BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Jan 4, 2008 11:58am
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Will BUG be released this year?

I just have a suggestion, you should probably change the web site so that it doesn't confuse people. For example when you click on the store link it says that the store will be up and running before the end of the year.

We plan on updating the site this weekend. Thanks! Your feedback is appreciated.
Jan 4, 2008 11:04am
Orillion 2 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / basic application

@mcaric: thanks, but I don’t realise a difference…
@cathyj: yes, you are right :oops: maybe i should have looked better…

has anyone an idea to the 2nd prob? I’d like to test out the other programms, but I can’t import it…I can only download the BUGnet top apps directly to eclipse, how can I import the others?

EDIT: all right, import seems to work. but i don’t get a "hello world" on the lcd…

Jan 4, 2008 7:47am
cathyj 7 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The PopSci Build-a-BUG challenge is on

I’ve just had a look at the small print on the competition website. Its only open to U.S residents. Is there any chance of having a competition open to Europeans and rest of world, cos that would be great and I’d love to win a bug

Jan 4, 2008 6:16am
gerdavax 2 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / How to kill a Virtual BUG already running.

Hi.

After some tests, Eclipse is no longer able to execute applications because a Virtual BUG appears to be running. However, there is no Virtual BUG window nor any "stop" button in the console view. Is it any lock file to be deleted?

Thank you.

Stefano.

Jan 4, 2008 3:40am
oceanic 6 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Slim line?

LCD certainly looks good in a standard offering. Different people will have different takes on this issue though. It will depend a lot on which markets does BUG catch on.

I see BUG as a quick prototyping platform for a lot of industry and research applications, so communication makes sense. I think having a wireless communication module (not necessarily wifi) will be a good idea.

Another thing is that it should be able to buy even the standard BUG base with some kind of comm module embedded in it. Why waste a connector? Over time, the greatest common divisor across all markets should be available as the standard feature set. But I wonder if the labs would rather take the hassle.

Jan 4, 2008 3:24am
oceanic 6 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Facebook Group

Hey, I am on Orkut and not using it at all. Not interested in another signup on FaceBook.

Jan 3, 2008 11:12pm
zman1143 3 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Will BUG be released this year?

I just have a suggestion, you should probably change the web site so that it doesn’t confuse people. For example when you click on the store link it says that the store will be up and running before the end of the year.

Jan 3, 2008 9:43pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The PopSci Build-a-BUG challenge is on

I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the PopSci contest. Details here: http://www.bugblogger.com/2008/01/the-popsci-bu…

What’s the Grand Prize you say?

<drool>A BUGbase and four BUGmodules</drool>

Jan 3, 2008 9:09pm
cathyj 7 posts

Hi Orillion,
I’ve just gone through the hello world application as well and found the same thing as yourself. I found that when the Hello world is run the output from the program is hidden in all the other messages that are written to the console .

So it might be worth checking the console output. You might have been successful without even realising it

Jan 3, 2008 6:01pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Hi Orillion,

After reviewing the wiki page you referenced, we realized there was some confusing information in there that could possibly have led to the problems you’re having.

I just updated the instructions, so please take another look at the ‘Create a basic application’ wiki page and follow the steps listed there. If you are still having problems getting Hello World to run, let us know and we’ll do our best to help you out.

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Create_a…

Thanks,
Melinda