BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase Bugwifi and windows-xp

Subscribe to Bugwifi and windows-xp  27 posts, 12 voices , Tagged: bugbase

Sep 21, 2009 1:04pm
User_img_not_found_01_med buguser 17 posts

Hi,

I got my bug-kit with bugwifi. I  was able to connect all bug-modules and verify that they are working including wifi-connectivity.

However , i am not able to install the linux.inf driver from my windows-xp laptop. I downloaded the driver from the website.

1. As soon as i plugin the bug-wifi, windows-xp detects it installs the driver which crashes the bugwifi   (within seconds) and the driver installation process gets stuck. It did not create any network connection either.

2. On reboot of bug-wifi, windows xp detects it and in a few seconds bug-wifi crashes

3. On reboot of windows-xp  same thing.

Need to know , if there is an updated linux.inf for bugwifi or if there is something else i need to do.

Thanks

Sep 22, 2009 10:23am
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Hello buguser,

We have verified and tested that USB networking on Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) does indeed work, and that the driver installation should be fine.  Can you give me some more information about what you’re seeing go wrong?

1) Windows installs the driver automatically?  Are you sure that you installed linux.inf manually? 

2) What do you mean by crashes the BUG?  Does the base LCD menu navigate?  Can you touch the LCD screen and get responsiveness? 

On another note, USB networking is cumbersome and, especially within windows—where bridging the RNDIS/Gadget traffic out through another interface can be annoying—pretty limiting.  Is there a particular reason you’re interested in USB networking instead of wifi?

Sep 22, 2009 1:23pm

hello jconnolly,

thanks for the update.

bugwifi crashes while installing the driver, (screen does not respond, buttons on the front panel LCD dont respond, loses wifi connectivity, cannot interact with bugwifi at all)

(tried on couple of different xp laptops, same issue, i am just going through the startup sequence as mentioned on the bug site)

Another question, does it work with xp and sp2 ?

Also i need the ethernet over USB so that i can connect dragonfly to download apps ?

can it do over wifi ?

Sep 22, 2009 1:32pm

I’m sorry buguser I’ve never seen a lockup on the BUG side as a result of USB networking.  One thing you can try is to change where syslogd saves the kernel messages (presumably from ssh over wifi):

vi /etc/syslog.conf

change the line where it says:

LOGFILE=/var/log/messages

to

LOGFILE=/home/root/messages

/etc/init.d/syslog restart

Try the driver again, and if it freezes, next time give me the content of that log.

Sep 22, 2009 3:37pm

thanks jconnolly,

i will try that out,

also, is it possible to use dragonfly over wifi ?

Sep 22, 2009 3:44pm

Absolutely, though jslp (the API that allows for the automatic disovery of your BUG from within the SDK) tends to be a bit flaky.  If your BUG doesn’t come up automatically, you can manually define the IP address of your BUG within the “My BUGs” view:

Right click in My BUGs view pane

Select New BUG Connection

Enter name and IP address of BUG

If you’re not sure of your BUGs ip address, you can always use the base menu to determine it:

Settings->IPAddress->eth1

Sep 23, 2009 1:29pm

jconnolly,

thanks a bunch, i was able to add the bug over wifi and transfer a few programs to it from dragonfly on Ubuntu.

wifi-connection is bit flaky but ok.

i was trying to download BugGraph and it needs libSWT and SWTDisplayProvider, which i downloaded but still seems like some java classes in SWTDisplayProvider cannot find the libSWT libraries, i see a cross on SWTDisplayProvider in dragonfly, how can i tell dragonfly about the newly downloaded libraries and java classes ?

Sep 23, 2009 2:17pm

Yeah I didn’t write that one but it looks like there’s something weird going on where if you build the project, or clean it (like if you have Build Automatically checked in the project menu) it will erase all those class files because there are no .java (source) files in the libSWT project.  I would comment on kschultz’s libswt app and ask him to include the sources for that reason.

Sep 24, 2009 2:03am

jconnolly ,

even though i am able to send java apps to bug successfully, sometimes the apps dont get started , the concierge log does not show tha the corresponding jar is invoked, what might be wrong ?

