Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Sep 21, 2009 4:39pm
User_img_not_found_01_med buguser 17 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Bugwifi and wifi connectivity

Thanks jconnolly,

that app can really help.

otherwise, i can connect to the wifi ap (manually) , then open ssh from my PC over wifi and remove the files as suggested.

this can really help  to operate the bug w/o needing to connect the bug-view every time.

cheers

Sep 21, 2009 4:20pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

I’ll write a bug app that will give a menu item for this operation so it’s less painful in the future.

Sep 21, 2009 4:18pm

Unfortunately there’s no pretty way to remove the preconfigured “no remember” option.  I’ve just spoken to the devs on the connman project.  The way to do it is log into your BUG and:

/etc/init.d/connman stop

rm /var/lib/connman/dev_*

/etc/init.d/connman start

But it looks like you’re having connectivity issues to begin with, so command line access may not be an option.  If this is indeed the case, you may want to use an SD card reader and manually remove the files.  That should do it.

Sep 21, 2009 4:11pm

Hi jconnolly,

Thanks for your response.

I guess i missed that option on first reboot.

However on subsequent reboots i do not get that option.

Sep 21, 2009 3:57pm

Hi buguser,

The wifi connectivity should be stored across reboots if you’ve selected the “Remember network” option when originally connecting:

created on: 09/21/09

Sep 21, 2009 3:11pm
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

Just a clarification on the USB -> Ethernet adapter.  The adapter is made by Trendnet and it uses the pegasus driver:

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-USB-10-100Mbps-A…

If you find a different adapter that also uses the pegasus driver, then that should work as well.

-Brian

Sep 21, 2009 3:09pm

Topic: BUGbase / bugview calibration

buguser,

The LCD is a resistive screen which is designed to work with a rigid stylus (as opposed to a capacitive touch screen which is designed to work with fingers).  I suggest using some sort of plastic stylus.  I’ve found a cheap Bic mechanical pencil with the lead removed works great (it has a little plastic nub that sticks out that I use as the stylus tip).  Anything metal or too sharp will damage the screen.

Regards,
Brian

Sep 21, 2009 2:56pm

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

rawksolid,

We don’t have a 10.6 driver yet and haven’t tested our 10.5 driver on 10.6, but my collegues say it probably won’t work (which you seem to have already discovered).  However, if you JUST got your BUG, you probably have a wifi base and so you don’t need USB Networking.  Let me know if you’re not sure if you have a wifi base, and I can help you figure it out.  Basically, though, if you plug in an LCD module, you should be able to select an open hotspot using the connection manager application (conman).

If you need a wired connection, I can suggest a couple of work-arounds: 

You can get an USB-Ethernet adapter and plug it in through the Von Hippel module.  An adapter that uses the Trendnet or pegasus driver will work out of the box through the von hippel.

If you’re doing some serious BUG development, then we recommend using Linux.  USB Networking, among other things, works better under Linux.  Many of our Mac users have had a lot of success running Linux on a virtualbox virtual machine.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Brian

Sep 21, 2009 1:54pm

Is there a way to automatically turn on wifi connectivity on bootup (to a preferred SSID).

Right now, everytime i reset, i have to manually turn on wifi connectivity with the stylus

and select a particular SSID.

Sep 21, 2009 1:07pm

Topic: BUGbase / bugview calibration

i got a new bug-kit and i was prompted to calibrate bug-view on startup.

I tried it with my fingers (touch) and the calibration seemed way of, i was not able to operate

the bug with the touch screen. (keypresses were way off)

Next i tried with a crayon as a stylus. that worked fine.

Is the bug-view supposed to work with touch ? or do i need some more software (better drivers etc ?)