BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase Vista64?

Subscribe to Vista64?  11 posts, 7 voices

Apr 17, 2008 11:30am
Medium ctuller 14 posts

It didn’t occur to me that this might be a problem, but I noticed that there is no specific 64bit driver for the Linux ethernet/rndis gadget.

Does one exist?

thanks,
Chris

Apr 17, 2008 12:53pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

Hi, ctuller.

Microsoft actually provides the driver, but I'm not sure if it works on Vista64 or not. You can get more details about it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/NDIS/rndis.mspx

Unfortunately, Vista64 is incredibly non-flexible when it comes to drivers, based on its driver signing requirements, etc.

The linux.inf file that we use is pretty widely available across various locations on the internet, as well as instructions for modifying it for working with XP64. I'm not sure if the XP64 instructions will work on Vista64, but you can try it out.

Here are instructions I've seen at several sites across the web for modifying the linux.inf file for use on XP64:

Original:

[Manufacturer] %Linux% = LinuxDevices,NT.5.1

[LinuxDevices]

; NetChip IDs, used by both firmware modes %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2

[LinuxDevices.NT.5.1] %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS.NT.5.1, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2

Change to:

[Manufacturer] %Linux% = LinuxDevices,NTamd64

[LinuxDevices]

; NetChip IDs, used by both firmware modes %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2

[LinuxDevices.NTamd64] %LinuxDevice% = RNDIS.NT.5.1, USB\VID_0525&PID_a4a2
Apr 17, 2008 1:36pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

Thanks. I’ll play around and see what I can do.
I guess I can always fire up the mac and do the work there…

Apr 17, 2008 11:38pm
Medium ctuller 14 posts

:D
I found a 64bit driver that works.

Apr 21, 2008 8:17am
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Hi Chris,

For the potential benefit to others, what driver did you find that worked?

Apr 21, 2008 11:32am
Medium ctuller 14 posts

I used this info http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb5009…
and Al’s suggestion of the NTamd64 change.

Jan 6, 2009 3:16am
Img_missing_medium Alphamacaroon 6 posts

I’ve tried all of this, but can’t get it to work. Can you perhaps post the .inf file that worked for you? Thanks.

-alpha

Jan 6, 2009 9:30am
Medium Bug Labs team cmw 15 posts

This will work on vista64 http://bug.cmw.me/bugvista64.inf

Oct 24, 2012 1:11am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 3:54am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose affordable Cardigan.Luxury has always been synonymous with fur and leather and this year a faux fur Canada Goose Jackets Outlet will surely be the key piece of your wardrobe.

Oct 30, 2012 2:33am
User_img_not_found_04_med wangly 62 posts

not, his brother-in-law said.Mills told his brother-in-law that he couldn’t
his fingers and toes and not to lie to him.”Travis, him.”Travis, replica designer handbags
him.”Travis, you don’t have them anymore but you’re alive,” Mills his saying. “I
said OK.”His limbs could not be saved saved designer replica handbags saved and
Mills lost most of both arms and both have a lot of emotions. At first you’re
upset. Why Why designer replica
handbags
Why did it happen? What did I do wrong? Am a bad person?” he
said. “Then you realize it just just designer replica handbags just
happened because it happens. There’s no reason to dwell the past or live in the
past. I have a a

replica designer handbags

Forums BUGbase Vista64?