BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGmodules VonHippel and Keyboard

Subscribe to VonHippel and Keyboard  20 posts, 12 voices , Tagged: vonhippel Keyboard Input

Jan 15, 2010 12:35am
User_img_not_found_06_med tapratt 7 posts

I am trying to get a USB keyboard to send input to the xserver using the VonHippel module.  I am following a thread on the mailing list that explains how to do it, but I’m not having much luck.  I have removed the two modules he said g_ether and arcotg_udc and ehci_hcd is loaded.  The keyboard does get recognized and the keyboard modules get auto loaded.  I have also stopped one of the xservers, so only the one on display 0 is running, but I still get no input from the keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Todd

Jan 22, 2010 11:55am
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Hi Todd,

I tried to attach a keyboard to my BUG and it seems the device itself is recognized:

[ 2772.000000] usb 1-1.1: new low speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 6 [ 2772.140000] usb 1-1.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice [ 2772.200000] input: Dell Dell USB Keyboard as /class/input/input11 [ 2772.270000] input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Dell Dell USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1.1 [ 2772.290000] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=413c, idProduct=2105 [ 2772.300000] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 [ 2772.330000] usb 1-1.1: Product: Dell USB Keyboard [ 2772.330000] usb 1-1.1: Manufacturer: Dell

But I am also unable to get the Xserver to use the device.  After some googling I found that (most likely) our version of kdrive is not setup to handle hotplug input devices.  This will likely change in the next release of BUG software, but if it’s important to you please create a bugzilla for this feature request.  Also if you find a workaround we’d love to hear about it :)

thx!

ken

Jan 23, 2010 3:35pm

Hi Ken,

Thanks for looking into this for me.  That was the exact behavior I was seeing.  The device was being recognized:

[42949529.590000] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=413c, idProduct=2003 [42949529.590000] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 [42949529.610000] usb 1-1.2: Product: Dell USB Keyboard [42949529.610000] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Dell [42949529.690000] usbhid 1-1.2:1.0: usb_probe_interface [42949529.690000] usbhid 1-1.2:1.0: usb_probe_interface - got id [42949529.700000] input: Dell Dell USB Keyboard as /class/input/input9 [42949529.750000] usb 1-1.2: link qh16-0601/ffbae300 start 15 [1/2 us] [42949529.780000] input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Dell Dell USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1.2 [42949529.790000] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid [42949529.800000] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver [42949529.820000] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbkbd [42949529.830000] usbkbd: :USB HID Boot Protocol keyboard driver

The device node was being created:  /dev/input/eventX

more /proc/bus/input/devices

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=413c Product=2003 Version=0110 N: Name="Dell Dell USB Keyboard" P: Phys=usb-fsl-ehci.0-1.2/input0 S: Sysfs=/class/input/input9 U: Uniq= H: Handlers=kbd event9 B: EV=120013 B: KEY=10000 7 ff9f207a c14057ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe B: MSC=10 B: LED=7

But using cat /dev/input/eventX  while pressing keys showed that no keyboard events were being sent to this file.

Looking through the bug build scripts I found that they did apply a patch to their version of kdrive to use the evdev input driver for X, which should allow the hotplugging of input devices.  To enable it you have to add -use-evdev to your Xserver arguments.  After trying this I experienced the same behavior exept I could get the Num Lock and Cap Lock LED’s to light up.  If I find a solution or workaround I will make sure to let you know.

Thanks Again,

Todd

Jan 25, 2010 10:42am
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Hi Todd, try this.  I’ve gotten it to work:

vi /etc/X11/Xserver, comment out line 27 (ARGS=$ARGS vt01)

also change lines 54 and 56 to look something like:

exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession—$XSERVER $DISPLAY0 -fb /dev/fb1 $ARGS vt02 …...

exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession—$XSERVER $DISPLAY0 -fb /dev/fb1 $ARGS vt01 …...

To test it out, try:

export DISPLAY=:0.0

matchbox-terminal

and try typing.  You might have to swap the LCD or vt params to get the input to the Xserver of your choice.

Jan 29, 2010 11:55pm

Hi John,

Yes I tried what you suggested and it also worked for me.  I then attached a barcode scanner and it was also recoginized as a HID device by the kernel just like the keyboard and I was able to have the Xserver accept input from it too, which was my goal in the first place.

Thank you both for your help,  you guys are awesome.

