BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Jan 5, 2008 6:40pm
hzaida 38 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Generic module description

cgrinde,

First, apologies for not allowing new users to post URLs right off the bat… we have had some issues with spam and are trying to keep the forums clean!

Second, great ideas… be sure to check out the Popular Science contest. Details can be found here: http://www.bugblogger.com/2008/01/the-popsci-bu…

Thanks,
Heather

Jan 5, 2008 4:03pm
cgrinde 1 post

Topic: Suggestion Box / Generic module description

Suggestions for additional modules:
(I am ne to this forum and cannot post URLs, so please excuse me for not posting the links directly due to forum rules)
- Description of module interface to enable people to make their own hardware or a generic module.
-Bluetooth/modem/wifi module
-Storage module that can carry multiple memory cards of different formats but be accessed as one
-Charger module based on kinetic energy(shake your device to charge it)
-IR camera for tracking(See Natural point website or search for ‘wii lee tracking’ on google for the website of Johnny Chung Lee)
-Module to connect system to regular computer screens/projectors(VGA,DVI++)
-Projector module(See Microvision webiste)
-Pressure sensor module
-Radio/DVB reciever

Jan 5, 2008 4:32am
resistor 2 posts

Topic: Applications / Using the camera

Hi all,

I’m trying to make a test application that uses the camera module, and running into an issue:

ICameraDevice returns the image as a JPEG encoded array of bytes. For my application, I need to turn this into a BufferedImage. However, without the javax.imageio API, I’m not sure how to achieve this. Any suggestions?

Jan 5, 2008 1:44am
Jessie 10 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The PopSci Build-a-BUG challenge is on

ya i seen that. infact that is how i found the bug.

Jan 4, 2008 5:52pm
jtoeman 57 posts

We will most certainly have international programs in place once we begin shipping internationally!! It won’t be right in with launch, but as soon as we can get the infrastructure in place, we’ll be there.

Jan 4, 2008 5:35pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / How to kill a Virtual BUG already running.

Thanks for the update, Stefano. If you find the issue popping up again with the reinstall you can enter a defect on our public Bugzilla:

http://bugcommunity.com/bugzilla/

I haven’t seen this one myself, but let me know if this continues to be a problem or you need any further assistance.

Melinda

Jan 4, 2008 4:37pm
gerdavax 2 posts

Hi Melinda,

the Virtual BUG is not shown, therefore it can’t get focus to receive the Esc key event. Rebooting Eclipse does not solve the problem. I have to remove and reinstall the SDK to get it run. I’m trying to reproduce the conditions that cause the Virtual BUG lock and I will inform you about it.

Thank you.
Stefano.

Jan 4, 2008 1:27pm
User_img_not_found_05_med enicky 24 posts

cathyj
I've just had a look at the small print on the competition website. Its only open to U.S residents. Is there any chance of having a competition open to Europeans and rest of world, cos that would be great and I'd love to win a bug

That's a good point!!
Jan 4, 2008 1:15pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Hi gerdavax,

Have you tried hitting Esc to exit the Virtual BUG? If that doesn’t work, type exit in the console view. And if you’re still having problems, try closing and re-launching Eclipse.

Let us know if you’re still having problems!

Thanks,
Melinda

Jan 4, 2008 1:12pm
jrank 1 post

Topic: BUGmodules / Power management

How is power management handled for modules? The GPS module, for example, could drain the battery if it remains active all the time, and it’s a bit low tech to think I’d have to physically remove the module to prevent that.

Would it be possible to have a programmable interface for power management (or module management in general)? It could even be a community app as long as the low level API is available. Right now it looks like the only interaction I can have with the GPS module is through IPositionProvider, which doesn’t contain any management functions.