much as possible ;-)

Sep 26, 2007 11:01pm

Topic: Way Off Topic / Open Source?

Apologies if this is stated elsewhere, but I’m curious as to whether you plan on releasing the source to the various components. For example, the JARs in the SDK don’t include the source right now.

I’m not advocating it one way or the other (I’m a big fan of FLOSS, but I also make my living writing closed-source code), but I imagine that it’s a question that will come up more than once, so I figured I ought to ask.

Sep 26, 2007 10:55pm

Topic: BUG SDK / UI Features

I see that com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.pub.IModuleDisplay.getFrame() returns an AWT Frame, and that FlickrUppr is using standard AWT components to create its display.

I can see how that can work in the emulator, but for real hardware I would expect that there would need to be restrictions based on what the LCD component you go with can support (or components if you’re planning of having different kinds of LCD).

Will there be guidelines as to pixel height/width of the display, colour support, font support, etc?

Sep 26, 2007 10:46pm
Medium mcholerton 54 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / This is where I belong

I suppose the Greeting area might be a more appropriate place to say "Hello", but the Way Off Topic forum looked like my kinda place.

Hey - you are all doing a great job. It's exciting to have you digging in to the Bug. I can't wait to see what you make of it and I look forward to hearing more from you.

I'm thinking how fun it would be to get a beta group Call Of Duty II game together (capture the flag). I'll have to work on that. Right now, I'm renting a motorhome so the gang can drive up to Bug+Boston. This should be fun!
Sep 26, 2007 10:45pm
koolatron 52 posts

Topic: Applications / FlickrUppr hanging for me on Mac OSX

I get similar behavior under Linux.

Sep 26, 2007 10:43pm
Duster 6 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Bug Noob

I am doing the same. i am all giddy inside

Sep 26, 2007 10:41pm
Duster 6 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Getting started

Ok so I have set down tonight trying to get this rolling for the weekend and I am kind of at a loss. I guess it is my fault but looking at the bug wiki it says to go download eclipse classic and i think i got the right one it would be kind of nice to see a direct link. If it was right after i figure it out i will edit the wiki

and man i really hope i am right this thing is taking forever to unpack :(