BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Jan 11, 2008 1:22am
resistor 2 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Documentation for PhoneME Basis and Personal Profile

Yeah, I’m pretty much stall on my concept for an application without better information on how the Image APIs are supposed to work. How am I supposed to interact with data from the camera otherwise?

Jan 10, 2008 10:23pm
timg 6 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Double Size Screen / Hard Drive

"brasseale"
Of all the technical modules I have seen posted, I haven't seen a Double Sized Screen. A screen (which is touch sensitive) takes up two ports on the bug base to display vivid video at twice the size of the current screen.

If you look at the products page, you'll see they are planning a double-sized screen for Q2.

That makes me think. I want to build a GPS. Once I get the double-sized screen, adding the GPS on the back will make it uneven. Anyone know if they are planning to produce "empty" modules to plug in place?

--t
Jan 10, 2008 9:46pm
jonsmirl 3 posts

Topic: BUGbase / If the base could have bluetooth

USB is an easy way to get Bluetooth. This adapter is smaller than a nickel and under $15. It worked on Ubuntu out of the box.

store dot shentech dot com/usbblusbdo3w.html

It is easy to get 802.11 this way too.

Jan 10, 2008 6:06pm
brasseale 1 post

Topic: BUGmodules / Double Size Screen / Hard Drive

Of all the technical modules I have seen posted, I haven’t seen a Double Sized Screen. A screen (which is touch sensitive) takes up two ports on the bug base to display vivid video at twice the size of the current screen.

Another mod would be an increase in storage capacity for the bug module. I realize there are micro slots for memory cards, but how about a good ole’ fashioned 100bg (or more!) hdd serving as storage through a module.

Just my two cents as a video/web enthusiast.

Jan 10, 2008 1:09pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / What are the GPS specifications??

Good to hear! We’ll be updating the Wiki as information becomes available, hopefully I’ll get the specs for the base unit up sometime today.

Thanks,
Melinda

Jan 10, 2008 12:35pm
Josh 6 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / What are the GPS specifications??

Wow, that doesn’t sound half bad :)

Any info on the other modules yet, or is it a "wait and see" thing? :P

Jan 10, 2008 11:34am
cathyj 7 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Power management

This is something I would be interested in finding out more about. I’ve started to work on a clock/ alarm clock application.

I would want to turn off the screen after a few minutes of inactivity and at the preset time be able to power the bug and module up for use.

Jan 10, 2008 3:35am
IFZen 1 post

Topic: BUGmodules / 3G/Mobile Phone Module

This sounds a good idea. Is there any reason why this king of module would’nt work ?

Jan 9, 2008 7:19pm
Bad_SCR 7 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Radar Detector Module & Audio Module

*A Radar Detector Module would be vary nice to have. :roll:

--------------------------
*Also A Audio Module That would have a speacker and Audio IN-puts & Out-puts

This Way one could have a I-pod playing thrugh it and be able to have an announcement come over the audio (Voice Overs).

And maybe a little Mixer built-in (EX.. INput-One, INput-Two, and INput-BUG)

-----------------------------

Video Output Module so one could interface with a TV, projector, ect.... (s-video and composite video outputs)
Jan 9, 2008 6:00pm
Bad_SCR 7 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / Thank You (Sincerely)

!Revolutionary!
Finally a product made by the people for the people.

I Love the full Open Source Hardware