Todd

Mar 31, 2010 12:56am

Hi,

I needs some more help.  I could get the keyboard to work, but only on slot 3.  I would like to get it working on slot 0 if possible, because I plan on using the multi-function buttons along with the screen.  To get the Xserver to accept keyboard input I edited the virtual terminal arguments for the Xserver and I had to comment out one instance from starting.  Here are the last few lines of my Xserver config when it works on slot 3

#TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/bmi_lcd_ts4 #exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession -- $XSERVER $DISPLAY0 -fb /dev/fb1 $ARGS vt01 $*& TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/bmi_lcd_ts5 exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession -- $XSERVER $DISPLAY1 -fb /dev/fb2 $ARGS vt02 $*

If I uncomment both of them, then I can not get keyboard input on any slot and switching them so the first Xserver gets started doesn’t work either.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Mar 31, 2010 3:16pm
Medium GNUtoo 10 posts

hi here’s my config:

#!/bin/sh
#

. /etc/formfactor/config

# note xinit needs full server path
XSERVER=/usr/bin/Xipaq
if [ -f /usr/bin/Xfbdev ]; then
  XSERVER=/usr/bin/Xfbdev
fi
if [ -f /usr/bin/Xepson ]; then
  XSERVER=/usr/bin/Xepson
fi
if [ -f /usr/bin/Xorg ]; then
  XSERVER=/usr/bin/Xorg
fi
if [ -f /usr/bin/Xomap ]; then
  XSERVER=/usr/bin/Xomap
fi

. /etc/profile

export USER=root

ARGS=” -br -pn -hide-cursor -s 0”
ARGS=”$ARGS -mouse tslib”
#ARGS=”$ARGS vt01”

# use ucb 1×00 touchscreen if present
if [ -z ”$TSLIB_TSDEVICE” ] && [ -e /dev/touchscreen/ucb1×00 ]; then
  ARGS=”$ARGS -mouse /dev/touchscreen/ucb1×00”
fi

# use usb mouse if present
# Xorg doesn’t support ”-mouse” option, and uses /dev/input/mice automatically
if [ -z ”$TSLIB_TSDEVICE” ] && [ -e /dev/input/mice ] && [ ”$XSERVER” != “Xorg” ]; then
  ARGS=”$ARGS -mouse /dev/input/mice”
fi

ARGS=”$ARGS -screen ${DISPLAY_WIDTH_PIXELS}x${DISPLAY_HEIGHT_PIXELS}@${DISPLAY_ORIENTATION}x${DISPLAY_BPP}”

if [ ! -z ”$DISPLAY_DPI” ]; then
    ARGS=”$ARGS -dpi $DISPLAY_DPI”
fi

if [ ! -z ”$DISPLAY_SUBPIXEL_ORDER” ]; then
    ARGS=”$ARGS -rgba $DISPLAY_SUBPIXEL_ORDER”
fi

DISPLAY0=’:0’
#DISPLAY1=’:1’
TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/bmi_lcd_ts4
exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession—$XSERVER $DISPLAY0 -fb /dev/fb1 $ARGS $&

#TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/bmi_lcd_ts5
#exec xinit /etc/X11/Xsession—$XSERVER $DISPLAY1 -fb /dev/fb2 $ARGS $

you could notice that the lines with /dev/fb1 are uncommented while the lines with /dev/fb2 are commented

That is because /dev/fb1 goes to slot0 and /dev/fb2 goes to slot1

if you wonder where /dev/fb0 goes,it goes to the bugbase small monochrome display.

Note that #ARGS=”$ARGS vt01” is also commented

Denis.

Apr 1, 2010 12:33am

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the help.  I made those changes to my Xserver config and got the keyboard to work on slot 0 a few times.  I’m still having the same problem where I start up my bug and the bug view module doesn’t display anything but the backlight is on, sometimes I can get it to work by removing the module and plugging it back into the slot.  Other times it will display, but I can’t do anything because the touch screen won’t respond.  I checked the conierge log and syslog, but I’m not getting any error messages or anything out of the ordinary.  Kind of sounds like a hardware issue to me, but I had just returned my last bug for the same problem.  What do you think?

Thanks again for the help

Todd

Apr 1, 2010 2:06pm
Medium GNUtoo 10 posts

I had hardware issues like you describe too,

But it could also be something else like:

Dust,preventing the Bug module to connect properly

Bad connection,that is to say the screen is not connected/inserted properly in the bug-base

Denis.

