BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Nov 17, 2009 1:03pm
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / RNDIS Ethernet Gadget Device Driver not found (using Windows 7)

Hi Group1wvu,

At this time we don’t have a working dirver for Win7.  CMW provided us with the Vista64 driver. In fact, I remember installing vista64 over my win7 beta install to test it. I will open this as a known issue in bugzilla for tracking purposes. Maybe cmw will be upgrading to win7 soon, :)

Thanks,

Brian

Nov 16, 2009 3:35pm
User_img_not_found_03_med cbeauvois 1 post

Topic: BUG SDK / mDNS/Bonjour

Hi,

Is there any zeroconf networking option for the BUG out of the box? Has anyone built mDNS, or Apple’s Bonjour code?

Thanks!

Chris 

Nov 13, 2009 5:45pm
Medium agibb 8 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / Hello I'm new here and thinking of getting a Bug

Hi!

A lot of our apps are on the apps page that you found. But those are only our Java apps. There have been several other things made. Here are some robots by Kevin Schultz and another by Ilan Moyer.  Accenture has also made some apps in the wireless health care feild.  Here’s an article on hacks and apps you can make with BUG from Linux Journal.

Hope that gives you some good ideas!

Happy Hacking,

Alicia

Nov 13, 2009 10:01am
Medium bcruskie 45 posts

Topic: Meet & Greet / New here to BUG

Welcome Robert!

Another great resource is our IRC channel here: irc.freenode.net/buglabs

Good Luck!

Brian

Nov 11, 2009 4:42pm
User_img_not_found_01_med gnn 4 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

OK, I have now checked this out with Eclipse as well, it’s working with 10.6.2 and did with 10.6.1 as well.

The device shows up this way in the Network Preferences Pane UI:

RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget is currently active and has the IP address 10.10.10.1.

in a terminal it’s just “en5” because I have plenty of other networking devices in this laptop.

Best,

George

Nov 11, 2009 11:46am
User_img_not_found_01_med gnn 4 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

Turns out none of this is necessary.

On 10.6 if you plug the Bug into the serial port you automatically get the “configure the network”
box from System Preferences.  Set the address as 10.10.10.1 for the Mac side and you now have a working network connection to the bug over which you can ssh.  I have tried Eclipse with this connection as yet.

Best,

George

Nov 10, 2009 4:04pm
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Decreasing startup time

Paul,

Can you mount the SD card in a Linux PC?  If so you can mount it and modify the init level from there.  You’ll need a SD card reader.

thx

ken

Nov 10, 2009 1:08pm
User_img_not_found_04_med pperrone 4 posts

Thanks Ken. Indeed, we’re not interested in doing our own Linux install. Would rather leverage what someone else has done to provide a rapid boot strap.

Anyway, any hints on SSH-ing back into the Bug or somehow getting back into it after setting the runlevel to 3, so that we can set it back to 5?

Best,

Paul

Nov 10, 2009 12:51pm
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Paul,

Yes, you’ll need to keep the runlevel at 5.  To get the kind of speed you are looking for more radical measures will be in order.  I suggest you build a kernel with a stripped-down rootfs and boot that from flash using initfs.  Doing this will require pretty solid knowledge of Linux and OpenEmbedded.  Customizing the existing BUG production release will not result in anywhere near the boot time you are looking for.

hope that helps

ken

Nov 10, 2009 12:45pm
User_img_not_found_04_med pperrone 4 posts

FYI…I removed the S22connman files from rc2 and rc3, and I set the run level to 3 in /etc/inittab. The BugBase doesn’t reboot after doing that.