BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Jan 24, 2008 3:57pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Your Dream Language

For me, Python because a lot of schools are starting to use it as their "first" language. It would be fun for new programmers to tie in Python with a BUG to see that programming is bigger than PCs.

Jan 24, 2008 3:36pm
Medium mcholerton 54 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / We Want Your Quips!

I’ll be back

Jan 24, 2008 3:29pm
hzaida 38 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / We Want Your Quips!

Your quips have been added!

Sorry, Cholly only 2 out of your 13 made it. Slam!

Thanks everyone, keep em’ coming!

Heather

Jan 24, 2008 12:21pm
akravets 25 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Unable to download app (FC8)

Nice, glad it worked out with minimal intrusion :)

Jan 24, 2008 6:54am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Avoiding Java: low level C API?

Hi MP,

All sources: linux, device drivers, JVM, JNI, BUG applications are GPL or BSD-style and will be provided via SVN. Some already are, for example the SDK is available on our SVN repository and much of the BUG application layer. We will also make available the toolchain and instructions to make it easy to generate the kernel and rootfs for yourself.

And yes, the iMX 31 supports VFP.

Jan 24, 2008 1:39am
whaleforest 7 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / 3G/Mobile Phone Module

I vote of GSM and SIM too. :D
Maybe this modules can include GSM CDMA and 3G .

Jan 23, 2008 10:11pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Unable to download app (FC8)

akravets
Finsprings,

Can you refer to these links to see if there is something with the settings on your Fedora or perhaps Firefox itself:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=615679
http://kb.mozillazine.org/SSL_is_disabled

thanks,
akravets

Thanks! That first one did the trick. I actually didn't even have a ~/.mozilla/eclipse but when I mkdir'd it I was able to access bugnet from eclipse and I can see it creating cache files in there. I expect this was because I just untar'd eclipse rather than picking up an rpm.
Jan 23, 2008 5:33pm
mp 1 post

Topic: BUG SDK / Avoiding Java: low level C API?

Hello,
Does this mean you will distribute the source code for the OS and all the device drivers and I will be able to rebuild it from scratch? (I am sure your OS is very good, but I would like the option to disimprove it! :))

I have a second question which is unrelated but short – does the arm11 you chose include the vector floating point coprocessor?

Good luck with the bug it looks great!

regards,
Mark

Jan 23, 2008 4:36pm
jtoeman 57 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Cases...

Thanks for the suggestion! Without giving too much away yet, we definitely have something like this on the radar. :)

Jan 23, 2008 3:59pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Environmental Modules suggestion.

Hi Granitefall,

We welcome any and all suggestions for modules you’d like to see in future hardware releases. No doubt we’ll be getting many more specialized requests, and when we receive enough for a particular module we would look into the feasibility of putting it into production.

I’m not sure if you’ve heard about the Von Hippel BUGmodule, but if you’re technically inclined enough to create these modules this might be a good starting point:

http://www.bugblogger.com/2008/01/announcing-pr…

Thanks!
Melinda