BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Jan 22, 2008 1:59pm
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from China

whaleforest, ni hao.

Wo shi Bug Labs de senior web developer. Bu hao yisi, wo bu hui xie Zhongguo zi. Erqie, wo de Zhongwen mei you name hao, keshi wo xiwang ni kan de dong wo xie de pinyin.

Wo ye xihuan processing. Ni zhedao ma? Processing jiu shi Java. Zheli, ni hui kan zenma yiqi yong processing gen Eclipse: http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB….

The BUG SDK shi yi ge Eclipse plugin. Suoyi ruguo ni liaojie na ge post ranhou lianxi yi xia processing gen java, xie BUG applications bu tai kunnan.

Erqia, yinwei women xihuan processing, guo yi kuaier de shijian, women dagai hui xie zenma yiqi yong processing he BUG.

Xie xie

Jan 22, 2008 11:50am
jtoeman 57 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / how much?

Just wanted to remind everyone we are really working on a solution for international order taking, both the credit card/transaction processing and the shipping logistics issues. IN the meantime, we’ll make updates as we have some progress.

Also, in case I wasn’t clear in the blog post: WHEN we start with international orders, we WILL extend the Early Adopter Discount internationally!

Best,
Jeremy

Jan 22, 2008 9:28am
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUG for a car surveillance?

Pete,

There is a bit more information here that pertains to your questions: http://bugcommunity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147&highlight=

Thanks,
Kevin
Jan 22, 2008 9:05am
Shawn 14 posts

Topic: Applications / What about components?

Finsprings, good catch.

Try the new version of VirtKey I just uploaded. I had an extra addFocusListener inside the vkey constructor. Doh!!

It was catching it’s own focus change and was causing the issues
you saw. You might also want to remove the code in the test app that adds the vkey to the notes field so when you shift from one to the other you can see the keyboard close itself.

Thanks for the question and info. If you find anything else please post it and I’ll be happy to help track it down.

-Shawn

Jan 22, 2008 7:59am
whaleforest 7 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from China

Hi everyone.
I live in China,and has graduae from Fine Arts university at autumn 2007.Now i turn to use Arduino and Wiring to do Physical Computing Arts with artist and engineer.Our drem is introduce Physical Computing to Fine Arts university in China.Just like MIT Media Lab or NY ITP or UCLA DMA.aha,that’s really a drem.
I notice the Bug is a wonderful tools,but i don’t know Java and Lunix,,,,Can i use ActionScript or Processing in Bug at the future?

Thanks for reading,and want make friends with you.
(Sorry for my poor english)
:D

Jan 22, 2008 7:46am
Medium finsprings 268 posts

kengilmer
Finsprings,

In regards to your question about sharing code among apps; there are several ways to do this and the way you mention is a good one. Another approach (we are working on Web and SDK support for this now) is to create a seperate utility bundle that your application bundle "Imports-Package" from. This allows other application bundles to use your utility bundle independently of your application. This is a core use case of OSGi in general. Unfortunately with the Web and SDK as they stand now there is no easy way of finding dependent bundles for a given application. This is something we hope to fix soon. LMK what you think...

That sounds like a good approach Ken. Will those bundles have version numbers associated with them? If you break the interface contract in a bundle, you'd want to be able to rev the version number and keep the old one around for apps that haven't been updated. Apps would need to associate themselves with a particular major or major+minor version of the bundle.
Jan 22, 2008 7:37am
whaleforest 7 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUG price :(

I’m a Bug Fans from China,has graduate from Fine arts collage.
299$ is a month’s salary for me,,,aha.that’s shame.

I use Arduino and Wiring to do some work.that’s cheap for me.But i want one Bug anyway.

So that mean,i should eating less and drinking less to save the money to get Bug.

Anyway i wise Bug will be cheap in the future,then more and more people can get it.

Jan 22, 2008 7:15am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Finsprings,

In regards to your question about sharing code among apps; there are several ways to do this and the way you mention is a good one. Another approach (we are working on Web and SDK support for this now) is to create a seperate utility bundle that your application bundle "Imports-Package" from. This allows other application bundles to use your utility bundle independently of your application. This is a core use case of OSGi in general. Unfortunately with the Web and SDK as they stand now there is no easy way of finding dependent bundles for a given application. This is something we hope to fix soon. LMK what you think…

Jan 22, 2008 5:22am
pete_by 1 post

Topic: BUGbase / BUG for a car surveillance?

Hello,

I would like to implement an autonomous car surveillance system using BUGBase. The only I need is an interface to connect external spycam, ability to connect a SD/MicroSD USB card-reader and corresponding software drivers and video codec.
I know that there is the java-SDK for the BUG and I have a strong java-knowledge, but would like to have a way to use plain-C/C++ software also. Could you, please, clarify if the BUG fits all my requirements and how can I write programs for BUG using C-language and what’s linux distributive you use. I need to know this exactly before placing a preorder.

Wish you all a great success!

Peter
Minsk, Belarus

Jan 22, 2008 12:00am
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Shawn,

I was playing with your VirtKeyboard demo app and had some questions. At first it didn’t seem like pressing X was working for me to close the keyboard, so I put a breakpoint on the hide() call in VKey.actionPerformed. With that, I can see that it the keyboard does get hidden. However, I can’t seem to navigate from the userid field to the notes field: the keyboard come right back as soon as I try and click, or press tab.

If I run without the breakpoint, when I press the X the keyboard disappears and then reappears.

What am I doing wrong? I really like what you’ve done here, and I’d like to incorporate it into my todo app so it’s not just running off canned lists of cake.