BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,499 posts found

Mar 31, 2010 12:56am
User_img_not_found_06_med tapratt 7 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / VonHippel and Keyboard

Hi,

I needs some more help.  I could get the keyboard to work, but only on slot 3.  I would like to get it working on slot 0 if possible, because I plan on using the multi-function buttons along with the screen.  To get the Xserver to accept keyboard input I edited the virtual terminal arguments for the Xserver and I had to comment out one instance from starting.  Here are the last few lines of my Xserver config when it works on slot 3

#TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/bmi_lcd_ts4 #exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession -- $XSERVER $DISPLAY0 -fb /dev/fb1 $ARGS vt01 $*& TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/bmi_lcd_ts5 exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession -- $XSERVER $DISPLAY1 -fb /dev/fb2 $ARGS vt02 $*

If I uncomment both of them, then I can not get keyboard input on any slot and switching them so the first Xserver gets started doesn’t work either.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Mar 30, 2010 12:33pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

Ok, so I am having two issues on the physical bug:

1) The menu node is really sluggish.  When you scroll to the Configure Wifi node in Settings, it stays blank for a while and then shows up.  Same thing when you move right into the node.

2) When I execute the node, it flashes some stuff, throws up a letter, then replaces my new text with the original menu node text and continues scrolling it.  It also either doesn’t respond to the up/down presses, or it responds so slowly that I can’t see it happening.

Thanks for the input.

Mar 29, 2010 10:00am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

.setEnabled() should need to be called on IMenuProvider only.  The code should (could?) also work on the Virtual BUG but I did not try that out.  You do not have to implement the interface, only call setEnabled on your reference to the service.  I can provide an example app if you’d like…

Mar 29, 2010 9:50am
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

IIRC, the setEnabled thing is for the physical BUG only. 

Mar 28, 2010 7:15pm
User_img_not_found_03_med Raynentye 10 posts

Topic: Applications / Is BUG right for me?

Hey wwward/Bill, its gonna take me a bit to scrape together the money for a Bug Kit. I’ll keep you guys posted once I do get one.

Mar 27, 2010 11:55pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

Ok, kgilmer, I have a question.  For the API change to work, do I need to setEnabled(false) on both services?  Also, the menucontroller doesn’t return anything with getService.  I am guessing I need to implement the interface somehow, but what is the use?

I am asking because the virtual bug is giving me a concurrent error.  I will pastebin some stuff in the morning.

Mar 25, 2010 5:26pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

jconnolly,

You were right about the manifest.mf file.  It was missing com.buglabs.device in the imported packages section.  I added it and it started working.

Thanks.

Mar 25, 2010 1:53pm
Medium georgesq 1 post

Topic: Applications / Running AppUI

Hello everybody….

I´m trying to run the AppUI on eclipse, by Virtual bug…

What´s the step?

Thanks George

Mar 25, 2010 12:23pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Now you’re having an entirely different problem.  Pastebin your manifest and your entire class.

Mar 25, 2010 12:14pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

concierge log:

http://pastebin.com/5gvhHv0c

inner class and calling code:

http://pastebin.com/VRW3RKCy

(some stuff commented out while I was trying to figure this out on my own)