BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase USB Keyboard

Subscribe to USB Keyboard  4 posts, 4 voices

Dec 2, 2008 7:34am
Img_missing_medium kisa 1 post

Probably a dumb question – but googling hasn’t given me a direct answer so I thought I would try here. I am going to purchase a test bugBase in the next week for an idea I have, but before purchasing I have a final question which needs answering.

Our application needs to be able to read 2d barcodes. Rather than waiting around for a barcode reader module to be created, I am just thinking that it would be easier to plug in a USB barcode reader into the BugBase. The ones I am looking at are able to essentially act as keyboard wedges (except that it’s USB not PS2) in that they just send a string of keyboard codes followed by a CR.

Does the API/Hardware in the BugBase allow me to get an input feed from the USB for processing in my software?

Dec 4, 2008 1:24pm
Img_missing_medium shap 1 post

kisa
Our application needs to be able to read 2d barcodes. Rather than waiting around for a barcode reader module to be created, ...

Check out the ZXing4Bug application, it's a QR Code from Google and runs on the Bug. Look in the applications section of buglabs for ZXing4Bug.
Dec 4, 2008 4:49pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

I'm looking into this now. I'm using a Wasp UF-101D and a Radio shack PS/2 to USB adapter, which I will plug in to the Von Hippel Module's USB port. I'll let you know how it goes.
Dec 8, 2008 11:21am
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

Any news on this, John? Sounds exciting!

Forums BUGbase USB Keyboard