BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

kgilmer's Blog

New software for an old BUG

created on: 05/04/11While the BUG 2.0 hardware platform is the shiney new toy everyone wants/NEEEDS, what can we say about our trusty BUG 1.x devices sitting around?  I think they are in need of some love, and as a community effort, have released some alpha-level builds of BUG 2.0 software for BUG 1.x hardware.  The project is called leafcutter, and the idea is that your BUG 1.3 device should be able to run all the BUGapps that your 2.0 device does, assuming you have the necessary modules.  The main work involved in this is migrating from the legacy Poky 3.0 build system to the OpenEmbedded 2011-stable build system.  The result of this migration means:

• Up to date packages
  • A "living" distro, where contributors are adding packages all the time
  • OSGi R4 implementation (Apache Felix)
  • OpenJDK (Java 1.6)

I'm planning on having Dragonfly SDK support available, so development is seemless between hardware versions.  Have a look at the project page to see the current state of things.  Since this is not an official Bug Labs project, the sources are being hosted at Gitorious instead of the Bug Labs GitHub repo.  While the project is in an early stage, the basic Linux environment and OpenJDK JVM are currently working.  Depending on your needs, this may already be enough for some users to migrate.

And as a community-hosted project, everyone is welcome to contribute!  Areas that need attention:

• Abstracting and isolating BUG 2.0 HW APIs from 1.3 HW APIs in the OSGi layer
  • Fixing and enhancing the windowing system
  • Providing an 'extras' package repository
  • Testing kernel and module support
  • Testing existing BUGapps on BUG 1.3 hardware

The start page has all the details regarding building and getting access to ready-to-install binaries.

Post Comments

Add Your Comment!

new balance outlet online

h¨¹bsch, und ich wei? verdammt gut, sie haben kein Whisky,

Michael Kors Outlet Handbags

Roggen Vaters ber¨¹hren bekam . " " Ashley Wilkes sagte,

michael kors

dass sie eine Menge von Landschaft und Musik. Ashley
Unter

gucci bags

sterben Masse Kosten senken Kann unterlassen . Und VOR Allem

Michael Kors Outlet Store

Nicht KOPIEREN your TV -Star sofort nach der Show, ?h

Michael Kors Outlet

Nicht bezeichnet einen Nachahmer zu unterlassen . Kurz ges?gt, ?hm

kate spade

Eine
theslightest macht flattern und kreischen . "" Nun, man

prada outlet

kann nicht ihre Schuld . Sie haben zu schie?en Cade

Louis Vuitton Store

im Bein . "" Nun , ich wurde lickered oder

chanel outlet online

ich h?tte es nicht getan ", sagte Stuart .
gesch?lt

Louis Vuitton Outlet

, bis wir sie aus. Alles, was sie werden wissen,

I think the natural and biological sources of vitamins and minerals are best compared with other packaging and plastic products. Always try to push things you need in your home. It is not only going to be cheaper, but it will be much more beneficial to your health and your family.
buy hydrocodone online

But I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice post
buy codeine online

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!
buy phentermine online

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
buy vicodin es online

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
Buy xanax online

Your site is good Actually, i have seen your post and That was very informative and very entertaining for me. Thanks for posting Really Such Things. I should recommend your site to my friends. Cheers.

buy k25 online

You will be missed.The one place where as a venue and fan I could search by what ever perimeters I chose .Good Luck with your future endeavors. buy hydrocodone online

You provided a valuable service to the community. Thank you for doing such a great job all these years.buy dilaudid online

Wonderful site and I wanted to post a note to let you know, ""Good job""! I’m glad I found this blog. Brilliant and wonderful job ! Your blog site has presented me most of the strategies which I like. Thanks for sharing this.buy phentermine online

With the many blogs which I have encountered, I never expected to see a very beautiful post online..After reading this one, I felt so lucky to see its content..-)buy adderall online

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!
buy lortab online

A healthy diet is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying extremely thin, or depriving yourself of foods you love. Rather it is to get that good to have more energy and you keep healthy as possible.
buy codeine online

I was delighted to find this web site.I wanted to thank you for your time reading this wonderful! I really enjoyed every bit of it and I've marked to ensure that the blog post something new.
buy adderall online

I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I'm going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!
buy watson online

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time
buy vicodin es online

The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. Thanks buy ritalin online

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time
buy percocet online

Thanks for your many years of a great service well done! I’ve always felt good about listing my concerts with you and linking from my website.

buy lortab online

» All comments
» Comments RSS