BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,449 posts found

May 27, 2009 9:14am
User_img_not_found_01_med riotharmus 4 posts

Topic: Applications / PaintBall Team Location Telemetry App

I think applying all that in the field would be virtually impossible!

Not to mention that one of the team would have to become a comm’s officer and man the thing.. which would no doubt be a primary target!

I think keeping the entire system as portable as possible is key, the ideal being something no larger than a military radio set. Fitting in a large pouch or at biggest a backpack/bergen.

May 27, 2009 8:48am
User_img_not_found_02_med BadSCR 5 posts

What if someone sets-up a big access point  (ie comms tower).  Power supply  would be: Battery, Generator, and/or drop cord.

http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6379

The  comms tower (for one team)  would consists of:

One:   wireless router

One:   25-Watt   2.4Ghz  802.11b  Amplifier

One:   2.4 GHz Signal Splitters / Signal Combiners

Three:   2.4 GHz 24 dBi Die-cast Grid Antenna

Maybe One:  Computer/server

May 26, 2009 7:35pm
User_img_not_found_02_med BadSCR 5 posts

I vote for each player processing the data.

I was thinking of someting like a mesh network topology crossed with a bus network topology.

EXAMPLE:

Player-A  transmits there own data;  With a unique token/IP  and there is two or three Terminating bits.

Then Player-B (a bad guy)  receives Player-A’s data and changes the Terminating bits;  Then  transmits Player-A’s  to Player-C.

Player-C  receives Player-A’s data From Player-B and  processes  the data and displays it;    Changes the Terminating bits and re- transmits.

Whin the Terminating bits reaches a set point it self Terminats.

I play scenario paintball games,  with about 200 people on a team.  They last for 48+ hours and are played on 40+ acers of land.  Woods, little buildings, and mobile homes.   I am that guy that disappears from the start and flanks and showup from out of no-where;  People have called me Predator.

There is money in paintball,  I have seen players with thermal imaging goggles and $5000+ of equipment.  I for one have a little hand held TV with four wireless cameras.

Right when I was thinking this thread was dead.  Thank you all for the help,  If i had enough skills i’d take this project on, as it happens i don’t and instead i’ll keep my fingers crossed that someone out there will take this on.

May 26, 2009 11:51am
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Button Events

I think akravets means to not allow concierge to run the com.buglabs.bug.menu bundle.  The best way to do this is to remove or comment out the com.buglabs.bug.menu.jar entry from the init.xargs file in /usr/share/java/.  I’ve never tried this before and many things in the BUG java framework use com.buglabs.bug.menu, so I’m not sure if doing this is an awesome idea.

May 26, 2009 3:29am
User_img_not_found_04_med syriven 7 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Button Events

What exactly do you mean, remove it “from your runtime”?

May 25, 2009 7:22pm
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: Applications / How to "fully" close an app?

Hi Syriven,

Yes, it’s the responsibility of the application to clean up window when it shuts down.  It’s common for the app writer to forget to do this, in fact when looking for the appropriate code in one of my apps I found that I also forgot to do this. The appropriate AWT API for this that I’ve used goes like this:

frame = display.getFrame(); frame.setTitle("Super Simple Camera"); frame.addWindowListener(new WindowListener() { public void windowActivated(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowClosed(WindowEvent arg0) { frame.dispose(); frame = null; } public void windowClosing(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowDeactivated(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowDeiconified(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowIconified(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowOpened(WindowEvent arg0) { } });

It’s worth saying that in R1.4.1, a new GUI for BUGapps will be available that will allow you to completely shutdown any BUGapp running via BUGview.

hope that helps

ken

May 25, 2009 7:16pm
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / problem building kernel

Hi Bk,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.  Regarding more information about Bitbake, the links contained in the External Resources section of the build guide are a good place to get started.

thx

ken

May 25, 2009 6:52pm
User_img_not_found_03_med minusw 13 posts

Resolved!  I found my problem on an open embedded forum.

I had a symlink in my working directory.

All seems well and the build is well on its way.

thanks, bk…

May 25, 2009 12:50pm
User_img_not_found_03_med minusw 13 posts

I tried r1.4 production with the same results.

configure: error: source directory already configured; run “make distclean” there first

When I try to do a bitbake -c distclean libtool-native, I get:

ERROR: Task do_distclean does not exist for target libtool-native

From my point of view, it looks like it is more of an issue with libtool-native-1.5.10-r9 package.

I have never used bitbake before.  Is there an easy way to me to point to a different libtool-native version?

bk…

May 25, 2009 7:11am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Hi Bk,

If you followed the directions on the wiki page you’re trying to build R1.5, our next major release that’s still pretty green.  I’ve updated the build wiki page with information is to finding the branch most relevent to you.  Please take a look and see if perhaps you should be using a different branch:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Kernel_a…

As for your build issue, I have not seen that one before.  But I am usually working against R1.4.1.x.

hope that helps,

ken