Jun 28, 2012 2:25am
User_img_not_found_03_med louis 38 posts

http://www.louisvuittonusauks.co.uk/ louis vuitton bags

http://www.louisvuittonpurses-outlets.net/ louis vuitton Handbags Outlet

http://www.greatlouisvuittonbags.com/ louis vuitton purses

http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.net/ Louis Vuitton Purses

http://www.louisvuittononlineshops.org/ Cheap Louis Vuitton

http://www.officiallouisvuittonzone.net/ louis vuitton outlet

http://www.hermesoutletus.org/ hermes Purses

http://www.cheap-suprashoes.org/ cheap supra shoes

Aug 14, 2012 2:02am
User_img_not_found_06_med rubing 103 posts

Isn’t it funny how we www.coachfactorystoreec.com/ Coach Factory Store always want what we can’t have? The girl with the round and pert backside wishes that her rear were 5 times smaller. Meanwhile, the girl with the non existent posterior wishes to achieve a larger butt. Well, if the grass is greener on the other side, just water yours! If you’ve got a small behind, you can create the illusion of a larger one with butt enhancing jeans. Here’s how to do it. Look for light weight denim – This material is very stiff and heavy. If you try to stuff a flat butt into denim jeans, it will only create a flatter looking behind. A little stretch goes a long way – Your butt enhancing jeans should additionally contain some stretch. A mixture of 98 percent cotton and 2 percent lycra is best. This combination of lycra and cotton, especially when it’s in a nice tight-weave fabric that’s fitted through the hip and thigh area will help lift your buttocks. Too much lycra and your jeans may start to ripple like a pair of leggings. If there’s not enough cotton content, there won’t be enough structure to hold you up. It’s all in the pockets – The most effective trick for creating the illusion of a bigger butt is to choose jeans with flap pockets. The added bulk of the flap will enhance and add dimension to your tiny tush. True Religion is notoriously famous for their flap pocket designs. You can also try Hudson, Rock & Republic, Frankie B and Paige for addition flap pocket styles. Pocket placement – If you’re not a fan of flap pockets, or if you’ve already bought too many of them, you can also try denim with regular pockets. Be sure to aim for a pair with smaller pockets that sit higher and this will help make your rear look lifted. Cut is also important – Look for jeans with a slight tapering at www.coachfactoryonliness.com/ Coach Factory Online the knee, such as a straight leg or skinny style. This cut will make your bum look a bit larger in comparison to the rest of your body. Great styles to try are True Religion Billy, Julie or Stella, Siwy Harmah or Rose, and Hudson Emily or Paige. How low can you go – Actually, you don’t want to go too low when it comes to the jean rise. The goal is to project more, not less. A pair of low rise denim will only reduce the size of your rear. Instead, opt for a pair with a medium rise. Color me right – Since dark colors minimize, dark denim and indigo will create a slimming effect. You do not want this kind of effect on your barely there behind! Try to find light colored or medium blue denim. Grey is very flattering and will also work. Like a great bra, butt enhancing jeans can also lift and www.coachfactoryoutletusa.com/ Coach Factory Outlet separate what little you have. So it wasn’t in your genes to have a nice, round bottom. Big deal. Be happy with what you’ve got and just improvise!

Sep 15, 2012 4:26am
User_img_not_found_05_med xiao123 35 posts

Celine Handbags 2012 There are affluence associated with at broad prices clothes providers just about all through the nation. It is accessible to locate all of them in your breadth or college the net. Nevertheless, it is accessible to acquisition the greatest offers whenever you abundance through Hard anodized cookware appearance at broad prices producers. One of these simple at broad prices providers in the arena is in fact CausewayMall, that is additionally the at broad prices on the internet retail centermost acceptable acutely recammended Celine Outlet.

Lots of the absolute shops at broad prices ladies accouterment is in fact fabricated up of things that accept some fun designs. You will acquisition off-shoulder or even drop-shoulder tops. There are Celine Bags several blouses that accept balloon-sleeves, although Shop Celine Bags some cover big bows. Apart from at broad celine auction bag prices appearance fabric, there’s aswell add-ons. These types of add-ons tend to be fabricated up of socks as able-bodied as caps. You’re provided forth with styles for archetype checky socks or even adjustable socks.

