BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

Sep 20, 2009 7:16am
User_img_not_found_05_med rawksolid 12 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

Hello,

Just received my BUG and was installing on Mac 10.6, and the driver for USB Ethernet does not appear to work. Does anyone know if there is an update for the driver that works on 10.6?

Thanks!

Sep 16, 2009 11:57pm
User_img_not_found_06_med tapratt 7 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Hardware Issue?

Thanks for the suggestion,  but I tried it and I’m having the same issue.  I did check the volume level after I rebooted and it was turned down by the script, so I restarted concierge just to be sure it was set correctly.  What’s happening is after the bug_audio kernel module gets loaded on boot there is a very low level static noise coming from the speaker then intermittently it gets loud static noise and volume has no effect on it.  I did test the speaker with a wav file to make sure it was working correctly.  The only way to stop the noise it to stop concierge and unload the bug_audio kernel module.  Do you have any other suggestions I could try?

I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Sep 16, 2009 1:56pm
User_img_not_found_06_med Nick.Dunn 3 posts

Topic: Applications / FileNotFoundException when trying to write to disk in emulator

Nevermind, figured it out.

The tutorial should be using File.separator, not / .  I should have been smart enough to realize that in the first place.

Sep 16, 2009 1:18pm

Topic: Applications / FileNotFoundException when trying to write to disk in emulator

I'm following the tutorial from http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/The_Great_Baby_Monitor_BUGapp_Tutorial

When I get to the line,

byte[] image = camera.getImage();
writeToFile(image, "/tmp/camera.jpg");

I get the error

java.io.FileNotFoundException: \tmp\camera.jpg (The system cannot find the path specified)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
    at babymonitor.BabyTrackerCustomizer.writeToFile(BabyTrackerCustomizer.java:58)
    at babymonitor.BabyTrackerCustomizer.run(BabyTrackerCustomizer.java:42)

When working with the emulator for Android, I remember having to setup a fake SD card in order to write to disk.  Do you need to do the same thing when writing to disk using a virtual bug?

Sep 16, 2009 12:39pm

Topic: BUGbase / BUG cannot be enabled in Network Connections

I’m running Windows XP 32 Bit, and following the instructions from http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Start_Gu…

I get through all the steps, including manually setting the IP Address and Subnet Mask, but the network connection remains “Disabled”.  When I try to Enable the connection, there is a small dialog box ostensibly enabling the connection that sits there with no progress for about 5 minutes, before an error box pops up saying “Connection Failed!”  It gives no additional details of any kind.

created on: 09/16/09

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Sep 14, 2009 1:16pm
User_img_not_found_02_med vsajja 2 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Problems removing applications on BUG

Thanks! That was very helpfull

Sep 14, 2009 9:56am
Medium JOcanto 3 posts

Hi vsajja,

Concierge is a stateful system, so, it storages the current state in a
folder in the file system. Try to delete that folder and restart concierge:

$ ssh root@bug;
$ rm -fr /usr/share/java/storage;
$ /etc/init.d/concierge restart;

I hope this help… 

Sep 14, 2009 9:29am
User_img_not_found_02_med vsajja 2 posts

Hi All,

I am having some problems re-deploying applications to the BUG due to permission errors (overwrite). I need to remove all current