Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: Applications / GPSUtilities & LocationList services

John,

Thanks you are right that was the issue, I made the change and re-uploaded it

Kevin

Apr 17, 2008 7:12pm
drywall406 2 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Removing applications from the BUGbase

I’ve been trying a few of the provided applications for the BUGbase and I am trying to remove them from the device by right-clicking on the device’s Applications folder in the Dragonfly SDK and selecting "Remove All Applications." However, when I turn off the base and then turn it back on, all of the applications are still there. I’m just wondering if what I described is the right way to completely remove them or if there is another way. Thanks.

Apr 17, 2008 5:57pm
bmartinek 22 posts

Topic: Official Updates / Postponement?

Wow!,

no Email, no Bug Fun :-(

Apr 17, 2008 5:53pm
DeusExMach 3 posts

Topic: Official Updates / Postponement?

That dirty rotten scoundrel Finsprings not only got his bug bundle, but he went and posted pictures on engadget, just to rub it in all our faces :p . Ok, Fins… it’s on, now!

congrats, btw.

Apr 17, 2008 3:55pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Unboxing

Nice photos Dave!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/17/bug-labs-hir…

Apr 17, 2008 2:39pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Can't get Bug to be recognized over USB

Finsprings,

Glad you got one, I have been looking forward to that I know you are going to make some sweet apps!

The MMC card has the whole filesystem on it so you can swap them. For me I was thinking having one card with all my day to day stuff on it, and one card for experimenting with stuff so I could swap back and forth. I think thats a big feature that hasn’t really been mentioned anywhere.

Kevin

Apr 17, 2008 1:36pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Vista64?

Thanks. I’ll play around and see what I can do.
I guess I can always fire up the mac and do the work there…

Apr 17, 2008 12:53pm
Medium agordon 74 posts

Hi, ctuller.

Microsoft actually provides the driver, but I'm not sure if it works on Vista64 or not. You can get more details about it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/NDIS/rndis.mspx

Unfortunately, Vista64 is incredibly non-flexible when it comes to drivers, based on its driver signing requirements, etc.

The linux.inf file that we use is pretty widely available across various locations on the internet, as well as instructions for modifying it for working with XP64. I'm not sure if the XP64 instructions will work on Vista64, but you can try it out.

Here are instructions I've seen at several sites across the web for modifying the linux.inf file for use on XP64:

Original:

[Manufacturer] %Linux% = LinuxDevices,NT.5.1

[LinuxDevices]

; NetChip IDs, used by both firmware modes %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2

[LinuxDevices.NT.5.1] %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS.NT.5.1, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2

Change to:

[Manufacturer] %Linux% = LinuxDevices,NTamd64

[LinuxDevices]

; NetChip IDs, used by both firmware modes %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2

[LinuxDevices.NTamd64] %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS.NT.5.1, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2
Apr 17, 2008 11:30am
Medium ctuller 14 posts

It didn’t occur to me that this might be a problem, but I noticed that there is no specific 64bit driver for the Linux ethernet/rndis gadget.

Does one exist?

thanks,
Chris