BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Jan 11, 2008 5:26pm
yye00 4 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Greetings

I am a computational research scientist (though an engineer by training). I work mostly in high performance scientific computing (read supercomputers) but dabble in various areas of computing.

Jan 11, 2008 5:18pm
yye00 4 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Is Dragonfly the David Hasselhoff of SDKs?

I wouldn’t mind better stability on 64 bit machines considering most of the new platforms are 64 bit machines. I am not sure if you can do something about this or not. My experience is that Dragonfly is more stable on AMD 64 bit with sun java (64 bit) than on intel core 2 Duo (with 64 bit sun java). For now, I can use Dragonfly on my fedora 8 AMD box so I am content.

Jan 11, 2008 5:04pm
jswilson64 4 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / 3G/Mobile Phone Module

I vote for GSM if a phone module is produced…

Jan 11, 2008 5:02pm
jswilson64 4 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / What are the GPS specifications??

That Melinda posted includes a "for more info" link- any idea which of those NavMan products on that page is used in the Bug GPS module?

can’t seem to reply with a quote…

Jan 11, 2008 1:16pm
cycomimespike7777 4 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Screen Projector Module

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a module that projected the image that would normaly appear on the LCD screen on the wall or some small white object like one of those projector that you can get for a real sized computer. The picture does not have to be big, but something of a semi bigger size of about 7-10 inches. Just thought it would be a k00l idea!

Jan 11, 2008 11:21am
Robert 2 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from NW Florida

Hello and how is everyone doing today?

I may be way behind the power curve, but I just learned about this company today (Jan 11 2008) but I think it has great potential for the public as well as in our educational systems! Wondering if this company will hit the stock market as I am always looking for a new investment.

Jan 11, 2008 11:08am
Robert 2 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / XM/Sirrius Module or MP3 player

If not alraedy created, I think you should immediatly look into an MP3 attachment as well as a XM/Sirrius radio ability. What do you think? :o

Jan 11, 2008 10:33am
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / basic application

Defect 83 has been created in Bugzilla.

Orillion, have you had a chance to run this again with the edits from my last post?

Jan 11, 2008 6:53am
paulurban 2 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Connecting modules via cable

Have you considered adding the option of connecting modules via cable? One may not always want modules to be "stacked". Cabling would give you the freedom to position the modules optimally for the application.

The modules look a little big to me. If one wanted to add a pressure sensor module, for example, a housing of that size would mostly be empty space? If one constructed a reasonably complex gadget, containing say, 10 modules, it might start to look a little silly.

I see the common API, bus and the hackable, open base as the real attraction of the platform, not the stackability. Surely, it makes more sense to keep each module to the minimum possible size, and allow flexible positioning of modules by connecting them with cables?

Perhaps you’re planning to release a cable of some sort?

Jan 11, 2008 2:39am
huli 5 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Buglabs should switch to j2se 1.5?

I didn’t get an answer to why buglabs is using phoneME and not j2se 1.5 with a vm like jamvm and the gnuclasspath. Wouldn’t it make development easier ? the classpath could be shrink, divided into bundles but poten