BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Dec 15, 2009 5:51pm
User_img_not_found_04_med escapethis 2 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Do you need to be a devloper to enjoy?

I really love the idea of the Bug, but I cant write a line of code to save my life. I am a interactive creative director at an advertising agency in New York.. I live for developing concepts around data, envoroments in the online and offline world and in social media spaces. I can see so many applications on using something like this, but wanted to know if it would even be worth it for me if Im not a developer.. Are there ways to enjoy the Bug without writing code?Thanks very much for any advice..

Dec 14, 2009 11:06am
Medium shrapnull 2 posts

Topic: BUGnet / Can no longer login to Bugnet from Dragonfly

That works for me.  I’m back in.  Thanks!

Dec 14, 2009 10:44am
Medium bballantine 56 posts

Hi shrapnull,

Looks like there’s a problem with our ssl certificate on our side.  I’ll see about getting it fixed.  In the meantime, you can log in w/o ssl by going to Preferences -> BUGnet in eclipse and remove the s from https in the server name field so it reads: http://api.buglabs.net

Thanks,

Brian

Dec 14, 2009 10:41am
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

I’m struggling with Mac 10.6 and my BugBase Wifi.

Any tips besides trying with a wifi connection? The touchscreen is so bad on the BugBase that it’s impossible to enter my WPA-PSK password. Is there a way to reset the screen so it behaves better?

Or I could just connect with USB? That would be great too.

You can reset the touchscreen by using the menu item on the base.  Hit the joystick button to the right and select navigate to “Settings=>Recalibrate LCD”.  It looks also like we have some conflicting reports of USBnet working and not working on 10.6.  You can give it a try but we really recommend using wifi whenever possible.

Dec 13, 2009 6:33pm
User_img_not_found_02_med caniszczyk 8 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

I’m struggling with Mac 10.6 and my BugBase Wifi.

Any tips besides trying with a wifi connection? The touchscreen is so bad on the BugBase that it’s impossible to enter my WPA-PSK password. Is there a way to reset the screen so it behaves better?

Or I could just connect with USB? That would be great too.

Dec 13, 2009 4:49pm
Medium shrapnull 2 posts

Please bump me if this is the wrong place for this comment.  It seems I can no longer login to BUGnet from the right sidebar in Dragonfly Perspective within Eclipse.  It gives me an invalid username/password error, but it’s the same one I used to login to the forums just now, and the logins from browser windows within Eclipse all work fine.

I do get an error about an expired SSL cert (Dec. 11th, 09) when attempting to login from a browser, though.  Perhaps this is the root of the problem?

Dec 11, 2009 2:09pm

Topic: BUGbase / Basic set-up

Glad you got it working Edrae, also don’t forget that we have our irc channel on freenode.  If you need real-time help, pop in there and someone is usually around to guide you.

Dec 11, 2009 1:56pm

Topic: BUGbase / Custom Battery / Battery Modules.

Hey Drosen,

I encourage you to try making your own external power supply, but there are some software solutions to extending the battery life of your BUG as well.  For example, if you have an application in mind that does not require bluetooth, ethernet, wifi or usb, you can optimize your BUG to turn these components off.   Check out this wiki with links to more complete documentation:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Power_Co…

Dec 11, 2009 12:05pm
Medium mcholerton 54 posts

Topic: Official Updates / November is Upgrade to BUGbase WiFi month

Hey sojc_98

No prob – I think we can still work something out.  Will you shoot me an email and then I’ll pass along the details.

matt [at] buglabs.net

Dec 10, 2009 6:06pm
User_img_not_found_06_med Drosen 3 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Custom Battery / Battery Modules.

Hi there. I’be been playing around with the bugs lately, and have been trying to figure out some ways to increase their battery life. I have seen mention of battery modules for the bug, but I don’t see these in the store or anywhere else than in a few forum posts.  so, I’ve been thinking of other ways to get extra power, like hooking up external battery backs via the power jack.

I have an external Li-Ion battery back that is generally designed to power usb-compatible devices (i.e. 5v draw). Has a capacity of 3400mAH, and output of 5.5v volts. From my understanding of the specs, this should be sufficient to supply power to the bugs and would work identically to having them plugged into a wall-based power supply. I haven’t tested this yet, because I have to wire up a connector sized to fit the bug’s power jack. I will try it out this weekend, but I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to whether this would work fine, or if there is a smarter way of going about it.

Cheers,

Drosen