BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Sep 30, 2009 1:23pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: Applications / buggraph

please continue this thread here: http://community.buglabs.net/forums/7-BUGbase/t…

Sep 30, 2009 10:14am
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Looks like you’re missing the bundle that provides com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub.  You probably need the two SWT libraries that kschultz wrote.  You should put them on your BUG before trying to start BUGGraph.

Sep 29, 2009 11:37pm
Medium kschultz 107 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Bugwifi and windows-xp

Lets say you have a class MyApp that you are currently passing an SWT Display object to in the constructor.

In your service tracker, right now you should have some code where you get the SWT Display from the SWTDisplayProvider service. I don’t have the dragonfly/code in front of me so from the top of my head its something like

SWTDisplayProvider displayService = (SWTDisplayProvider) getService(SWTDisplayProvider.class);

MyApp app = new MyApp(displaySerivce.getDisplay());

That is the code you should use on the BUG. There can only be 1 SWT display object shared across all apps, that is why it is an OSGi service.

When testing on your machine, you can easily just do.

Display display = new Display();

//SWTDisplayProvider displayService = (SWTDisplayProvider) getService(SWTDisplayProvider.class);

MyApp app = new MyApp(display);

Then test everything using the SWT library that ships stock with eclipse (that is not OSGi-ified with the proper manifest file for BUG use, but works just fine for testing). Right before you send it to the Bug, uncomment that line and delete the testing line and it should be good to go.

Sep 29, 2009 1:35am
User_img_not_found_01_med buguser 17 posts

get the following error

Sun Feb 01 08:52:39 GMT 1970 AppManager started /usr/share/java/apps/AppUI.jar
Sun Feb 01 08:52:40 GMT 1970 An error occured while trying to start bundle: /usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar: Unsatisfied import com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub for bundle Bundle [40]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar
Sun Feb 01 08:52:40 GMT 1970 Nested Exception: Unsatisfied import com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unsatisfied import com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub
    at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleClassLoader.resolveBundle(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
    at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleImpl.startBundle(Unknown Source)
    at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleImpl.start(Unknown Source)
    at com.buglabs.bug.program.UserAppManager.startApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.buglabs.bug.program.UserAppManager.processQueue(Unknown Source)
    at com.buglabs.bug.program.UserAppManager.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

Sun Feb 01 08:52:40 GMT 1970 Failed to start new application bundle: /usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar
    Exception: Unsatisfied import com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub for bundle Bundle [40]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unsatisfied import com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub for bundle Bundle [40]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar
    at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleClassLoader.resolveBundle(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
    at com.buglabs.bug.program.UserAppManager.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)
————————————————————————————
  Framework started in 18.652 seconds.
————————————————————————————

Sun Feb 01 08:53:40 GMT 1970 AppUI failed to start bundle file:/usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar
    Exception: Unsatisfied import com.buglabs.bug.module.lcd.swt.pub for bundle Bundle [40]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/BUGGraph.jar

Sep 29, 2009 1:13am

Has anybody got the buggraph to work on the bug? the instructions on the website dont seklem adequate. any help will be appreciated( for java beginner)/

Sep 27, 2009 10:13pm

kschultz,

===============================

Buguser,

Have you checked out this post? http://community.buglabs.net/kschultz/posts/137…

BUG uses AWT by default because it is a better cross platform choice than SWT. AWT does basically everything in Java with a platform specific peer, SWT
does almost everything natively with just a Java wrapper. That makes it
faster and more full featured, but a pain to work on multiple systems.

What you need are a set of class binaries for SWT for your host machine, and a set of class binaries on the BUG. The ones in libSWT are for the BUG.
Do not clean it after downloading, that will wipe the class files and
rebuild them incorrectly (or not at all). So just download it straight
and put it onto the BUG.

For developing on the host machine you will have to link up the SWT binaries that come with eclipse to your app. The simple way is to add them to your classpath and write as a standard SWT app, and then right before you put it on the BUG switch to using the SWTDisplayProvider osgi service. The more robust way is to unjar your host SWT binary, fix the manifest, and rejar it and use SWTDisplayProvider the whole time.  The first way may be more straightforward.

If
you are having trouble with it I’ll be happy to walk you through it in
more detail. I haven’t actually tried it on Windows but I can if need
be.

=======================================================

can u pls explain what do you mean by switch to using SWTDisplayProvider osgi service ?

i am following the steps

1. From eclipse use send-to-bug option to send libSWT to bug

2. From eclipse use send-to-bug option to send SWTDisplayProvider to bug

(i get errors for missing classes which are part of libSWT)

i also tried doing scp of libSWT.jar and SWTDisplayProvider.jar to bug and than using istart for SWTDIsplayProvider in init.xargs file, still get the same error

thanks for your attention to the matter.

Sep 27, 2009 4:20pm
Medium Dylan 1 post

Topic: Way Off Topic / Java for Mac

Well, i just switched from a PC to a Mac, and registered on the Apple Developer Connection. I need JDK to download netbeams, and i simply cannot find a JDK download on the developer connection website that is compatible with Mac OS X Version 10.5.8. If anyone has the download link or some help…please post.
Sep 25, 2009 5:46pm
User_img_not_found_03_med fiil123 14 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Phidgets in the USB on the vonHippel

Hey Brian

Using the Arduino board sounds really interesting and actually we have a free time distributor of the Arduino board here at the office. I will try it out and make a post with some resluts, maybe:)

Cheers

K. Fiil

Sep 25, 2009 3:04am

with some luck i was able to get back my connection to the bug from eclipse over wifi

and i was trying the BUGGraph as per the instructions above, however i see the foll error after libswt is sent to bug

Wed Jan 28 10:07:48 UTC 1970 Failed to start new application bundle: /usr/share/java/apps/SWTDisplayProvider.jar
        Exception: Error starting bundle Bundle [43]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/SWTDisplayProvider.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error starting bundle Bundle [43]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/SWTDisplayProvider.jar

Sep 25, 2009 1:01am

thanks kschultz and jconnolly,

i was able to start restart the LCDBright apps after removing the storage directory,

after trying to install some more apps, i got into an issue where i cannot connect to my bug,,

i get the following error on eclipse

Unable to connect to bugagain
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.1.66:-1/program

and on bug i get the following in /var/log/messages

Jan 28 08:14:57 bug authpriv.info dropbear4426: Child connection from ::ffff:192.168.1.67:51257