BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Meet & Greet Hello from Kenya

Subscribe to Hello from Kenya  7 posts, 5 voices

Jun 15, 2008 12:31pm
Img_missing_medium whiteafrican 2 posts

Peter and the guys at BugLabs were kind enough to loan us a BUGbundle for use at Barcamp Nairobi coming up this Saturday. It’s great to see such an active community, and we’re excited about doing some fun things in the coming week.

A couple of us are getting together this coming week to try and hack something to show there, including:

Wilfred Mworia
Brian Muita
Jessica Colaco
Erik Hersman

We’re going into the brainstorming process now. Trying to come up with something that has some context to Africa, but might also be useful elsewhere. Any ideas would be welcome!

Jun 15, 2008 1:29pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

whiteafrican
Peter and the guys at BugLabs were kind enough to loan us a BUGbundle for use at Barcamp Nairobi coming up this Saturday. It's great to see such an active community, and we're excited about doing some fun things in the coming week.

A couple of us are getting together this coming week to try and hack something to show there, including:

Wilfred Mworia
Brian Muita
Jessica Colaco
Erik Hersman

We're going into the brainstorming process now. Trying to come up with something that has some context to Africa, but might also be useful elsewhere. Any ideas would be welcome!

Sweet! Welcome! and welcome to Wilfred, Brian, Jessica and Erik. Let us know if we can be of any help. Please drop into our IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at #buglabs to get realtime responses to any questions you might have. Happy hacking. :wink:
Jun 16, 2008 8:07am
Img_missing_medium jtoeman 57 posts

also, if you can share any info to Twitter, Blog, Flickr, or other live (or near-live) content, that would be great!

Jun 16, 2008 7:13pm
Img_missing_medium whiteafrican 2 posts

jtoeman
also, if you can share any info to Twitter, Blog, Flickr, or other live (or near-live) content, that would be great!

You can follow along on twitter at usernames whiteafrican and 69mb.

And on our blogs by the same names.

(can't post links)
Jun 17, 2008 9:15am
Img_missing_medium wmworia 1 post

This gadget is a really neat piece of technology. It’s really fun!

Jun 18, 2008 9:33am
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Hey there,

Looks like we missed you guys on our IRC channel. Time differences. :roll:

<bmuita> Hi, hello from Nairobi
<bmuita> The Accelerometer API is only available in the integration build atm right?
<bmuita> I've tried switching to the integration build by just replacing the production update site with the integration build's update site in eclipe and doing an update for installed features but I'm not getting anything in the update window's search results. Is there something I'm missing?

What is the version of the SDK you're using? On the BUG we got ready for you, I put our newest release of the RootFS and kernel, so the BUG libraries on your BUG should be the latest and greatest.

In eclipse, go to Help->About->Click on the Dragonfly icon. That will tell you the version number you're using. If it's 1.0.0.6 of production, or >305 of Testing, it should have all of the latest Accelerometer functionality.

In the case that you have an earlier release version (1.0.0.5), I would point you to our newest release (1.0.0.6) at http://buglabs.net/sdk/production/current/, which, if you use as an external site for features in eclipse, should upgrade automatically.

In the event that your SDK is cranky, you may want to uninstall your Dragonfly version by going to Help->Software Updates->Manage Configuration, expand the configuration until you see Dragonfly. Right click on the Dragonfly SDK node and select Uninstall. Restart eclipse, and go through the process of installing the SDK as normal, pointing to our latest production release. This should conclusively update your version.

Hope that does it for you, and let me know how it works out.

-John
Aug 5, 2012 8:59pm
User_img_not_found_04_med prada_outlet 82 posts

I’ve never been a huge fan of Prada Outlet, but as I searched for Michael Kors Outlet best on the market right now, I started to rethink my aversion to the Coach outlet. Because sometimes a new Hermes UK isn’t enough for a whole new you. (Want us to outfit your alter ego or your alternate reality?These coach outlet online may not be the exact Michael Kors Watches pieces, but damn did I look hard for Supra Footwear.We have to give up thinking that coach factory outlet online are acceptable for Coach Outlet that happens between 5:00pm on a Friday and 8:00am on a Monday. Then pull the straps off, and Coach Outlet Online: you’ve suddenly got yourself a super-cool, little top-handled Michael Kors bags and Coach outlet store online sales. I’m not sure that every Supra Shoes on this list pulls it off. Prada Shoes, for example, does a better job on some of its kobe shoes than others, and I can’t say I’m feeling the extra-wide Prada Bags option at all. The blue http://www.prada.com/ Prada Outlet and http://www.suprafootwearsales.net/ supra footwear up top? Sign me up. I’ve gotten my steps down to a science and the whole she-bang takes me about 15 minutes to apply.

Forums Meet & Greet Hello from Kenya