BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Jan 27, 2008 11:16pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Servlet: static files?

Any update on this Ken? Basically, how would one server up image files that didn’t exist at module deployment?

Also, on a related matter, any further thoughts to file system access from modules? In the emulator, the BUGer log and image files get written to the current working directory, in my case where the eclipse binary is. Some means of exposing module-specific permanent storage in a a file-system agnostic fashion would be nice.

Jan 27, 2008 11:13pm

Topic: BUGmodules / 1-wire and Zigbee

The Bug von Hippel module is an I/O breakout box, so you might be able to use it to connect to a ZigBee module or a 1-Wire device.

Ember’s (ember.com) EM260 acts as a ZigBee coprocessor that you can drive via an API that runs over I2C. Telegesis (telegesis.com) provides an Ember EM250 with firmware that exposes a serial interface so that you can interact with it via AT modem-style commands. It’s a very simple way to get into playing with ZigBee without even having to write code for a microprocessor.

The iMX31 of course has 1 Wire and I2C ports on it (http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/fact_s… but I don’t know what buglabs plans to break out on the von Hippel module.

Jan 27, 2008 12:11am
signal15 2 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / analog switch module

I would love to see a module which had several pairs of wire connectors that could be switched to an open or closed circuit for controlling relays and other external things.

Jan 27, 2008 12:09am
signal15 2 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / 1-wire and Zigbee

1-wire and Zigbee would be able to provide remote environmental sensors and controls from the device. This would rock for things like home automation, or other automation control applications.

Jan 26, 2008 9:58pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Problem with Creating an Application... Web Service

This is a known regression, any string under 5 characters works but over 5 and the status bar does not print it.. Try it with "Hello" instead of "Hello World" and see if it works.

Thanks,
Jan 26, 2008 7:13pm
gregm 2 posts

Topic: BUGnet / where do I find com.buglabs.bug.base.pub.ITimeProvider

finsprings
Sorry, I didn't realize that package had been renamed. I've uploaded an v1.0.2 of BUGer with the necessary changes to work with the new SDK.

thanks I'll download and instlall!
Jan 26, 2008 6:04pm
User_img_not_found_05_med wimora 10 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Problem with Creating an Application... Web Service

Had a chance to try MotionSensor.
It went well but for step 6 I had to left click instead of right click. (A very minor issue.)

When I go back to the LCD Helloworld I appear to have a "mostly working" situation but still nothing on the Virtual Bug except the time.

I’ve seen references to the log too but have no idea what to do with it.

Jan 26, 2008 5:11pm

Sorry, I didn’t realize that package had been renamed. I’ve uploaded an v1.0.2 of BUGer with the necessary changes to work with the new SDK.

Jan 26, 2008 5:02pm
bmartinek 22 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Connecting modules via cable

Definately tag me on to the list of cable connectors for the modules.Just for the Camera Module alone this would make sense.

Keep up the good work, I am very excited to get my Hiro P bundle!

Jan 26, 2008 3:41pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Hi gregm,

The last release of the SDK had a change to the path:

"com.buglabs.bug.base.pub." is now "com.buglabs.bug.emulator.base.pub."

The full Release notes are here:
http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Build_266