BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGmodules Using Integration Builds?

Subscribe to Using Integration Builds?  2 posts, 2 voices

May 20, 2008 10:55pm
Img_missing_medium afritz 24 posts

I’m attempting to use the integration build so that I can make use of the accelerometer. I basically tried to use the procedure every way I could. However, eclipse always claimed there was nothing available because the release version was installed. I could not find a way to uninstall the feature set.

In the end the only way I could get it to install the integration version was to blow away my .eclipse directory. That worked but seems a bit harsh to change sdk versions. Is there a way to uninstall one version and install a new version?

May 21, 2008 12:03am
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

In Eclipse, if you go to Help/Software Updates/Manage Configuration, a dialog should pop up. The first entry in there for me is /Users/dave/eclipse but you should have something similar. Under there you should find, amongst other things, something like "Dragonfly SDK 1.0.0.5". If you click on that, the right hand half of the dialog should give you two options: Disable, and Show Properties. You can’t uninstall a feature while it’s in use, so choose Disable. Say No when it asks you to restart and just quit and restart Eclipse yourself – I’ve found that Eclipse often hangs on a restart when reloading Dragonfly (of course it might not in this case since you just disabled it, but it’s a habit I’m in now).

Go back into Manage Configuration and be sure to check the third icon from the left, which sort of looks like a loudspeaker and has a tooltip of "Show Disabled Features". Then find Dragonfly again and you should find there’s now an Uninstall option. Choose and and restart and you should have gotten rid of Dragonfly and be ready to try installing it again. Just make sure you edit your SDK URL to be …/integration/... to pick up the integration build.

Forums BUGmodules Using Integration Builds?