BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

Mar 30, 2010 12:33pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

Ok, so I am having two issues on the physical bug:

1) The menu node is really sluggish.  When you scroll to the Configure Wifi node in Settings, it stays blank for a while and then shows up.  Same thing when you move right into the node.

2) When I execute the node, it flashes some stuff, throws up a letter, then replaces my new text with the original menu node text and continues scrolling it.  It also either doesn’t respond to the up/down presses, or it responds so slowly that I can’t see it happening.

Thanks for the input.

Mar 29, 2010 10:00am
Medium kgilmer 215 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

 

.setEnabled() should need to be called on IMenuProvider only.  The code should (could?) also work on the Virtual BUG but I did not try that out.  You do not have to implement the interface, only call setEnabled on your reference to the service.  I can provide an example app if you’d like…

Mar 29, 2010 9:50am
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

IIRC, the setEnabled thing is for the physical BUG only. 

Mar 28, 2010 7:15pm
User_img_not_found_03_med Raynentye 10 posts

Topic: Applications / Is BUG right for me?

Hey wwward/Bill, its gonna take me a bit to scrape together the money for a Bug Kit. I’ll keep you guys posted once I do get one.

 

Mar 27, 2010 11:55pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

Ok, kgilmer, I have a question.  For the API change to work, do I need to setEnabled(false) on both services?  Also, the menucontroller doesn’t return anything with getService.  I am guessing I need to implement the interface somehow, but what is the use?


I am asking because the virtual bug is giving me a concurrent error.  I will pastebin some stuff in the morning.

Mar 25, 2010 5:26pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

jconnolly,

You were right about the manifest.mf file.  It was missing com.buglabs.device in the imported packages section.  I added it and it started working.

Thanks.

Mar 25, 2010 1:53pm
Medium georgesq 1 post

Topic: Applications / Running AppUI

Hello everybody….

I´m trying to run the AppUI on eclipse, by Virtual bug…

What´s the step?

Thanks George

Mar 25, 2010 12:23pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

Now you’re having an entirely different problem.  Pastebin your manifest and your entire class.

Mar 25, 2010 12:14pm
Medium icubed 21 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

concierge log:

http://pastebin.com/5gvhHv0c

 

inner class and calling code:

http://pastebin.com/VRW3RKCy

(some stuff commented out while I was trying to figure this out on my own)

Mar 25, 2010 11:42am
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: Applications / Old school text entry

Pastebin the entirety to concierge.log as well as the code used to register the menu.  My hunch is the path you’re using to register the node.

Powered by Community Engine

Top
Login
Close
Bottom