BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

Jan 26, 2008 5:11pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Topic: BUGnet / where do I find com.buglabs.bug.base.pub.ITimeProvider

Sorry, I didn’t realize that package had been renamed. I’ve uploaded an v1.0.2 of BUGer with the necessary changes to work with the new SDK.

Jan 26, 2008 5:02pm
bmartinek 22 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Connecting modules via cable

Definately tag me on to the list of cable connectors for the modules.Just for the Camera Module alone this would make sense.

Keep up the good work, I am very excited to get my Hiro P bundle!

Jan 26, 2008 3:41pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Hi gregm,

The last release of the SDK had a change to the path:

"com.buglabs.bug.base.pub." is now "com.buglabs.bug.emulator.base.pub."

The full Release notes are here:
http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Build_266

Jan 26, 2008 2:22pm

Topic: BUG SDK / Problem with Creating an Application... Web Service

If your app has dependencies you need to ‘plug in’ the modules – GPS, LCD, whatever – that your app needs before it will run. Also, if you place calls to System.out.println in your code those messages will go to the console, so you can use them for primitive tracing. There is a log API but I’m not sure how/if it works.

Jan 26, 2008 2:16pm
User_img_not_found_05_med wimora 10 posts

finsprings,
Thanks! That was the issue with the IDE. No more flags so everything appears to be OK there. This is my first experience with Eclipse so I have a lot to learn on that front. Thanks for the tip.

Outside of that, when I Run It! I get nothing at all. I don’t see anything in the console either. What I’m expecting is to see the LCD in the Virtual Bug or should this be in a bigger LCD popup like the Calc or AWTTutorial?

Kevin,
I tried to document this issue as well as I could. I’ve tried it at least half a dozen times and haven’t been able to regularly recreate the "clicking on the bug to eventually get the check boxes" issue in exactly the same way. If I get a chance I’ll try again.

Also I’ll try the MOtionsensor when I can.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Bill

Jan 26, 2008 12:10pm
gregm 2 posts

I downloaded BUGer and BugSecurityCam and both have ITimeProvider as a dependency. Where could I find the jar that supplies this?

Jan 26, 2008 10:56am
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Wimora,

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for pointing out the snag in step 5, it definately needs to be clarified to say click Next, start a virtual bug, select services etc. Does the MotionSensor example in the Wiki work for you? This afternoon I will try out the steps in the wiki and see if I run into the same problem you are having.

Thanks,
Jan 26, 2008 12:33am

Topic: BUG SDK / Your Dream Language

I use C+ day in, day out, at work, and I love it. I enjoy Java too but, like C+, it’s probably a bit heavyweight for a lot of the things people would want to do with the bug. I think Python is probably the most accessible language you could make available for general purpose tinkering.

If you don’t want as big a runtime as Python you could consider LUA. It’s tiny and is surprisingly powerful. It’s often found embedded in other applications, so you could conceivably provide an OSGI module that exposes the bug interfaces to a LUA engine running inside it and let people write LUA scripts to live in that engine.

Jan 26, 2008 12:26am

Did you try adding:

import com.buglabs.status.IStatusBarProvider;

to the imports section at the top of your file?

A handy tip in Eclipse is that, if you have an error like this, you will a lightbulb/X icon in the margin to the left of the line it doesn’t like. If you click on that icon it will offer you suggestions on how to resolve the problem. In this case it will suggest the above import as one of the options.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Dave

Jan 25, 2008 8:40pm
myaliasisrithm 15 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Network/Ethernet Module

Hi,
The bugbase has a built-in ethernet port. For an additional ethernet port, you can use a USB->ethernet dongle.
Regards,
‘rithm