Sep 24, 2009 3:39am

see the following in concierge log when transfering LCDbright to the bug

————————————————————————————-
Tue Jan 27 10:57:44 UTC 1970 AppManager checking /usr/share/java/apps/LCDbright.jar
Tue Jan 27 10:57:44 UTC 1970 Ignoring dead app /usr/share/java/apps/LCDbright.jar

Sep 24, 2009 2:00pm

Hi Buguser,

This can happen if there is something that went wrong loading the application (i.e. an exception is raised the first time the app is loaded).  The UserAppManager prevents the app from trying to load again, thereby (in theory) preventing the app from bringing down the framework.  To clean out the cached erring apps, you can remove the jar from /usr/share/java/apps, and clean out storage with

/etc/init.d/concierge stop

rm -fr /usr/share/java/storage

/etc/init.d/concierge start

You should then  be able to try loading the app again, and get more relevant stacktrace information about the erring app.

Sep 24, 2009 2:04pm
Medium Bug Labs team bballantine 56 posts

buguser,

There may be a couple of reasons an app won’t start.  Many of them are written to depend on certain modules being plugged in or OSGi services available.  When you see “ignoring dead app” in your log, it usually means that somehow the app failed and the OSGi environment put it in a state where you can’t use it.  I’m not sure why it happened, but re-uploading the same application should solve it.  Otherwise, you might have to clean out the Concierge (OSGi) storage directory.

There are instructions on how to do that here: http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Reset_BUG, you can also ssh into the BUG and remove the /usr/share/java/storage directory.  Some (not many) BUG apps save data in that storage dir and in both cases, that data will be lost.

-Brian

Sep 24, 2009 2:06pm
Medium Bug Labs team bballantine 56 posts

Oh… heh… I see jconnolly already responded.  Collision!

Sep 24, 2009 8:03pm
Medium Bug Labs team kschultz 107 posts

Buguser,

Have you checked out this post? http://community.buglabs.net/kschultz/posts/137…

BUG uses AWT by default because it is a better cross platform choice than SWT. AWT does basically everything in Java with a platform specific peer, SWT does almost everything natively with just a Java wrapper. That makes it faster and more full featured, but a pain to work on multiple systems.

What you need are a set of class binaries for SWT for your host machine, and a set of class binaries on the BUG. The ones in libSWT are for the BUG. Do not clean it after downloading, that will wipe the class files and rebuild them incorrectly (or not at all). So just download it straight and put it onto the BUG.

For developing on the host machine you will have to link up the SWT binaries that come with eclipse to your app. The simple way is to add them to your classpath and write as a standard SWT app, and then right before you put it on the BUG switch to using the SWTDisplayProvider osgi service. The more robust way is to unjar your host SWT binary, fix the manifest, and rejar it and use SWTDisplayProvider the whole time.  The first way may be more straightforward.

If you are having trouble with it I’ll be happy to walk you through it in more detail. I haven’t actually tried it on Windows but I can if need be.

Sep 25, 2009 1:01am

thanks kschultz and jconnolly,

i was able to start restart the LCDBright apps after removing the storage directory,

after trying to install some more apps, i got into an issue where i cannot connect to my bug,,

i get the following error on eclipse

Unable to connect to bugagain
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.1.66:-1/program

and on bug i get the following in /var/log/messages

Jan 28 08:14:57 bug authpriv.info dropbear4426: Child connection from ::ffff:192.168.1.67:51257

Sep 25, 2009 3:04am

with some luck i was able to get back my connection to the bug from eclipse over wifi

and i was trying the BUGGraph as per the instructions above, however i see the foll error after libswt is sent to bug

Wed Jan 28 10:07:48 UTC 1970 Failed to start new application bundle: /usr/share/java/apps/SWTDisplayProvider.jar
        Exception: Error starting bundle Bundle [43]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/SWTDisplayProvider.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error starting bundle Bundle [43]: file:/usr/share/java/apps/SWTDisplayProvider.jar
        at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleImpl.startBundle(Unknown Source)
        at ch.ethz.iks.concierge.framework.BundleImpl.start(Unknown Source)
        at com.buglabs.bug.program.UserAppManager.startApp(Unknown Source)
        at com.buglabs.bug.program.UserAppManager.processQueue(Unknown Source)

Sep 27, 2009 10:13pm

kschultz,

===============================

Buguser,

Have you checked out this post? http://community.buglabs.net/kschultz/posts/137…

BUG uses AWT by default because it is a better cross platform choice than SWT. AWT does basically everything in Java with a platform specific peer, SWT
does almost everything natively with just a Java wrapper. That makes it
faster and more full featured, but a pain to work on multiple systems.

What you need are a set of class binaries for SWT for your host machine, and a set of class binaries on the BUG. The ones in libSWT are for the BUG.
Do not clean it after downloading, that will wipe the class files and
rebuild them incorrectly (or not at all). So just download it straight
and put it onto the BUG.

