BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Mar 12, 2008 7:25pm
bmartinek 22 posts

Topic: BUGbase / USB Access

I am praying for the VonHippel module as I will just be doing initially a couple potentiometers and On/Off binaries.

I posted this on the VonHippel module thread:
http://bugcommunity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=209

Thanks for the reply!

Mar 12, 2008 7:17pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Hi bmartinek,

More storage is possible, but you will need to have a self-powered usb device for this. For the DAQ card you should buy one with USB linux drivers, it shouldn’t be too difficult to port the driver to the ARM processor.

In order to access the DAQ from Java, some JNI will be required. I’m not sure if the vonHippel module would help you accomplish what you are trying to do, but I’m working on getting the specs for that and will let you know once that information is available.

Thanks!
Melinda

Mar 12, 2008 7:10pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Which JDK's classes are available

Hi Alain,

To find a list of the available classes, the easy way to do it is to create a java project in the SDK. Open the project node, and there will be 2 jars under PhoneME personal. This list includes all of the available classes.

Let us know if you have any problems!

Thanks,
Melinda

Mar 11, 2008 4:51pm
jtoeman 57 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The store is live!

Still on track for shipping in March!

Mar 11, 2008 2:08pm
bmartinek 22 posts

Topic: Official Updates / The store is live!

Any Update on the shipping date? I am really hoping to get my BugBundle before April.

Mar 10, 2008 7:51am
alain.muse 9 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Which JDK's classes are available

Hi everybody,

I read in a previous thread that BugLabs uses JamVM (which release ?).
After reading the welcome page of the website of JamVM, it appears that it relies on GNU Classpath 0.96 (for JamVM 1.5).

After donwloading and unpacking GNU Classpath, it appears that Swing and some useful classes like BufferedImage are available.

Does it mean that we can use Swing inside the frame provided by the LCD module ?
If not, where can we find an exhaustive list of the available classes delivered with BugLabs device ?
BTW, I tried to guess it by unpacking the jar files stored in com.buglabs.dragonfly.bug.kernel_1.0.0.277\phoneME-fp of the plugin without success.

Many thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Alain
Mar 10, 2008 1:40am
bmartinek 22 posts

I have several devices I would like to connect via USB like more storage and maybe a DAQ card, but am unsure how to proceed?

Would it just be a matter of loading up the correct driver to embedded Linux, and then how would I interface with it via Java?

As well will the mini USB port have standard voltage (5.5)?

Any thoughts on solving this would be great!

-Ben

Mar 9, 2008 3:08pm
Matthias