BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Meet & Greet Hello!

Subscribe to Hello!  5 posts, 4 voices

Jun 29, 2008 10:18am
Img_missing_medium DemonicHost 2 posts

I’m Cory. ( Not much info know. :P )

Anyway I have a few questions about the BUG.

1. Is it possible to use any *nix distro? (arm arch of course)
2. What is the max size of a MMC that can be used?
3. When is the release for the final production bug?
4. What are some planed modules you will be releasing?

Jul 1, 2008 11:34am
Medium jennyw 20 posts

Hi Cory! Welcome.

To answer your questions:

1) 1. Is it possible to use any *nix distro? (arm arch of course)

Yes, in theory. However, the drivers for our hardware are written for a specific Linux kernel (Linux BUG 2.6.19.2), and the source is (or will be) available for the drivers, so you could always port the drivers to a kernel/distro of your choice if you were so inclined!

2) What is the max size of a MMC that can be used?

Theoretically unlimited, limited only by HW availability. We use 512MB, the largest we could find in any quantity. However, we're moving to microSD, which have crammed over 8GB of storage onto a single card.

3) When is the release for the final production bug?

BUG is currently in production (i.e. no longer in Beta). We will obviously be making changes and improvements with each BUG release, but we are indeed in production at this time.

4) What are some planed modules you will be releasing?

Regarding planned modules, in the works right now (in various stages of development) we have:

- 802.11g Wifi
- von Hippel (see here).
- Audio Speaker, Input/Output Mini Jacks
- Touch-sensitive, Color LCD - 2X
- Mini-QWERTY Keyboard

Hope this answers your questions. Thanks for your interest!

Jenny
BUG+Care
http://buglabs.net/care
Jul 8, 2008 12:31am
Img_missing_medium DemonicHost 2 posts

Thanks for the response. ( Sorry it took so long to respond, I’m in the process of moving :P )

Could you please email me when the BUG’s kernel source is available. After the source is available I plan to buy 1 unit for testing purposes then possibly purchase an additional 2 units. With all current modules.

Jul 8, 2008 8:42am
Medium Bug Labs team kschultz 107 posts

All of our source is located at cvs.buglabs.net. Check out the com.buglabs.kernel and com.buglabs.jni branches. We're working on a more simple build system to make it easier to modify the root file system so you can use other distros besides ours.

We also have more and more info about the hardware going up on the wiki.

If you have any questions about anything don't hesitate to contact us.
Aug 5, 2012 8:59pm
User_img_not_found_04_med prada_outlet 82 posts

I’ve never been a huge fan of Prada Outlet, but as I searched for Michael Kors Outlet best on the market right now, I started to rethink my aversion to the Coach outlet. Because sometimes a new Hermes UK isn’t enough for a whole new you. (Want us to outfit your alter ego or your alternate reality?These coach outlet online may not be the exact Michael Kors Watches pieces, but damn did I look hard for Supra Footwear.We have to give up thinking that coach factory outlet online are acceptable for Coach Outlet that happens between 5:00pm on a Friday and 8:00am on a Monday. Then pull the straps off, and Coach Outlet Online: you’ve suddenly got yourself a super-cool, little top-handled Michael Kors bags and Coach outlet store online sales. I’m not sure that every Supra Shoes on this list pulls it off. Prada Shoes, for example, does a better job on some of its kobe shoes than others, and I can’t say I’m feeling the extra-wide Prada Bags option at all. The blue http://www.prada.com/ Prada Outlet and http://www.suprafootwearsales.net/ supra footwear up top? Sign me up. I’ve gotten my steps down to a science and the whole she-bang takes me about 15 minutes to apply.

Forums Meet & Greet Hello!