For developing on the host machine you will have to link up the SWT binaries that come with eclipse to your app. The simple way is to add them to your classpath and write as a standard SWT app, and then right before you put it on the BUG switch to using the SWTDisplayProvider osgi service. The more robust way is to unjar your host SWT binary, fix the manifest, and rejar it and use SWTDisplayProvider the whole time.  The first way may be more straightforward.

If
you are having trouble with it I’ll be happy to walk you through it in
more detail. I haven’t actually tried it on Windows but I can if need
be.

=======================================================

can u pls explain what do you mean by switch to using SWTDisplayProvider osgi service ?

i am following the steps

1. From eclipse use send-to-bug option to send libSWT to bug

2. From eclipse use send-to-bug option to send SWTDisplayProvider to bug

(i get errors for missing classes which are part of libSWT)

i also tried doing scp of libSWT.jar and SWTDisplayProvider.jar to bug and than using istart for SWTDIsplayProvider in init.xargs file, still get the same error

thanks for your attention to the matter.

Sep 29, 2009 11:37pm
Medium Bug Labs team kschultz 107 posts

Lets say you have a class MyApp that you are currently passing an SWT Display object to in the constructor.

In your service tracker, right now you should have some code where you get the SWT Display from the SWTDisplayProvider service. I don’t have the dragonfly/code in front of me so from the top of my head its something like

SWTDisplayProvider displayService = (SWTDisplayProvider) getService(SWTDisplayProvider.class);

MyApp app = new MyApp(displaySerivce.getDisplay());

That is the code you should use on the BUG. There can only be 1 SWT display object shared across all apps, that is why it is an OSGi service.

When testing on your machine, you can easily just do.

Display display = new Display();

//SWTDisplayProvider displayService = (SWTDisplayProvider) getService(SWTDisplayProvider.class);

MyApp app = new MyApp(display);

Then test everything using the SWT library that ships stock with eclipse (that is not OSGi-ified with the proper manifest file for BUG use, but works just fine for testing). Right before you send it to the Bug, uncomment that line and delete the testing line and it should be good to go.

Jun 20, 2012 1:58am
User_img_not_found_03_med eileen886 11 posts

Well received by professional celebrity’s popular brand of cheap oakley sunglasses have long been regarded as one the courage to challenge the
characterization of a unique personality, a full range of functionality
to win the respect of numerous celebrities around the world.Discount oakley sunglassesathlete’s culture and view of life, deeply moved by inspiration from him, and
will itself into a very full range of brands given the quality of
leisure. In order to meet the different needs of consumers, Whether past or in the future, oakley sunglasses cheap will be critical spirit, inherited the trend of a consistent type cool
style, creative expansion of the sporting goods market is not difficult
to find around the world have a lot of discount oakley sunglasses lovers, and become the local fashion advocate persons; as an industry
pioneer, as long as you pay close attention, it is not difficult to find oakley sunglasses discount unparalleled material and application of new technologies, leaving
Oakley became the star of the eye circles.Whether it is functional
jacket, down jacket clothes pants and is hard to find this sports oakley glasses even unconsciously their commercial tentacles toward the trend of industry, and the world’s top trends of the media behind

Jun 28, 2012 2:25am
User_img_not_found_03_med louis 38 posts

http://www.louisvuittonusauks.co.uk/ louis vuitton bags

http://www.louisvuittonpurses-outlets.net/ louis vuitton Handbags Outlet

http://www.greatlouisvuittonbags.com/ louis vuitton purses

http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.net/ Louis Vuitton Purses

http://www.louisvuittononlineshops.org/ Cheap Louis Vuitton

http://www.officiallouisvuittonzone.net/ louis vuitton outlet

http://www.hermesoutletus.org/ hermes Purses

http://www.cheap-suprashoes.org/ cheap supra shoes

Jun 29, 2012 10:36pm
User_img_not_found_04_med huang 76 posts

http://www.officiallouisvuittonzone.net/ louis vuitton outlet
http://www.hermesoutletusa.org/ hermes bags
http://www.cheap-suprashoes.org/ supra shoes
http://www.louisvuittonusauks.co.uk/ Louis Vuitton UK
http://www.louisvuittonpurses-outlets.net/ louis vuitton handbags
http://www.greatlouisvuittonbags.com/ louis vuitton purses
http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.net/ Louis Vuitton Purses
http://www.louisvuittononlineshops.org/ Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

