BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Oct 30, 2007 9:40am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / SDK installation

Yellowbkpk, were you able to resolve the issue?

Oct 30, 2007 9:32am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: Official Updates / New SDK Release Ready! Build 248

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the Update Manager causes us some headaches from time to time. :)

Oct 30, 2007 9:29am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Latest SDK release

Dave,

Interesting, preserving the menu focus location sounds like a good usability enhancement. :)

Oct 30, 2007 9:27am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Shawn, thanks for your detailed feedback.

1. Dragonfly perspective hanging: So after the perspective loads, does clicking the refresh button in the BUGnet view take a long time? Another possibility is that the SLP plugin is taking a long time to initialize. That’s probably a good candidate for a Job. (this is good defect material)

2. LCD refresh: yes this is a Linux refresh issue. If the LCD pops up under another window and then gets focus the contents of the LCD are not preserved. Since the LCD Helloworld example only writes its message once you never see it. (more good defect material)

3. LCD 2nd line: The way it works is that your application allocates a region by calling IStatusBarProvider.acquireRegion(). It’s up to the status bar to give you a piece. Currently it goes left/right top/down.

4. Time disable. Yes, the time and "battery" info is being provided by the com.buglabs.bug.base bundle. If you remove that or shut it down in Concierge it should go away. At some future point we’ll have the ability for the user to block messages that they do not care to see. Another idea that’s been tossed around is that an application can acquire a full screen, but the paging logic as of yet is not usable.

Oct 29, 2007 8:12pm
rbpasker 22 posts

Topic: Official Updates / New SDK Release Ready! Build 248

i made some comments about the install process on the "Talk:Install Eclipse & Dragonfly SDKs" wiki page

Oct 29, 2007 2:50pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

kengilmer
Hey Guys,

Any feedback on the latest SDK release?

I updated and was able to run several apps just fine. I see my top-level menu now shows up. It looks like whenever you select an item in any of the sub-menus it goes all the way back to the root, which is a bit annoying, but it does appear to be working at least.
Oct 28, 2007 8:17pm
daryll 11 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / COD II

Check out Alien Arena. (http://alienarena.org) It’s a pretty impressive FPS.

Oct 28, 2007 10:55am
Shawn 14 posts

When I try the LCD example it doesn’t show up the first time. It’s like the screen updates with the message but then is updated again deleting the message.

In a related item, since there are 2 lcd lines…. how would someone access the 2nd line? Or is it just wrapping from the first line?

Is there any way to disable the time display on the LCD, so that an app can have total control of the lcd? Or at least the 2nd line? I see an opportunity for the 1st line to have various messages and operation for the menus, but then to have a ticker tape effect on the second would be useful to provide messages from a variety of applications.

-Shawn

Oct 28, 2007 10:30am
Shawn 14 posts

It seems that when I startup the SDK that it hangs for a much longer period of time and I think it’s due to the bugnet access. If I start in java or debug mode then switch to Dragonfly it loads the initial screen but then hangs. When it starts in SDK it seems to hang for a much longer time than if I switch to it, and once or twice I remember having to close it down because it was more than a minute to start. (ok, yes I’m impatient. :) )

Would it be possible, without a lot of work, to give the bugnet tab a refresh button and cache the last list of items/icons? Or just a load button so if I want to load it up I can take the network hit then?

I know I could close the tab, and re-show it later, but I like the tab and think it is really important to be there.

My system is: Ubuntu 7.10, Centrino Duo 2ghz, 2gig ram.
So you can see why I’m not use to app starts haning. ;)

I think the new SDK has fixed the rough edges I was seeing, and looks more like the tutorials. (the last version I was on seem to be missing the module labels when attached to the bug) And the 2line LCD, that is great.

Thanks
-Shawn

Oct 27, 2007 12:18am
Medium mcholerton 54 posts

Nice work on the release Bug team :-). And big thanks to you Kool for plugging away – we all really appreciate and look forward to your findings and thoughts.