BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Feb 12, 2008 11:02am
myaliasisrithm 15 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / ETA for module specification?

Hi,
Thanks! That’s great – you folks are really on top of things :)

Feb 12, 2008 12:59am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

myaliasisrithm,

This document is floating around internally. Let me figure out where it is and get back to you. Many people have been asking for this…

Feb 11, 2008 10:12am
hzaida 38 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Oi To The World!!

Tgeahre,

Welcome to the BUG Community! Have you downloaded the SDK and started playing yet? Let us know if you need anything.

Cheers,
Heather

Feb 10, 2008 3:04am
Subway 6 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Some ideas for modules.. (a rather long list!)

Maybe it would be a good idea to have polls for each new module idea. Those with the highest demand will be made first and those with almost no demand will become DIY modules with guides posted on the buglabs site.

Feb 9, 2008 10:38pm
klingon 2 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / Shipping to germany

I too am interested. I’d love to show one to my wombat :wink: . Let’s hear when you chaps can ship to Oz(tralia)

C:\>

Feb 9, 2008 10:35pm
klingon 2 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / We Want Your Quips!

Are you a human? *: I scanned my memory of the entire dialogue between Paul and the Reverend Mother searching for something suitable. I knew – finally – that regardless of what I came up with, the machine would only accept one answer.

‘yes’.

Welcome to the fora, human.

An oldie but goodie: Never trap a condition that you can’t deal with.

C:\>

Feb 9, 2008 8:23pm
Tgeahre 8 posts

I know that it is true in California. it was deemed unconstitutional because no person is allowed to inhibit any person from contacting local emergency services. or something like that.
Though I do want to build one myself anyways, it sounds like an awesome module and the device itself was always a personal favorite.

Feb 9, 2008 8:12pm
Tgeahre 8 posts

What do you think of the kit idea though?

because you have to admit that somethings are just too petty for Bug labs to have to make. spending money on machines to mass produce gamepad style buttons for linux and java programmers is somewhat cost in-efficient and tedious.

from the sound of it, the lighting module that was suggested is mostly a matrix of LEDs. with the LCD screen and the double wide coming, how many people are going to buy that even if there is eventually a great demand for this product. if the regular consumers become interested in BUG, do you think that there will be a big enough percentage of people wanting the lighting module to make it’s production cost efficient?

on the other hand having kits for teaching how to make the connections or how to make the connections work better with the base is still giving these hardware and software programmers what they want and teaching them to make better ones themselves. I could easily see the more-technically-minded-average-consumer buying that product just to learn more. someone really should produce good instructions on how to make the modules comply to the BUG Base’s ability to instantly shift power needs and who better then the people at Bug Labs themselves.

(PS: don’t get my wrong, I think a laser module, lighting module, gamepad module, and some of the others I have mentioned in this and the last post are great ideas and I know that I will make a gamepad module and a motor module myself. I am just using them as examples, please don’t hate me)

Feb 9, 2008 8:12pm
myaliasisrithm 15 posts

That would suck if true here in CA! I just want a proof-of-concept, though – I am sure that if I can get it working, I should be able to find a market, overseas if necessary.

Feb 9, 2008 3:50pm
Subway 6 posts

Tgeahre
I don't think things that are simple really shouldn't be made into modules.

I have to disagree. If a module isn't easely available, if that's through buglabs or another company, than any application written for it can only be used by a small fraction of users (if this ever gets past the critical mass needed to be of interest for regular consumers).