BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Jan 7, 2008 10:55am
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Will Schematics go Public ?

Hi Richard,

We do have a plan to post these, we just haven’t figured out exactly how they will be made available to the public as the file sizes are considerable. Right now we’re hoping to have them accessible in the next web release, so stay tuned!

Thanks,
Melinda

Jan 7, 2008 10:43am
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Power management

Hi jrank,

At the moment we have no immediate plans to do that, however the implementation of power management is an item that is already under discussion. Once we have more information available for you we’ll be sure to keep you updated.

Thanks!
Melinda

Jan 7, 2008 7:50am
richardrooney 1 post

Topic: BUGmodules / Will Schematics go Public ?

Hi,
I am very interested in the open-hardware aspects of bug boards.
What schematics will be made public and when ?
(I am interested in designing my own bug modules.)

As a H/W design consultant, I would be interested in designing-in Bluetooth and GPRS connectivity as well as temperature, humidity, pressure, etc. sensors for datalogging – to name just one possible application.

Thanks,
Richard

Jan 6, 2008 4:35pm
timg 6 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Documentation for PhoneME Basis and Personal Profile

"koolatron"
I spent a good chunk of time today trying to figure out why the BufferedImage class we have access to doesn't have a public constructor.

So I looked at the API docs you listed and, sure enough, there is no public constructor for BufferedImage. So did you figure out how to create one?

I see that you can create a VolatileImage. Is that what we are stuck with?

Also, any idea on Java2D? I see Graphics2D in the javadocs, but Component returns a Graphics. Volatile image does return a Graphics2D, though.

Or, maybe an easier question: If I download the DragonflySDK and build and/or run against the emulator, does it use the PhoneME libraries (locally) or the fullblown JDK? (i.e. will I know what support I have if I'm developing on my local box?).

Thanks,
tim
Jan 6, 2008 8:30am
David 15 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUG price :(

no, i got that bug is a multifunciaonal thing that can be used to replace alot of other electronics, but i thought like the whole set of 4 modules and a bugbase would be like 400$, not 600

Jan 6, 2008 2:56am
User_img_not_found_05_med enicky 24 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / how much?

jtoeman

David, we are definitely planning to expand into Europe, and will make it happen as fast as we can. It won't be at the same time as our US launch, but hopefully not much beyond that.

Isn't it possible to also place a pre - order to europe ? (So you guys ship it as an SDK or so ?)

Or isn't there anything we can do, except waiting ? :(
Jan 5, 2008 9:23pm
denotsko 1 post

It’s a shame that you missed the point by so much. The idea is that the lage initial investment would stil be cheaper in the long run. Once you add up all the little things you have laying around doing nothing, the BUG is cheaper.

Jan 5, 2008 9:06pm
David 15 posts

When I saw the BugLabs picure on the makezine blog, i was quite happy, coz i knew the prices are announced, well…. not for long
when i saw only the bugbase costs 300$ a little bit of my heart died…
calculating the price of a whole set of all the modules and a bugbase (almost 600$), i almost felt like crying :(

i was so sure i was going to get it sooner or later, but now… i dont really think i want it :(

Jan 5, 2008 7:58pm
jonsmirl 3 posts

Topic: BUGbase / JTAG for MX31

It would be good it you can extract the necessary info for implementing JTAG on the MX31 from Freescale and open source it. Then send Dominic Rath (author OpenOCD) a few thousand dollars to add MX31 support to OpenOCD. The JTAG hardware used by OpenOCD is under $50.

If you can do that, you’ll have a $50 solution that lets the host PC use Eclipse to debug the MX31 kernel.

Note that he has already implemented support for most ARM7/9 processors. AFAIK the necessary information for ARM11 has never been released.

Jan 5, 2008 7:05pm
zman1143 3 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Will BUG be released this year?

Website looks good!!