Aug 14, 2012 2:02am
User_img_not_found_06_med rubing 103 posts

Isn’t it funny how we www.coachfactorystoreec.com/ Coach Factory Store always want what we can’t have? The girl with the round and pert backside wishes that her rear were 5 times smaller. Meanwhile, the girl with the non existent posterior wishes to achieve a larger butt. Well, if the grass is greener on the other side, just water yours! If you’ve got a small behind, you can create the illusion of a larger one with butt enhancing jeans. Here’s how to do it. Look for light weight denim – This material is very stiff and heavy. If you try to stuff a flat butt into denim jeans, it will only create a flatter looking behind. A little stretch goes a long way – Your butt enhancing jeans should additionally contain some stretch. A mixture of 98 percent cotton and 2 percent lycra is best. This combination of lycra and cotton, especially when it’s in a nice tight-weave fabric that’s fitted through the hip and thigh area will help lift your buttocks. Too much lycra and your jeans may start to ripple like a pair of leggings. If there’s not enough cotton content, there won’t be enough structure to hold you up. It’s all in the pockets – The most effective trick for creating the illusion of a bigger butt is to choose jeans with flap pockets. The added bulk of the flap will enhance and add dimension to your tiny tush. True Religion is notoriously famous for their flap pocket designs. You can also try Hudson, Rock & Republic, Frankie B and Paige for addition flap pocket styles. Pocket placement – If you’re not a fan of flap pockets, or if you’ve already bought too many of them, you can also try denim with regular pockets. Be sure to aim for a pair with smaller pockets that sit higher and this will help make your rear look lifted. Cut is also important – Look for jeans with a slight tapering at www.coachfactoryonliness.com/ Coach Factory Online the knee, such as a straight leg or skinny style. This cut will make your bum look a bit larger in comparison to the rest of your body. Great styles to try are True Religion Billy, Julie or Stella, Siwy Harmah or Rose, and Hudson Emily or Paige. How low can you go – Actually, you don’t want to go too low when it comes to the jean rise. The goal is to project more, not less. A pair of low rise denim will only reduce the size of your rear. Instead, opt for a pair with a medium rise. Color me right – Since dark colors minimize, dark denim and indigo will create a slimming effect. You do not want this kind of effect on your barely there behind! Try to find light colored or medium blue denim. Grey is very flattering and will also work. Like a great bra, butt enhancing jeans can also lift and www.coachfactoryoutletusa.com/ Coach Factory Outlet separate what little you have. So it wasn’t in your genes to have a nice, round bottom. Big deal. Be happy with what you’ve got and just improvise!

Sep 10, 2012 9:57pm
User_img_not_found_04_med lihang 1 post

Air-cadre Triax chaussures air max bw comme des types spécifiques qui viennent
avec d’énormes quantités air max tn
air max pas cher collectées en
revenus en raison de quelques humbles origines. C’est vraiment un formateur
expert de chaque personne en particulier préféré. est maintenant basé à, par
l’équilibre Cheval avec air max 90 pas
cher
le torse d’un véhicule automobile et même une fois été pensé pour être
démarré dans le sport Cordon Bleu même manière.

Sep 15, 2012 4:26am
User_img_not_found_05_med xiao123 35 posts

Celine Handbags 2012 There are affluence associated with at broad prices clothes providers just about all through the nation. It is accessible to locate all of them in your breadth or college the net. Nevertheless, it is accessible to acquisition the greatest offers whenever you abundance through Hard anodized cookware appearance at broad prices producers. One of these simple at broad prices providers in the arena is in fact CausewayMall, that is additionally the at broad prices on the internet retail centermost acceptable acutely recammended Celine Outlet.

Lots of the absolute shops at broad prices ladies accouterment is in fact fabricated up of things that accept some fun designs. You will acquisition off-shoulder or even drop-shoulder tops. There are Celine Bags several blouses that accept balloon-sleeves, although Shop Celine Bags some cover big bows. Apart from at broad celine auction bag prices appearance fabric, there’s aswell add-ons. These types of add-ons tend to be fabricated up of socks as able-bodied as caps. You’re provided forth with styles for archetype checky socks or even adjustable socks.

Anklet bracelets tend to be a part of the best as able-bodied as occurring articles aural the appearance business these days. You will acquisition accordingly assorted kinds of all of them currently accessible which they may be accepted as the aspect business aural the appearance marketplace. These types of could be produced from a amount of abstracts such as types of steel, bedrock or even Celine Luggage Bag Tote fabric, and so on. These types of are accessible in just about all admeasurement and shapes.

Oct 24, 2012 2:00am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the m