Anklet bracelets tend to be a part of the best as able-bodied as occurring articles aural the appearance business these days. You will acquisition accordingly assorted kinds of all of them currently accessible which they may be accepted as the aspect business aural the appearance marketplace. These types of could be produced from a amount of abstracts such as types of steel, bedrock or even Celine Luggage Bag Tote fabric, and so on. These types of are accessible in just about all admeasurement and shapes.

Sep 20, 2012 12:48am
User_img_not_found_02_med woolrichsale 13 posts

woolrich outlet woolrich outlet
woolrich woolen mills woolrich woolen mills
woolrich jacket woolrich jacket
woolrich jacket outlet woolrich jacket outlet
http://www.woolrichwoolenmills.net/

vans shoes vans shoes 
vans shoes canada vans shoes canada 
vans canada vans canada 
http://www.vansshoescanada.net/

Sep 28, 2012 4:25am
User_img_not_found_02_med syang121 8 posts

North Face Outlet http://www.northfaceoutletberkeleysale.com/
North Face Outlet berkeley http://www.northfaceoutletberkeleysale.com/
canada goose outlet http://www.canadagoosemall.com/
canada goose jacket http://www.canadagoosemall.com/
supreme clothing http://www.supremeclothingonline.net/
supreme hats http://www.supremeclothingonline.net/

Oct 3, 2012 2:33am
User_img_not_found_02_med wunai 103 posts

Thanks to the answers was possible to Tods shoes evaluate the intensity of use and the question of the distinction in purchasing. Women need a bag to carry their belongings, that’s for sure. Leather bags, women nowTods UK  have the flexibility and class beyond what I ever thought. The serious fashion lovers will love the leather bags thanks to its versatility, high quality and elegant style. With brands like Tod tods women shoes, Cole Haan,Tods Outlet   Rebecca Minkoff, among many others, is nothing but leather bags and upscale beyond amazing. Hogan shoes outlet The design is based on a conceptLouis Vuitton UK of minimal interference between your feet and the floor.

Oct 24, 2012 1:41am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 4:16am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose affordable Cardigan.Luxury has always been synonymous with fur and leather and this year a faux fur Canada Goose Jackets Outlet will surely be the key piece of your wardrobe.

Nov 5, 2012 8:46pm
User_img_not_found_06_med luoqi 117 posts

louis vuitton
alma

the gridlock in Congress.In my next column I will get to the
question of why we waste so much healthcare healthcare louis vuitton alma
healthcare money and what we can do to attack this problem. I say “critical”
because if healthcare inflation continues at at cheap louis vuitton
handbags
at the rate of the last several decades – two three times the
general inflation rate – we will face face louis vuitton factory
outlet
face national bankruptcy sooner than we might think!Zumba
Instructor Denies Her Gym for ProstitutionList of Prostitution Client’s Names
May Be Be replica designer
handbags
Be Released This WeekBy COLLEEN CURRYOct. 10, 2012— A Zumba in
the seaside resort town of Kennebunk, Maine, is fighting fighting cheap louis vuitton
handbags
fighting charges that she used her workout studio as a and
her alleged client list includes area mayors, a lawyer lawyer

louis vuitton
monogram

lawyer involved in the case said.Alexis Wright, 29, and her and
former business partner, Mark Strong, 57, both pleaded not not louis vuitton factory
outlet
not guilty Tuesday to charges of prostitution and promoting
prostitution, to an indictment filed last month in York County, Wright Wright

louis vuitton
outlet

Wright was using her Zumba gym, Pura Vida Studio, to sex with men
in exchange for money, ABC News affiliate affiliate louis vuitton alma
affiliate WMTW reported. She allegedly had a video camera set in the room to
film the acts as well.Strong was was

louis vuitton
alma

was charged with promoting prostitution as well invasion of privacy
his role in setting up the camera and connecting it it cheap designer handbags it to the
internet to record individuals without their knowledge, to WMTW’s
reports.Wright’s attorney did not immediately return calls for for louis vuitton outlet
for comment today.Daniel Lilley, Strong’s attorney, says his client denies
involvement in a prostitution business. Strong loaned Wright money to to

cheap replica handbags

Nov 7, 2012 3:00am

jordan 11 concords

his
battle with anxiety. Sorrentino has his own line of out DVDs and DelVecchio is a
popular DJ who has has designer replica
handbags
has opened for Britney Spears and plays almost weekly in
Vegas.But just because the series is ending, doesn’t mean the the

