BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase Basic set-up

Subscribe to Basic set-up  4 posts, 2 voices

Dec 8, 2009 1:09pm
User_img_not_found_05_med Edrae 25 posts

Hi,

I just get my Bug and have problems to set-up my pc to reach it.
I’m not new in Linux but configuration is most important computer nightmare… with networking… I’m a pure programmer.
Let begin with my OS : my Linux is a Mandriva 2009.1.
I try to follow the starting guide but I get problem in every steps :

a) Set-up ifplugd : I don’t achieve to run « sudo dpkg-reconfigure ifplugd » so I add this line « sudo dpkg-reconfigure ifplugd » to ifplugd.conf. Is that right ?
b) I don’t have the etc/network/interfaces file. It’ seems that it is because I have shorewall. The shorewall.conf file is a bit complex for me. How can I have the same behavior than with the classic interface file as shown in the start guide ?
c) I don’t understand why sometimes we configure the bug with the ip address 10.10.10.1 because the bug address is 10.10.10.10.
d) I don’t want to code under windows, so please help me solve that !

After that I will try to get Internet with my bug…

Thank you for your answers and forgave my english as it is not my tongue.

Dec 8, 2009 5:27pm

Ok, it seems to work a little : I can touch my bug, I can send it apps.

... but the bug shut down by itself and I don’t find my apps on.

Dec 9, 2009 12:44pm

I figure out my problems !

Why it shut down ? Because battery was not at max charge and power consumption is greater than I thought :(

Why I didn’t found my apps ? Because I put the LCD module on slot 1 and since the newer version we have to put it on slot 0 or 3 to get them.

So it’s cool even if I don’t reach network on integrated wifi. Give it up and start programming :)

Dec 11, 2009 2:09pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Glad you got it working Edrae, also don’t forget that we have our irc channel on freenode.  If you need real-time help, pop in there and someone is usually around to guide you.

Forums BUGbase Basic set-up