BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

kgilmer's Blog

Java 7 (OpenJDK/IcedTea) for the BUG 2.0

For anyone interested in Java 7, I have built OpenJDK 7 (via IcedTea) for BUG 2.0 (Angstrom, armv7, Zero VM).  The binaries are available here.  The binaries are not provided as Angstrom opkgs, so the installation process is manual. This is because it was built natively on a BUG, rather than using the OpenEmbedded cross compiling build system.  You'll also need to install libcups2 via opkg if you want to replace the Java 6 JRE to run BUG applications.  Here is my installation steps, assuming the j2re-image tarball is decompressed in /home/root:

$ mkdir -p /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre $ mv ~/j2re-image/* /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre $ rm /usr/bin/java $ ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre/bin/java /usr/bin/java $ opkg install libcups2

Now if you restart Felix (via Knapsack if you are running a 3.0 release), you'll notice that the JVM running is java.runtime.version = 1.7.0_147-icedtea-b147 via http://bug/support.html.  This is provided on an experimental basis and I would not be surprised if problems pop up!

An interesting benefit that IcedTea 7 provides (other than ARM compatibility via Zero) is alternative VM implementations CACAO and JamVM.  The binary build I have provided unfortunately does not include these but I'm going to try and build them.  Hopefully I can get Zero, Shark, CACAO, and JamVM all happily living inside the BUG!  :)

Special thanks to xranby@irc.oftc.net#openjdk for his invaluable assistance!

Post Comments

Add Your Comment!

Einem professionellen unternehmen oder Experte Schriftsteller k ? Nnen SIE Sicher Sein, dass. SIE einzigartig, reich und

prada online outlet

gut gestaltete Inhalte in anspruch nehmen . SIE

michael kors outlet

k ? Nnen Artikel
schnell oder deren girlsas

louis vuitton

h¨¹bsch, und ich wei? verdammt gut, sie haben kein Whisky,

louis vuitton handbags

I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.
buy percocet online

Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog. It's just amazing.... Thanks very much
buy codeine online

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.
buy xanax online

I admire The Valuable information you offer in your articles. I Will bookmark your blog .
buy adderall online

Wow, thats amazing.I love the way you write. Do you provide an RSS feed?
buy ritalin online

the pipe hitting its shoulder, but listening to Yale, to give time for Harry to run around it, by http://www.michaelkorspursesonline.com turning its ugly nose toward Ron instead, it temporarily again has prada-outlet-onlines.net
it is possible to play for England, I would not be Louis Vuitton Outlet surprised. " In practice three nights a week Quidditch, what he http://www.louisvuitton--outletstore.net was very busy on top of the homework of all his louis vuitton now,
but we are seeing Snape is not the case around Louis Vuitton purses it. Cross the hallway, he was out of sight. "He what?" Authentic Louis Vuitton Bags Harry is doing whispered. He is not he story all Potter, for special

knowledge about Kate Spade Outlet the recent SDVOB rules eCommerce is the perfect example of how the internet has changed the world we live incom2e2afle Everyone I have ever talked to that is an entrepreneur has had to come face Louis Vuitton to face with their fears by reason of a result, it authorize help you target highly able visitors in the direction of your website
The best option would be to find a collection agency that is authorized to chanel outlet collect in the most different locales possible A risk management plan is also very beneficial in maintaining coach outlet your investment The benefit of opting for the latter instead of the former is that you can save a significant amount of money They are not tuned in to the show yet and consequently, may very well walk past the first few stands with hardly a glance so it is not a good idea to choose a stand just inside the door
kate spade outlet

Coach Outlet Online

I said,' Dad, I'm too old for a good

Coach Outlet

bye kiss.I'm too old for any kind

Giàn phơi thông minh Việt Thống bằng chất liệu mới đầu tiên tại Việt Nam. Siêu nhẹ, siêu bền bảo hành 5 năm có chi nhánh toàn quốc .
Giàn phơi thông mình Việt Thống là nhà cung cấp Giàn phơi nhôm băng tải Uy Tín - Đội ngũ thi công chuyên nghiệp. Có kinh nghiệm thi công băng chuyền nhiều dự án giàn phơi lớn nhỏ trong TP.HCM ...

Giàn phơi thông mình Việt Thống là nhà cung cấp Băng tải,  Giàn phơi nhôm Uy Tín - Đội ngũ thi công chuyên nghiệp. Có kinh nghiệm thi công nhiều dự án giàn phơi lớn nhỏ trong TP.HCM ...

bang tai

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.buy hydrocodone online

Wonderful post. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this post. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks!buy dilaudid online

With the many blogs which I have encountered, I never expected to see a very beautiful post online..After reading this one, I felt so lucky to see its content..-)buy phentermine online

The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. Thanksbuy adderall pills

I was delighted to find this web site.I wanted to thank you for your time reading this wonderful! I really enjoyed every bit of it and I've marked to ensure that the blog post something new.buy ritalin online

» All comments
» Comments RSS