BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,449 posts found

Jan 21, 2008 2:58pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Charlottesville/DC Metro

Hi Ashish,

We’re glad to have you aboard! I really like your ideas for the BUG, can’t wait to see what you come up with :)

Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 2:48pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The store is live!

Fantastic! We’re pretty excited about it on this end, as you can probably imagine ;)

Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 2:42pm
Zoidberg 1 post

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Charlottesville/DC Metro

I’m a IT software consultant in Charlottesville, VA, USA (originally from the Washington DC area though), which means I have a varied skillset and I also get to wear a suit and say "Synergy" a lot!

But most of all, I love programming, putting things together, and have wanted to build my own device for a while (researched microcontrollers for a bit until I read about BugLabs on Scoble’s blog)... very excited to get my bug!

Ashish

Jan 21, 2008 2:39pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Install Eclipse & Dragonfly SDKs

Hi All,

Here is the direct link to the wiki instruction page for installing Eclipse and the Dragonfly SDK:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/SDK_Inst…

Please feel free to use this topic if you have feedback, experiences or questions to share.

Thanks,

Jan 21, 2008 1:46pm
Medium cdraptor 25 posts

I put my order in for the bundle. So the Hiro version is going to have a WiFi Module – that will be okay. I will most likely buy the BUGbase with the built-in later on.

Jan 21, 2008 1:31pm
fluicons 2 posts

Cool!
Can’t wait for international shipping. When it takes loooong before that is possible, maybe i’ll have a look on eBay or something.

Maybe i wait until wifi is buit in, it’s something i really need.

But i’m very excited about buglabs, so i’m a customer for sure :P .

Jan 21, 2008 12:35pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

The Bug Labs store is now open and ready for business, you can read all about it here:

http://www.bugblogger.com/2008/01/announcing-th…

Thanks!
Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 11:38am
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Automated Acoustic Recording Device

Hi Matthew,

What you are describing will be possible in Q2 2008 when our next set of modules are released that will include the audio speaker and I/O mini jacks. Keep in mind that in order to use the BUG you will need to be able to program in Java, so if that is something you are interested in doing then you could definitely make the device you have described here.

Hope this helps!
Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 11:29am
koolatron 52 posts

Topic: Official Updates / Application Cook Off

Holy crap!

That’s extremely generous of you guys. Thanks so much!

—k

Jan 21, 2008 8:41am
Medium agordon 74 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / REQUEST: Guide to getting the BUG SDK installed.

Hi, RobbieThe1st. You should be able to find detailed SDK installation instructions on our wiki at http://bugcommunity.com/wiki .

Please feel free to post any additional questions you might have.