Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,455 posts found

Feb 17, 2010 6:37pm
User_img_not_found_04_med yaschwartz 10 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Probems Launching Virtual Bug

Just as a followup,

I noticed the following line when I start a Virtual Bug:

[DEBUG] Tracker unable to start because service org.osgi.service.http.HttpService is unavailable.

Similar messages occur as the Bug is compiling.

Thanks,

Yitzchak

Feb 17, 2010 6:32pm
User_img_not_found_04_med yaschwartz 10 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Probems Launching Virtual Bug

Hey,

I’m trying to set up the Virtual Bug on my computer to try to write an app or two. I don’t have a Bug, but just want to play around with the software to see what I can do.

I’ve downloaded eclipse and Dragonfly, but have some trouble creating a New Bug Project. I create it, and try to start virtual bug, but nothing shows up in the Target BUG section. I’m not sure if this has to do with my installation, or if it’s because I’m not using an actual hardware Bug.

I also get the following error: [ERROR] Framework start event received but UAM is not available.

Any advice on how to properly set up Dragonfly so that I can make a virtual app?

Thanks,

Yitzchak Schwartz

Feb 17, 2010 10:52am
Medium wwward 8 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / Introduction

Hey, I’m new to the community!  You’ll find me all over the Internet, with a few exceptions, as "wwward." Not the guy with kids. ;)

I’ve been tinkering with the Hiro-P for a bit, now the Wifi, and my particular interest is in hardware hacking using the Bug as a gateway and a logic controller.  I’m most proficient at answering questions about interfaces to other electronics, and least proficient at writing Java apps.  I intend to improve the latter.

When I’m not busy making trouble at the office, I’m out hacking with my friends at NYC Resistor, an art/hack collective in Brooklyn, NY.  We love to re-mix technology and use open source software to do things formerly reserved for the commerical world.  I’m currently restoring a 1930’s model Teletype 15 for an art installation next month.  I was originally going to leverage a traditional PC, but the Bug might be a good fit to get the device on the air.  We’ll see how quickly I can turn it around – the TTY uses 5-bit Baudot code, and requires a painful 120VDC to switch the selector coil, with some significant timing.  Perhaps a Bug + Arduino will do nicely.

Feel free to look me up on IRC, again as @wwward.

Feb 4, 2010 5:56pm
User_img_not_found_04_med blprnt 19 posts

Topic: BUGbase / Changing device name?

OK. I will maybe get the chance to dig into this. Our show is up and running in 2 hours so there’s not much I can do for now!

We’ll take and post a bunch of photos.

Feb 4, 2010 5:24pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

This sounds like exactly what you need Jer.  I would definitely try using wpa_supplicant and disabling or removing connman entirely.

Feb 4, 2010 5:23pm

Topic: BUGbase / Disabling Bluetooth

Hey Jer,

Simply do:

echo “0”  > /sys/devices/system/mxc_gpio/mxc_gpio0/btenable

From http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/images/d/d5/BUG_power_management.doc

Linked from:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Power_Co…

(“Power Consumption: This is an excerpt of the full BUG power management document which can be found here.”)

Feb 4, 2010 3:50pm
Medium mjuszkiewicz 2 posts

jc: no idea how connman solves that but wpa-supplicant can be told to which networks it has to connect, which ones are more preferred then others etc.

http://blog.jasondonenfeld.com/248 is nice read

Feb 4, 2010 3:19pm

Is there a way to scan and auto-connect to nearest networks though?  I think that’s the clincher

Feb 4, 2010 3:17pm
Medium mjuszkiewicz 2 posts

Connman…

Personally I am using wpa-supplicant directly and store common used networks in it’s config: /etc/wpa-supplicant.conf. But it works just because I do not use connman and my bug devices are always connected by Ethernet.

Feb 3, 2010 9:14pm
User_img_not_found_04_med blprnt 19 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / Wifi - automatic join after reboot?

After testing 3 or four times this seems to be sporadic.

Sometimes I get a join on the network, and sometimes not.

Strange.