BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGmodules Van hippel lights

Subscribe to Van hippel lights  8 posts, 2 voices

Feb 18, 2011 2:30pm
User_img_not_found_05_med shaft 7 posts

What does the orange light mean on the van hippel. It usualy goes to green then off when the bug starts up but it just stays on.

Feb 22, 2011 2:57pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Hi Shaft,

Can you give me some information about what version bugbase you’re using?  Are you also running any bug applications?

The default behavior for the LEDs is to blink only on recognition, then go off, unless a program (like a bug-app) is setting them back on.

If you have some more steps to recreate your scenario I’ll be able to help you.

Feb 25, 2011 8:17pm

Ok I have not had the same problem again once i took the programs off.

Mar 3, 2011 10:46pm

Ok so i think i took off bug dash and now i cant put it back on.  I downloaded BugDash in to dragonfly then the com.buglabs.osgi.sewing. The app bug dash has a red x on webadmin and webadmin. controller( under ApplicationController.java) and it under lines this.skip_action and the return type RedirectInfo in the getRedirectInfo() method and doRedirect() method.

Is there an easyer way to download BugDash or BugDash2?

Mar 4, 2011 2:19pm

Can you give me some info about your setup?  bugbase2?  what’s the contents of /etc/buildinfo on bugbase?

Mar 11, 2011 4:46pm

I have a bugbase YT. We also have a bug stinger hooked to a linksys router then to the computer. I also have the serial working through the mini USB.  The bugbase had an LCD display , von hippel , and a camera. 

It started to act up again this time the flash from the camera did not turn off when the orange light.  It seemed that something did not load something when i was looking at the terminal.  It said 2 out of 3 did not load or something but i have not been able to get a good test case going.

I am still haveing trouble with loading bugdash through the SDK. I was wondering if i could copy the bugdash.java from usr/share/java (something close to that dir) through serial from one bug to another. If so how?

Sorry for not being able to get back to you about the bug sooner i have been on break away from the lab.

Mar 11, 2011 5:01pm

I have a bugbase YT. We also have a bug stinger hooked to a linksys router then to the computer. I also have the serial working through the mini USB.  The bugbase had an LCD display , von hippel , and a camera. 

It started to act up again this time the flash from the camera did not turn off when the orange light.  It seemed that something did not load something when i was looking at the terminal.  It said 2 out of 3 did not load or something but i have not been able to get a good test case going.

hmm if it happens again the contents of /var/log/messages are of interest to me.  That will tell me what is going on with your module loading.

I am still haveing trouble with loading bugdash through the SDK. I was wondering if i could copy the bugdash.java from usr/share/java (something close to that dir) through serial from one bug to another. If so how?

Sorry for not being able to get back to you about the bug sooner i have been on break away from the lab.

No problem, I would suggest:

Use bugdash2 only.  You may want the latest testing build of the SDK:

http://wiki.buglabs.net/index.php/Software:SDK_…

use this updatesite URL: http://www.buglabs.net/sdk/testing/current/upda…

You can copy the jar from bug to bug via SSH, though I’m not certain I understand why you’d want to.  But if you did:

bug1:

root@bug20:# scp /usr/share/java/apps/bugdash2.jar <ipaddress_of_bug2>:/usr/share/java/apps/

bug2:

root@bug20:# /etc/init.d/felix stop

root@bug20:# rm -fr /var/volatile/felix-cache

root@bug20:# /etc/init.d/felix restart && tail -f /var/log/felix.log

Mar 13, 2011 7:30pm

Ok I was able to send the bugdash2 from one bug to the other and now i have bugdash2 again. Thanks

Forums BUGmodules Van hippel lights