BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Jan 21, 2008 4:36pm
User_img_not_found_05_med enicky 24 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The store is live!

mcaric
Not just yet, but we're working on a solution to this so stay tuned!

Melinda

sniff sniff :cry:

Jan 21, 2008 4:04pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Not just yet, but we’re working on a solution to this so stay tuned!

Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 3:57pm
Medium agordon 74 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / posting URLs

Hi, jlerner. First of all: Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately, we had to implement this control as part of an anti-spam suite. Prior to putting this limitation in, we saw some pretty disgusting spam from automated bots. After implementing, we’re doing a lot better as far as forum-spam goes.

Our current settings allow for posting of URLs after only just one day and one post, which are a lot less restrictive than the defaults. We’re hoping we won’t need to crank these settings back up, as we understand the frustration that such a system can cause.

Jan 21, 2008 3:48pm
User_img_not_found_05_med enicky 24 posts

I want to buy one!!!!

You guys still have no idea about international shipping dates ? :cry:

Jan 21, 2008 3:26pm
firehorus 1 post

Topic: BUGmodules / Module suggestions

I have several recommendations for Bug accesories. First of all, I would like to see as another blogger said, a scanner attachment. Also, I believe that it may be interesting to see robotic limbs for the Bug so that it will be able to move around. It might also be interesting to see a external hard drive for the Bug in case you have so many programs and or files recorded that the internal hard drive gets filled. Mainly however, I would like to see either an increase in the amount of accesories that the Bug can sustain or a accesory that allows for accesories to be attached to it. Following my previous sentance, I also think that it would be nice to have extension cords for Bug modules so that they can be 20 feet away from the Bug rather than being attached to the Bug itself.

Jan 21, 2008 3:11pm
jlerner 1 post

Topic: Suggestion Box / posting URLs

Seems like you can’t post suggestions with URLs in them if you haven’t posted something else first (like this!) and then waited a day… The URLs in question would be a reference to something relevant :(

Jan 21, 2008 2:58pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Charlottesville/DC Metro

Hi Ashish,

We’re glad to have you aboard! I really like your ideas for the BUG, can’t wait to see what you come up with :)

Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 2:48pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Fantastic! We’re pretty excited about it on this end, as you can probably imagine ;)

Melinda

Jan 21, 2008 2:42pm
Zoidberg 1 post

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Charlottesville/DC Metro

I’m a IT software consultant in Charlottesville, VA, USA (originally from the Washington DC area though), which means I have a varied skillset and I also get to wear a suit and say "Synergy" a lot!

But most of all, I love programming, putting things together, and have wanted to build my own device for a while (researched microcontrollers for a bit until I read about BugLabs on Scoble’s blog)... very excited to get my bug!

Ashish

Jan 21, 2008 2:39pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Install Eclipse & Dragonfly SDKs

Hi All,

Here is the direct link to the wiki instruction page for installing Eclipse and the Dragonfly SDK:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/SDK_Inst…

Please feel free to use this topic if you have feedback, experiences or questions to share.

Thanks,