BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGmodules BUGview Slot Restrictions

Subscribe to BUGview Slot Restrictions  3 posts, 2 voices

Apr 29, 2008 9:00pm
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

It seems as if BUGview only works in the top-right or bottom-right slots of the BUGbase. For me, if I put it in the top-left or bottom-left slots it shows only multi-coloured pixels all over the screen. Is this expected? I thought I saw John say something about slots 1 and 3 but I don’t know where the numbering starts.

Are there any other slot restrictions?

Apr 29, 2008 9:21pm
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

I see that top-left is slot 0 from the menu on the bug, 1 is top-right, 2 is bottom-left and 3 is bottom-right. So 1 and 3 matches what I thought I saw John mention.

Apr 30, 2008 9:22pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

finsprings
I see that top-left is slot 0 from the menu on the bug, 1 is top-right, 2 is bottom-left and 3 is bottom-right. So 1 and 3 matches what I thought I saw John mention.

You're right, until the next release we've limited the display to render only on frame-buffer 1 (/dev/fb1), which displays on the BUGview module in slots 1 and 3. We ran into some configuration and driver complications with the dual LCDs or dual xservers. We're working on that now and hope to have it sorted out soon.

It is worth mentioning though that normal display on slots 0 and 2 is the random pixelated data that you've described. A white "flashlight" effect is indicative of a problem, usually remedied with a restart.

The only other restriction of module placement is with the BUGcam and BUGview modules. The problem occurs when these two modules are connected on opposing sides of the BUGbase, (slots 1 and 3, or 0 and 2). I believe this stems from from a power control problem in the driver, which we also hope to have solved with the next kernel and rootfilesystem release.
Forums BUGmodules BUGview Slot Restrictions