BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,459 posts found

Nov 6, 2009 1:05am
User_img_not_found_06_med Group1wvu 1 post

Topic: BUG SDK / RNDIS Ethernet Gadget Device Driver not found (using Windows 7)

I just upgraded from a 64-bit Vista operating system to the 64-bit Window 7 version.  I am now having problems finding the device driver for the RNDIS Ethernet gadget.  Previously, I could connect my BUG with no problem.  Now I am unable to find a connection.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Nov 5, 2009 3:56pm
User_img_not_found_06_med paolo 2 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Where is the camera?

Any update about the camera module?

Nov 3, 2009 4:49pm
User_img_not_found_03_med WVUEngineering 2 posts

Topic: Java / Really confused

So basically what I want to do is find a way to either stream a map, or even just get a photo of a map and place it on my bug with a cirlce marking my position on this map. Any help is much appreciated.

Rob

Nov 3, 2009 4:45pm
User_img_not_found_03_med WVUEngineering 2 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / New here to BUG

Hello all fellow BUGGERS!!! My name is Robert Fernandez, and I have recenlty gotten by hands on a bug for a senior design project. I wish to create a virtual pocket tour guide. I need to finished this soon and I have just gotten started. I am not that familiar with java, but I learn programing languages pretty quickly. I have lots of questions so prepare yourself.

Thanks,

Rob

Nov 3, 2009 2:04pm
Medium mcholerton 54 posts

Topic: Official Updates / November is Upgrade to BUGbase WiFi month

Hey hey hey,

November has been declared Upgrade to BUGbase WiFi month! 

You may have heard us announce the availability of BUGbase WiFi.  In addition to integrated WiFi and Bluetooth, BUGbase WiFi is RoHS
and CE compliant, allowing us to ship BUG to the European Union and lots more countries around the world.  Other improvements include a friction-fit docking connector and improved power management, along with a few other under-the-hood enhancements.

In all the excitement, we haven’t forgotten about all of you who already own a BUGbase.  We value you early adopters and want to make it easy for you to upgrade.  For the month of November, if you send us your original ‘Hiro P’ BUGbase back, we will send you a new BUGbase WiFi for $99!. 

Please send an email to matt[at]buglabs.net and let me know if you’d be interested in this upgrade and I’ll get back to you right away with the details.

Thanks!  We appreciate you for being a BUG customer.

Nov 2, 2009 9:48pm
Medium mcholerton 54 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / GPS I/O Exception

You can email your order number or full name on your invoice to support[at]buglabs.net and I’ll make sure we get you a new module right away.  Sorry for the trouble – I’ll be on the look out! 

Nov 2, 2009 2:27pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / GPS I/O Exception

Adam/limnephilidae,

Did you end up contacting support yet? If not I believe we just need to get you a new GPS module.

Thanks,

Brian

Oct 23, 2009 12:24pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: Applications / Including a Java Project in a BUG Project

Yeah we have some backported concurrency libraries as part of our stack (edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util), but generics sure are nice.  Not to mention all of the cool extra libraries out there that require a >jdk1.4 compatible VM.  Not to mention the lack of swing or a nice GUI framework in phoneME… I could go on.  ;D

We’re working on the option of using a JDK1.6-compatible VM but it’s not yet ready for production.  stay tuned!

Oct 23, 2009 12:15pm
Medium jpdelacroix 3 posts

Topic: Applications / Including a Java Project in a BUG Project

Yes, I think it’d be a great to have the BUG (and its OSGi framework) run with a VM that is Java 1.6 compliant. Java generics introduced in 1.5 and the Java concurrency work that went into 1.6 make Java applications so much more powerful.

Oct 22, 2009 10:41am
User_img_not_found_05_med plunkman 3 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / Using accelerometer in BUGlocate

Looks like BUGmotion is our winner.  Lowest cost.  Thanks for the answers!

-Craig