BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 12,498 posts found

May 17, 2010 1:39pm
Medium jconnolly 285 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUGBase trouble on reboot

If the JVM is segfaulted it may not be able to shut it down.  I’d try a hard shutdown and looking at /var/log/concierge.log for a segfault first.

May 17, 2010 1:09pm
User_img_not_found_05_med rawksolid 12 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUGBase trouble on reboot

After testing a couple java awt applications on my BUGbase wifi, I sent a “shutdown -r now” over ssh and the BUG freezes while the front screen displays “stopping umountfs”

Any ideas on what could be hanging the BUG? It is hooked to my Mac via the USB cable, but taking it out of the Mac appears to not help. Thanks!

-pm

May 17, 2010 9:46am
User_img_not_found_05_med rawksolid 12 posts

Topic: BUG SDK / USB Ethernet Driver Mac 10.6

After months I finally got back to my BUG and this thread. Thanks to gnn, I tried the direct USB route and it does indeed work on Mac 10.6.3.

-pm

May 15, 2010 12:09pm
User_img_not_found_05_med Edrae 25 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / BugLocate / GPS : moving is bad.

That’s the news : after some tests, I can say that all is clean !

Sometime a little confusing for a minute when switch it on and staying at the same place. Sometime its accuracy goes bad for a minute.

But, as I chat with a friend of me who got a good walking GPS from Garmin, it’s all the same. It’s just that those walking GPS are smarter and got algorithms to handle momentary falling accuracy. It’s like car GPS that knows you’re not into the building with your car but just next on the same street as second before. Now it’s to us to implement this smartness.

Defect is close.

Edrae.

May 12, 2010 2:38pm
Medium agibb 8 posts

Topic: Way Off Topic / Free/Open Hardware?

Hi Enno!

There isn’t really a liscence for hardware available yet. Though we’re working on one with a group of the other open hardware makers and manufacturers. Currently our schematics are lisenced with cc – creative commons with attribution and share alike. They are free and downloadable from our website: http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware

Feel free to ping me with any other research based questions :)  I’m  alicia [@] buglabs.net

May 12, 2010 8:46am
User_img_not_found_03_med enno 1 post

Topic: Way Off Topic / Free/Open Hardware?

Hi!

I am a student from Berlin/Germany and at the moment I am writing my master thesis about Open Hardware.
I want to determine how principles of Free and Open Software can be applied on development and production of non-software. So I discovered BUG Labs.

But one thing I couldn’t figure out is under what kind of license BUG Labs distributes their hardware designs. 
Are they free?
Is any manufacturer permitted to produce BUG Labs’ products? 

Best
Enno 

May 10, 2010 9:25am
User_img_not_found_03_med fiil123 14 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUGbase boot problems

After getting fantastic help from jconnolly and GNUtoo in the IRC channel my BUGbases are booting again. The problem turned out to be that the memory card did not have a valid Linux partition. The “How To” should be updated by jconnolly to state this step now! Thanks for the help in the channel hope this forum post is going to help others:)

Link to the step in the wiki: link

May 10, 2010 7:29am
User_img_not_found_03_med fiil123 14 posts

Topic: BUGbase / BUGbase boot problems

Hey

I have a boot problem with two of our BUGbase’s! When they ”boot” they never get past the “black background logo” I have tried and rewrite the rootfs twice on both BUGbase’s with out any luck. Any idea on what the problem could be or how I could debug the problem?

I can’t SSH to the BUGbase either, it seems like the Linux is never loaded / booted.

Cheers

Kenneth Fiil

May 2, 2010 1:34pm
User_img_not_found_03_med KCHerrington 1 post

Topic: Way Off Topic / Just at school

Yeah, Many of the computer classes are boring and easy and kind of outdated.  Last year I self taught myself Drupal while I was in class…

Apr 30, 2010 5:33pm
User_img_not_found_05_med Edrae 25 posts

Topic: BUGmodules / BugLocate / GPS : moving is bad.

Thanks for explanation. I never had problems to get a fix. Sometimes, but peharps it will not happend again with the update, led blinks green but datas continue to be sent as if it were not. In these case, restart concierge resolve the issue. Hope this will help others.

I do not know why one of my sentence is strikethrough, considere it as not strikethrough.

Edrae.