BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,449 posts found

Jan 5, 2009 5:31pm
davidvondle 4 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Open Source?

What program do you open the CAD files in? They are type .cad, which a google search shows as an Autodesk or Autocad file, yet the files will not open with these packages.

Thanks,
Dave

Jan 5, 2009 9:49am
Medium jennyw 20 posts

Topic: Official Updates / International Shipment

Hey enicky, we would absolutely love to for you and for so many people in our community! But it’s actually a legal matter; we legally can’t ship internationally until we have certain certifications under our belt. Believe me, we’re working on this and really hope to have it resolved soon.

Please hang in there a little longer! :)

Jenny

Jan 4, 2009 9:16pm
Medium roland 11 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / More GPS Woes

I have the same problem. No GPS fix is ever obtained (By the way, the only code that I could get working with my R1.3 bug is GPSRawFeedExample which shows identical output to cat /dev/ttymxc/2, GPSLogger 1.1, GPSLogger2 and GPSLoggerSimpleGui all die with a Java Exception)

External antenna plugged and on window sill where my other phones with GPS and GPS device (Nokia LD-4W GPS device and Nokia N95 and Nokia E71 phones) have no problem getting a fix.

My guess is that this is a low level software problem that will be fixed in R1.4 which fingers crossed will be out soon.

...Roland

Jan 4, 2009 8:28am
User_img_not_found_05_med enicky 24 posts

Topic: Official Updates / International Shipment

and eeeehm … there is no way you make an exception for someone … :D

who has already been waiting for so long … :lol:

Jan 2, 2009 2:06pm
supercatman 2 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Von Hippel Mod for free for early adopters?

Happy New Year Jenny,

I can wait until the camera module is ready so you can ship the VHP along with it. Just checking.

Thanks,
Steve

Jan 2, 2009 11:26am
Medium jennyw 20 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUG base LCD Screen Function?

This question is addressed here:

http://bugcommunity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=392

Jan 2, 2009 11:18am
Medium jennyw 20 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Von Hippel Mod for free for early adopters?

Hi supercatman,

You most definitely will be getting a free von Hippel module if you were an early adopter – the reason we haven’t sent these out yet is that we’re waiting to see when our camera module will be ready to go out, and we wanted to try to ship those together. If it turns out that the camera is still going to be a little while, we’re planning to go ahead and start shipping out the VH modules to everyone.

If you (or anyone else reading this!) would rather have your von Hippel module now and not wait for the camera, please send an email to support@buglabs.net and we’ll get that out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Jenny

Jan 2, 2009 10:54am
Medium agordon 74 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Where is the console output?

I see that jconnolly changed the status of BUGbase_helloworld (http://buglabs.net/applications/BUGbase_helloworld) to Beta since it doesn't seem to work. I'll try to follow up with him today to see if we can figure out what's going on regarding that, and get back to you here.
Dec 31, 2008 6:55pm
davidvondle 4 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUG base LCD Screen Function?

How can I send text to the screen on the BUG base (I mean a real BUG base not a virtual one)?

I have tried numerous applications with no success. I thought that this example file would work:
BUG_Hello_World + OSGi_fundamentals

but every time I try to send it to the base either nothing happens or I get 2 errors. The first says:
Unable to upload jar file to BUG: 10.10.10.10
Please consult log file for additional details
the second says:
Export Jar to BUG
Reason: Connection reset

I then try sending other applications to the BUG and they work fine.

The question on how to use the LCD screen arose when I ran the LED blink demo for and it doesn’t blink an LED. I figured I could use the LCD to see whether the program was running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 31, 2008 5:46pm
davidvondle 4 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Where is the console output?

OK, I got confused because I am trying to debug programs on an actual bug base. Can I see those messages on a console on the Bug View? I am looking for the function to send text to the Bug Base LCD and can’t find it. I also tried the bug base "hello world" and all it does is seem to remove the timer from the screen.

I’m trying to figure out why the LED test program for the VonHippel board doesn’t work on an actual Bug, and I figured if I could get some output to the screen I could at least send debug events to the LCD