moncler down
jackets

the fun stops for the “Jersey Shore” cast.”It might be final
season premiere of the #JerseyShore on Thursday but #GTL #GTL

fake designer handbags

#GTL never
stops,” JWoww tweeted Sept. 30.Click through to see craziest moments from the
past five seasons at the Shore. Shore. moncler jackets men Shore.
Spa Cosmetic Procedures Can Be RiskySpas Not Be the Safest Places for Cosmetic
ProceduresBY LIZ NEPORENTOct. NEPORENTOct. moncler outlet NEPORENTOct.
4, 2012— A Florida woman’s quest for more youthful turned deadly this past July
when her face became dangerously dangerously designer replica handbags dangerously
swollen after she received vitamin injections at a day Gonzalez paid nearly $900
for “facial rejuvenation” injections at Viviana’s Viviana’s cheap jordans for sale
Viviana’s Body Secrets Spa in Doral, Fla. After receiving the her face started
to swell and became infected, and she she knockoff handbags she soon landed in
the hospital, where she spent more two months. Doctors fear her face may be
permanently deformed.The deformed.The

moncler jackets
men

deformed.The spa owner, Viviana Ayala, was arrested this week on
that included aggravated battery and practicing medicine without a license,
license, cheap moncler
jackets
license, according to a report from the Doral Police Department.
wasn’t trained or certified to deliver facial injections. She wasn’t wasn’t

jordan 11

wasn’t even
a licensed massage therapist as she advertised on website. Ayala, according to
the Miami Herald and other news news fake
designer handbags
news sources, has denied all charges against her.
Neither Ayala her lawyer, Milena Abreu, could be reached for comment.Experts are
are

jordan 11

Jan 26, 2013 10:46pm

cheap replica
handbags

that “anytime after 9 o’clock would be suitable.”“She’s quite
stable the moment. She hasn’t had any retching … since I’ve I’ve replica designer handbags
I’ve been on duty. And she has been sleeping on off. I think it’s difficult
sleeping in a strange bed bed cheap replica designer
handbags
bed as well,” the nurse said.The hospital apologized for the
call was transferred through to a ward, and a short short replica Christian
Louboutin
short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff,”
hospital said in a statement. “King Edward VII’s Hospital deeply deeply cheap louboutins deeply
regrets this incident.”“This was a foolish prank call that all deplore,” John
Lofthouse, the hospital’s chief executive, said in in replica Christian
Louboutin
in the statement. “We take patient confidentiality extremely
seriously, and are now reviewing our telephone protocols.”The radio station also
apologized apologized cheap louboutins
apologized for the prank call.”2Day FM sincerely apologizes for any caused by
the inquiry to Kate’s hospital. The radio segment segment

cheap Christian
Louboutin

segment was done with lighthearted intentions,” the station
said in statement.”We were very surprised that our call was put through.
through. cheap replica
handbags
through. We thought we’d be hung up on as soon they heard our
terrible accents,” the radio hosts said in in cheap replica designer
handbags
in the statement. “We’re very sorry if we’ve caused any and
we’re glad to hear that Kate is doing well. well. cheap replica handbags well.
We wish Kate and her family all the best.”ABC Bruno Roeber contributed to this
report.T-Mobile Finally Getting Apple iPhone iPhone red bottom shoes iPhone
in 2013T-Mobile Will be the Last Major U.S. Carrier Offer the iPhone. By JOANNA
STERN Dec. 7, 2012 — — red bottom shoes — Are
you a T-Mobile customer? Been waiting to an iPhone? Five years after the iPhone
originally launched launched cheap Christian
Louboutin
launched in 2007, T-Mobile will finally start carrying it.It
might be as buzz worthy as when Verizon finally got the the replica designer handbags the
iPhone back in 2011, but it’s going to be pretty big deal for T-Mobile
subscribers next year, when the the

Christian Louboutin
Outlet

the carrier starts selling Apple products.”T-Mobile has entered
into an with Apple to bring products to market together next year. year.
replica designer
handbags
year. Additional details will be made available at a later
T-Mobile spokesperson told ABC News.T-Mobile wouldn’t elaborate on the exact
exact

Christian Louboutin
Outlet

Forums BUGmodules VonHippel and Keyboard