BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase Launching apps on bugbase?

Subscribe to Launching apps on bugbase?  14 posts, 3 voices

Apr 18, 2008 1:14pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

Ok. I have three apps on the bugbase but I cannot figure out how to launch them.
What do i do?

Apr 18, 2008 1:40pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

ctuller
Ok. I have three apps on the bugbase but I cannot figure out how to launch them.
What do i do?

ctuller,

The BUG uses an OSGi runtime to handle various applications. BUG Applications should launch once the required modules are inserted. Which applications have you sent to your BUG? For example, kschultz's BasicCalculator app requires only the BUGview module. If the LCD module is inserted when the application is sent to the BUG, it will show up immediately. Otherwise, it will not begin running until the BUGview module is inserted, upon module recognition.

[/url]
Apr 18, 2008 2:11pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

I’ve tried SimpleGUI, SnapandShakeSlideshow, and simplecamera.
I have the right modules installed.

Apr 18, 2008 2:18pm

ctuller
I've tried SimpleGUI, SnapandShakeSlideshow, and simplecamera.
I have the right modules installed.

When you plug the BUGview module into slot 1 or 3 (the two slots above or below the joystick), do you see xserver running, and xeyes? something likes this:

Apr 18, 2008 3:26pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

nope. just a blank screen.

Apr 18, 2008 3:42pm

ctuller
nope. just a blank screen.

Blank as in static, or blank as in white? When you power the BUGbase on, do you see the animation on the base LCD, and then the clock? How have you been sending the applications to the BUG? Via the SDK?
Apr 18, 2008 3:59pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

When I power on, the bugbase lcd play the animation then shows clock and an icon for each module attached.
The attached lcd module shows nothing. It appears black as if it has no power.

I used Eclipse/sdk to send the apps to the bugbase via usb.

Apr 18, 2008 4:08pm

ctuller
When I power on, the bugbase lcd play the animation then shows clock and an icon for each module attached.

Just to be clear, there is an icon on the BUGbase display for the BUGview module? This would indicate that the module is receiving power and is recognized by hotplug, the driver, and all the way up through the Application/OSGi layer. Yet, it isn't displaying.

Is this true for each of the four slots? If so, please describe any BUGview activity you may see by gently pressing the LCD module onto the BUGbase.
Apr 18, 2008 4:14pm

jconnolly
[quote:4cdf83a541="ctuller"]When I power on, the bugbase lcd play the animation then shows clock and an icon for each module attached.

Just to be clear, there is an icon on the BUGBase display for the LCD module? This would indicate that the module is receiving power and is recognized by hotplug, the driver, and all the way up through the Application/OSGi layer. Yet, it isn't displaying.

Is this true for each of the four slots? If so, please describe any LCD activity you may see by gently pressing the LCD module onto the BUGBase.[/quote:4cdf83a541]

ctuller, if it is more convenient for you, I can address this in real-time on our IRC channel. irc.freenode.net, #buglabs. You can also call us toll-free at 1-866-9BUGLAB.
Apr 18, 2008 4:14pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

I get the same results for all four slots.
The BUGbase lcd shows an icon for the bugview module.
There is no activity on the bugview modual screen.

Apr 18, 2008 4:39pm

ctuller
I get the same results for all four slots.
The BUGbase lcd shows an icon for the bugview module.
There is no activity on the bugview modual screen.

Let's try sending an application to the BUG that does not require the LCD module. From within the SDK, select the Search button in the BUGNet view. Search for NightRider and download it to the SDK. Send the application to your BUG. Do LEDs on the face of the BUGBase light up in a back-and-forth pattern?
Apr 18, 2008 4:45pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

Knight rider works.
Although I miss the little vroom vroom sound :) or was that the cylons.

Feb 28, 2009 9:42pm
Img_missing_medium duskglow 1 post

What was the resolution to this? I am having the exact same issue.

Mar 2, 2009 10:43am

duskglow
What was the resolution to this? I am having the exact same issue.

Try sshing into your BUG and cat /var/log/messages or dmesg. If you could pastbin the messages, it would be more helpful... especially after various insertions/removals.
Forums BUGbase Launching apps on bugbase?