BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Jul 14, 2009 12:56pm
User_img_not_found_04_med thopre 1 post

Topic: Meet & Greet / Jemand aus Berlin hier?

Hi.

Gibt es Leute aus Berlin, die hierfür Software entwickeln? Ich wäre auch sehr daran interessiert und würde mich gerne mit Gleichgesinnten für Erfahrungsaustausch treffen. thopre@gmail.com

-Thomas

Jul 7, 2009 4:30pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Java Speech API intallation in Dragonfly

Hi Ansab,

As promised, I looked into it… it looks preliminarily like you should be able to use the freetts libraries in your BUG project without too much difficulty.  I downloaded the binary, found the required jars, copied them into my project, and added them to my manifest, then simply began using the APIs to test the HelloWorld tts program.

mkdir eclipse-workspace/ttsproject/jars

cp /tmp/freetts-1.2.2-bin/lib/*.jar eclipse-workspace/ttsproject/jars/

then in Dragonfly, I open up the manifest, double clking on MANIFEST.MF, then in the resulting window, click the MANIFEST.MF tab at the bottom so I can manually edit it.  I add the required jars to my classpath by adding the Bundle-Classpath directive, listing the jars and paths for my Bundle.  Something like:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-Name: asdasdf
Bundle-Activator: asdasdf.Activator
Bundle-SymbolicName: asdasdf
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-Vendor: sdfasdfasdf
Bug-Bundle-Type: Application
Bundle-Classpath: .,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/cmu_time_awb.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/cmu_us_kal.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/cmudict04.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/cmulex.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/c,utimelex.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/en_us.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/freetts.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/freetts-jsapi10.jar,jars/freetts-1.2/lib/mbrola.jar
Import-Package: com.buglabs.bug.base.pub,
 org.osgi.framework,
 org.osgi.util.tracker,
 com.buglabs.application,
 com.buglabs.util

Jul 6, 2009 8:17pm
User_img_not_found_03_med ansab 1 post

Topic: BUG SDK / Java Speech API intallation in Dragonfly

Hi,

I have been using java speech API for a while in net beans and it works great. I tried to use the java speech API in dragonfly but it somehow has not worked for me. can any one please help me with the installation of Java speech API in dragonfly.

btw i am using java 1.6

Jul 6, 2009 11:17am

Topic: Applications / Module Software Documentation

Hey cheesebatt,

With regard to playback you have a number of options with our APi (assuming you’re using R1.4 or later).  One example of an app that uses the audio module for playback is Phunky, though it’s a bit complicated since it uses RAW audio format and has to fudge the WAV headers to conform with an early revision of the API.

http://buglabs.net/applications/Phunky

There are a few different options for playback, there is the IModuleAudioPlayer service, which will allow you to (asynchronously) play back wav files (encoded at 44.1k, 16-bit stereo, big endian).  There is a class called SynchronousAudioPlayer which is similar, except that it will play multiple streams concurrently, and for the most flexibility, there is a service reference to SoundBackend which would allow you to implement your own audio player, opening and configuring the alsa device to the frequency, bit, channel # of your choice.  In fact, using SoundBackend you can write an ogg playback engine.  Unfortunately at the moment I don’t have an app up that exercises these features, but I’ll try to get one up soon.

With regard to capture, our API doesn’t support it now.  One suggestion is to use the alsa-utils included with your BUG rootfs (aplay, arecord) to capture to a file.  You can write a java app that does this, with something like:

Runtime.getRuntime().exec(new String[]{“arecord”, “hw:1,1”, ”/tmp/myfile.wav”};

I hope this helps, and I’ll work on getting better docs and howtos up in the meantime.

Jul 3, 2009 4:51pm
User_img_not_found_02_med cheesebatt 1 post

Topic: Applications / Module Software Documentation

Hi,

I’ve been using the bug for awhile and I recently bought the BUGsound module and downloaded phunky, which was cool by the way.  I see that you guys have lots of information on the hardware side of the modules I would like to see more on the software side.  I would like to see more documentation on how to use the hardware in applications, I know you guys have the javadocs but I have not seen any code that might be used to take a sample from the mic on the module.

I’ve been trying to make a music player app and a voice recorder (for notes) app but I’ve hit a wall as far as how to use the module.

Any extra info would be appreciated

Jun 30, 2009 11:13am
User_img_not_found_06_med rufus1029 2 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Using C++ instead

Thanks that was very helpful.

Jun 30, 2009 10:14am
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Hi rufus1029,

I did a very brief tutorial on this a while back: http://community.buglabs.net/bballantine/posts/...

It’s actually more of an overview with links to find out more info.  Check it out and jump back on the forums if you have any more questions.

-Brian

Jun 29, 2009 7:31pm
User_img_not_found_06_med rufus1029 2 posts

Is there anyway to use C++ to make the applications etc instead of Java?

Jun 29, 2009 1:49pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / How to re-open the window of the LCD module for the Virtual Bug?

What happens if you use a known working application such as SimpleGUI?

Jun 29, 2009 10:46am

Topic: BUG SDK / How to re-open the window of the LCD module for the Virtual Bug?

Are you sure it’s not in your code?  The convention for Frame objects is that they’re not visible until you:

frame.setVisible(true);

Also helps to set some dimensions (by default on bug you get 320×200):

frame.setSize(320,200);