BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,459 posts found

Jun 30, 2009 10:14am
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Using C++ instead

Hi rufus1029,

I did a very brief tutorial on this a while back: http://community.buglabs.net/bballantine/posts/...

It’s actually more of an overview with links to find out more info.  Check it out and jump back on the forums if you have any more questions.

-Brian

Jun 29, 2009 7:31pm
User_img_not_found_06_med rufus1029 2 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Using C++ instead

Is there anyway to use C++ to make the applications etc instead of Java?

Jun 29, 2009 1:49pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / How to re-open the window of the LCD module for the Virtual Bug?

What happens if you use a known working application such as SimpleGUI?

Jun 29, 2009 10:46am
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / How to re-open the window of the LCD module for the Virtual Bug?

Are you sure it’s not in your code?  The convention for Frame objects is that they’re not visible until you:

frame.setVisible(true);

Also helps to set some dimensions (by default on bug you get 320×200):

frame.setSize(320,200);

Jun 29, 2009 5:18am
Medium alneira 1 post

Hi Brian and everyone!

I have a curious problem. I accidentally closed the java window that opens when you attach an LCD to a virtual Bug, the one that emulates the real screen in the Bug. And now I don’t know how to open it again.

I attached LCD to other slots, erase the settings, even reinstalled Eclipse (now 3.5) and the plugins, deleting all the workspace and program settings. Maybe there is a hidden configuration file somewhere else. How can I reenable that window?

By the way, I was in the office a couple of days (May 21st and 22nd). I’m Alvaro, the chilean guy, if you remember me.

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2009 6:26pm
Medium mehrshad 7 posts

Topic: Official Updates / International Shipment

cduhayon, enicky – thanks for the support! We issued an announcement a few weeks ago at JavaOne 2009 about this very topic. The next rev of the BUGbase (v1.3) will be certified for use in most EU countries (Belgium is one of them!), and we’re currently on track to ship BUG 1.3 internationally by the end of this quarter.

Once we begin shipping, we’ll announce via our blog, Twitter feed, and mailing list. And we’ve already got a few of these new BUGbases floating around our office, so they might be available in your country sooner than you think!

Cheers, -m

Jun 24, 2009 8:05pm
User_img_not_found_05_med qlue 1 post

Topic: BUGmodules / 3G/Mobile Phone Module

I’m a Moblogger. This development system has great potential for the moblogger who wants more than the average phone can provide. But without a gsm/hspa module, it is severely limited. A keypad or qwerty keyboard would also be very usefull but that can be worked around by using the breakout board. :)

Jun 24, 2009 5:19am
User_img_not_found_03_med cduhayon 1 post

Topic: Official Updates / International Shipment

hello,

I’m from Belgium also, and I would be interested in buying the BUG… anything coming soon ?

Jun 22, 2009 10:30pm
User_img_not_found_01_med khan.henna 2 posts

Topic: Applications / Unable to send applications to My Bug.. Help!!

Ok. I will try updating the kernel. Thanks.

Jun 22, 2009 6:49pm
User_img_not_found_03_med minusw 13 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / USB on the Von Hippel module

I am running the R1.5 trunk and can not get a usb serial device to work that is plugged into the VH module.

I just get a bunch of: “device descriptor read/64, error” messages.