BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

mpeddicord's Blog

Solution Sprint #1 - BUGtunes

The Challenge: Use BUG in a meaningful way... today

The Proposal: Make BUG a wireless music server everyone can collaboratively add music to, create playlists with, and use.

First: We white board the idea, add in possible functionality, then sketch the concept.

Ideas:

1. Use Jack Server

2. BUGmpd connect to JACK

3. Hook up the Traffic Light in a meaningful way

4. Bot Bundle “Gong” Functionality

So now we have a quick outline of what we want to do. Port JACK (http://jackaudio.org/) to the BUG, and have that BUG control the music we listen to.

created on: 05/06/11

The Hardware:

1 BUGbase 2.0

1 BUGstinger

1 BUGvonhippel

1 Ethernet cable (may be over WiFi later, but for now, ethernet is more reliable)

1 Pair of Speakers

1 Rusty old computer (To hold the music – move to cloud services later?)

1 Traffic Light

Step 1. Tinker:

First, Andrew Turley writes his wish list, then he clutters it with junk

Step 2: Prototype the Traffic lights:

Andrew Tergis and Jonathan Dahan discuss the intricacies of controlling a traffic light with the BUG. What should the light do? Where should it be placed? How do we Future Proof it?

For now, the traffic light will give Buggers some visual feedback of the popularity of the song currently playing. Green means no one hates it, Yellow means it has been tagged as annoying, Red means GONG, and the song is banned from the playlist for the next week or so.

Step 3: Get to work:

CODE! JONATHAN! CODE! FASTER!!!

Step 4: Hook up the parts:

Plug it in Turley! You can do it! What a sweet looking Ethernet cable.

Step 5: Turn it on:

Pretty Lights!

Step 6: Make it go!

OK, so it isn't beautiful, yet, and we don't have the traffic light set up, yet, and it's pretty obvious it isn't wireless, yet... but it works!

The Software:

jackaudio.org

alsa-project.org

http://bugmpd.local/relaxx/index.php

We used relaxx as our Music Player Deamon, which makes it act like a regular MP3 player, except this one is usable from the web. Now all employees can send their music to the server, add songs to the playlist, and even skip the bad songs that our Sales Engineer plays. Yes, we are sick of “Where Brooklyn At?” Vish, but thanks for playing.

The Future:

Well we gave ourselves a day to complete the project. We now have music playing from the BUG, and the traffic light is working, but we don't have the IRC bot set up to “Gong” and switch songs yet. I have been advised that this is a small fix that will occur next Friday before we start Solution Sprint #2: The Rise of MotherBug 2.

Check out the lights!

Nice work team :-)

Here is a little more about how we actually did it:

http://wiki.buglabs.net/index.php/Solution_Sprint_1_--_BUGTunes

Friday fun-days are proving fruitful. What would YOU do with a BUG and a day?

Post Comments

Add Your Comment!

Michael Kors

wei?. ' , Und ich bin verdammt, wenn

louis vuitton

ich jeden Mann , darky orWhite haben ,

Louis Vuitton Bags

warf auf ihn. Es gibt nicht einen besseren

Kate Spade Bags

Mann in dieser Grafschaft, oder warum

bent down to troll. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue. "Urgh - Yanitororu". chanel outlet He wiped on top of the pants troll. Loud footsteps and slamming of a sudden
out of the goal gucci bags post and the inner, to speed up his field down. He turned the two thousand nimbus where I thought shopkatespadebags.com at the lightest touch of his. "Hey, Potter, come
Professor Flitwick sat on top of the mountain of his kate spade book as usual." Magic properly - and "flick and swish, flick and swish, I remember said the s' of 2013-louisvuittonhandbags 'F' instead, and
final. Compared with Bludgers and Quaffle, about the size of a large walnut, it was small. louisvuittonstore2013.com I had the silver wings fluttering a little it was a bright gold. Wood said,

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
buy hydrocodone online

A healthy diet is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying extremely thin, or depriving yourself of foods you love. Rather it is to get that good to have more energy and you keep healthy as possible.
buy codeine online

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!
buy phentermine online

Nice to share my love is wonderful to tell you that a hsealthy green gives you the best Organic vitamins, herbal remedies and organic supplements.
buy vicodin es online

Preservation and promotion of health is achieved through a combination of physical, mental and social well-being, sometimes called "the triangle of health." Health is a positive concept focuses on the social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.
Buy xanax online

With the many blogs which I have encountered, I never expected to see a very beautiful post online..After reading this one, I felt so lucky to see its content..-)

buy hydrocodone online

The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. Thanks

buy dilaudid online

Thanks for your many years of a great service well done! I’ve always felt good about listing my concerts with you and linking from my website.

buy phentermine online

Preservation and promotion of health is achieved through a combination of physical, mental and social well-being, sometimes called "the triangle of health." Health is a positive concept focuses on the social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.

buy adderall online

I think this is a great website, specially when searching for that specific topic.

buy ritalin online

I loved the post a lot. This is really great blog, I always find worth reading stuff here. Thanks to writer.

buy lortab online

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!

buy oxycodone online

I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I'm going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!

buy valium online

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job!

Buy Phentermine online

Certainly a fantastic piece of work ... It has relevant information. Thanks for posting this. Your blog is so interesting and very informative.Thanks sharing. Definitely a great piece of work Thanks for your work.

Buy Ritalin online

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. buy valium online

I enjoy a couple of from the articles which have been written, and particularly the comments posted! I will definitely be visiting again! buy lortab online

» All comments
» Comments RSS

Author

Bug Labs team mpeddicord
mpeddicord
1 post
RSS feed

Categories