BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Feb 29, 2008 1:56pm
aroman 21 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / Which do you prefer: Mailing List or Newsgroup?

Hi Everyone,

We would like to implement yet another form of communications for the BUG community. Currently we are discussing a BUG mailing list vs a newsgroup; which do you prefer?

Regards,
Angel

Feb 29, 2008 10:42am
hzaida 38 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Luxembourg (Europe)

Prox,

Welcome!

Niccceee, glad to hear you are having fun playing with the SDK. Any apps to share? :D

Will keep you posted re: international shipping.

Cheers,
Heather

Feb 29, 2008 9:02am
Prox 1 post

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Luxembourg (Europe)

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Luxembourg! I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on the BugLabs products!
I’m having fun playing with the SDK and I hope that this innovative hardware will be available to us Europeans soon :)

Feb 28, 2008 4:26pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / Just at school

Take as many APs as you can they are worth a lot and not that hard. I took several where I didn’t take the class I just bought a Princeton Review book and studied my ass off. I spent my spring break senior year studying for one all day, but I passed it and got 6 credits, thats is about $6,000 of tuition plus hundreds and hundreds of hours at school I knocked off for a $40 book and a $70 test along with 40 hours of work.

My experiance from easiest to hardest for the AP exams:
US Government
Comparitive Government
Comp Sci
Econ
Physics B
US History
English
Chem
Calc AB
Physics C Mechanics
Physics C E&M
Calc BC

Those are the ones I took except for Econ I didn’t take but know it was easy, I didn’t do languages. I did a bunch junior year (History, Physics B, Econ, Comp Sci) and the rest senior year. I came into school with about 60ish credits. That paid off in a few ones. Obviously it knocked off a lot of classes, but some you have to take again anyway (Calc) so now I just had a great background and got an A which was great. Physics C E&M isn’t required but now I have to take an electronics course and it is great background also. Plus at our school housing goes by credits, Seniors get first choice, freshman last. I came in as a sophomore so I got first choice for housing, same thing I get first choice on class schedule so last semester I had 2 days a week off and went snowboarding while all my friends had labs on those days. This semester I made all my classes start late so I can sleep in while other people have to go to 8am labs. Ap exams are a bargain in both money and time compared to school. If you don’t want to take them all, pick a major, look at what the school you are going t o takes for ap credit for that major, and crank them out in high school it will pay off huge in college. I am here for 4 years on a scholarship but some of my friends are graduating in 3 years and saving $30,000 because of $500 in AP exams.

Feb 28, 2008 1:10pm
acebanana 14 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / Just at school

Ah I think I know what you mean by split up colleges. Our is has something similar to it, but ours is split up into academies. Like we have a medical academy (and you select I guess to you it would be a major, but it’s like your academy class, mine is Computer engineering), computer academy, automotive, and architecture-contruction-engineering (ACE academy) academies. And you select your academy class in your specified academy, and that one you have to pass just like your core classes. That and you can take other classes in your academy sorta like electives. But the only bad part about it is that I can’t take automotive :cry:

I really am thinking about taking AP chem next year, and AP english lit just so i can get english out of the way as soon as possible. But I have had the same history teacher for the past 2 years and he is pretty cool, the teacher does make a big difference.

Feb 28, 2008 11:26am
hzaida 38 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Singapore!

somchaya,

Welcome to the BUG Community!

Cheers,
Heather

Feb 27, 2008 10:04am
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: Suggestion Box / graphics card

You’re in luck – we’re using the ARM11 based MX31 from Freescale. The MX31 already has support for this, it’s got the GPU built in.

Melinda

Feb 27, 2008 1:57am
somchaya 3 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello from Singapore!

Hi everyone!

I just found out about Bug Labs today and I’m excited at the many possibilities. My interest is in robotics, so I’ll be happy to learn more about the BUG capabilities in this aspect.

I’m from Singapore, but I’ll be back in the USA to pursue my PhD this coming August. I hope that qualifies me as an educational user :D

Feb 27, 2008 1:52am
somchaya 3 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Frame rate for BUGcam2MP

Hi, I’m a new user that stumbled on the Bug Labs website and I’m simply amazed at the potential for robotic applications.

I’m especially interested in the BUGcam2MP module. In the store, the specifications state that it is capable of video operation. What is the resolution and maximum frame rate of the camera?

Relating to the above question, how much video processing can I expect to perform on the BUGbase while still maintaining full frame rate of the camera (considering the CPU is around 500mhz)?

Thanks!

Feb 26, 2008 5:41pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / GPS Module Sample Rate???

Hi Kvjain,

The built in error is +/- 3 meters like you stated. The GPS device complies to NMEA output. You can write software that understands NMEA, but we do not have control over the hardware itself. The chip we are using is the Jupiter 32 Miniature 20 channel GPS receiver, if you want more information about it you can find it here in pdf format:

www.navmanwireless.com/uploads/RC/zi/RCzitvgQL-...

Thanks!
Melinda