BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

Mar 28, 2008 10:29am
Medium agordon 74 posts

Topic: BUGbase / application persistence

This is a known issue that we’re tracking. I’ll look into a workaround for you, and post it back here.

Mar 28, 2008 9:17am
Medium agordon 74 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Base unit onboard memory size?

The BUG currently ships with a 512MB MMCmicro card for use as its filesystem/storage. You can upgrade this by purchasing a higher capacity card and duplicating the filesystem from the provided card onto the new one.

Mar 27, 2008 10:24pm
yctai 1 post

Topic: BUGbase / Base unit onboard memory size?

Could you tell me how many (bytes) flash / sdram onboard? thanks a lot :)

Mar 27, 2008 4:04pm
tevslin 16 posts

Topic: BUGbase / application persistence

when the BUG is turned off, installed apps seem to disappear. Is this by design?

Is there a way to make them persistent at this point.

Mar 27, 2008 4:02pm
tevslin 16 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Charge indicator light

Not a problem. Once I used enough power to really need some more, recharge lite came on fine.

Mar 27, 2008 3:49pm
tevslin 16 posts

Topic: Applications / GPSUtilities & LocationList services

Loading the GPSUtilities did make the gspsalarmclock work in the virtual bug. However, it does not seem to work in the real bug (no app appears on the LCD even when I load both the app and the utilites onto the bug. should I be combinging them in some different way? Has it been tested on a real BUG. Kevin, I know you’re in exams so can wait on this unless someone lese knows the answer.

Mar 27, 2008 2:37pm
bmartinek 22 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Frame rate for BUGcam2MP

Hmmm,

Not quite the information I was looking for but thanks! But I might have found it on the product specs. I am curious as to what the file format I would recive after encoding a video from the BugCam module. Is it Mpeg4? This appears to be the spec per the BugBase.

One last thing, I called OmniVision today and they seem to indicate that FPS rate is alot higher such as on the product spec sheet. According to the product spec sheet it should be able to 800 x 600 (SVGA) @ 30FPS.

This is not to poke at the Bug, really I can't wait to get mine, I'm just curious as to the limiting factors (CPU, Bandwidth, ...)?

Thanks,
Ben
Mar 27, 2008 1:36pm
Medium finsprings 268 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / OS-level development for the Bug

Way cool Ken, thanks!

Mar 27, 2008 12:48pm
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / OS-level development for the Bug

Dave,

Yes, there will be a JNI and OSGi service interface to this module.

Mar 27, 2008 12:13pm
Medium mcaric 64 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Frame rate for BUGcam2MP

Hi bmartinek,

The driver supports UYVY, and the camera supports Raw RGB, RBG (RBG565/555), GRB422, YUV (422/420) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats. You can find more information here in pdf format:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&c…