BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase Power usage and connectivity

Subscribe to Power usage and connectivity  4 posts, 3 voices

Sep 6, 2008 12:55pm
Img_missing_medium Jannick 2 posts

Hi

I'm hoping to use the bug as a always-on home controller, by having it connect with rs-232 to my receiver and over ethernet to my zwave controller appliance. To that end I have a few questions:

• What is the power usage of the bugbase
  • (AC)?
  • Is ethernet and rs-232 connectivity possible today, or does it come later in a new module or a "breakout-box" for the connector on the bug-base? In that case, any idea of when they will arrive?
  • Any news on a cable to connect modules with the base? I would like to use the PIR module, but do not want the entire bugbase with serial, ethernet and power cables to be visible.

Thanks in advance
Sep 8, 2008 6:03pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Jannick

Is ethernet and rs-232 connectivity possible today, or does it come later in a new module or a "breakout-box" for the connector on the bug-base? In that case, any idea of when they will arrive?

Ethernet and RS-232 are available through the handylink pinouts on the rear of the BUGbase. Re: serial on the handylink port, you may find this thread informative:
http://bugcommunity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=320l

Re: Ethernet on the handylink terminal, you may find this thread informative:
http://bugcommunity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=315

The pinouts are available here: http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Handylink_Pinouts

There are also RS-232 pinouts for each of the module slots. The breakout module (vonHippel) exposes these RS-232 outs, enabling you to use the module as a serial simple RS-232 IO device if you so choose.

We are also releasing WiFi modules, which may answer the ethernet question for you.

Jannick

Any news on a cable to connect modules with the base? I would like to use the PIR module, but do not want the entire bugbase with serial, ethernet and power cables to be visible.

Our product development team is actively working to bring simple samtec connector cables to our community. When I have something more concrete for you, you'll be the first to know.
:)

Jannick

What is the power usage of the bugbase (AC)?

I'll have to get back to you on this one. I should know this off of the top of my head but I don't actually write code for power management.
Sep 16, 2008 12:59pm
Img_missing_medium Jannick 2 posts

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I’m not really into the whole roll-your-own-hardware thing, so Ill have to wait for the relevant modules or breakout boxes to come out (the high-level-language on low-level hardware is the main reason I find the bug interessting, my skills and interests are not for low-level work). Did you manage to dig any info up on power usage?

Jan 8, 2013 9:34pm
User_img_not_found_04_med Ammy 26 posts

For those who had to wear a princess wedding dresses that would be used for
regular occasions after the wedding, many brides would decorate the dress for
the special day with temporary decorations.The “traditional” wedding guest dresses as known today didn’t appear
until the 1800’s. By 1800, machine made fabrics and inexpensive muslins made the
white dress with a veil the prevailing fashion. By the nineteenth century, a
bride wearing her bridal and
formal
after the wedding was accepted. Re-trimming the dress made
it appropriate for many different functions.As times passed, women’s fashions
changed. Hems rose and fell, but the long bridal dresses designers, with or without a train,
remained the length preferred by brides. Sleeve lengths and neck styles changed
with the current fashions, but mainly remained modest. Full sleeves, tight
sleeves, sleeveless styles bridal fashion came and went and came again. Simple
designs to elaborate have been found over the years.

Forums BUGbase Power usage and connectivity