BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUGbase Removing applications from the BUGbase

Subscribe to Removing applications from the BUGbase  6 posts, 4 voices

Apr 17, 2008 7:12pm
Img_missing_medium drywall406 2 posts

I’ve been trying a few of the provided applications for the BUGbase and I am trying to remove them from the device by right-clicking on the device’s Applications folder in the Dragonfly SDK and selecting "Remove All Applications." However, when I turn off the base and then turn it back on, all of the applications are still there. I’m just wondering if what I described is the right way to completely remove them or if there is another way. Thanks.

Apr 17, 2008 11:53pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

drywall406
I've been trying a few of the provided applications for the BUGbase and I am trying to remove them from the device by right-clicking on the device's Applications folder in the Dragonfly SDK and selecting "Remove All Applications." However, when I turn off the base and then turn it back on, all of the applications are still there. I'm just wondering if what I described is the right way to completely remove them or if there is another way. Thanks.

drywall406,

Unfortunately the apps are only removed from the OSGi runtime when you remove them from the Applications folder in the SDK. We're looking to address this in a forthcoming release of the BUG Libraries, but for now you'll need to ssh into your BUG.

If you're using Linux or OS X, open up a terminal, otherwise if you use windows, you'll need an ssh client for windows (putty), and see below :

$ ssh root@10.10.10.10
The authenticity of host '10.10.10.10 (10.10.10.10)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is de:90:11:a5:23:37:62:7d:f4:ca:09:c0:e1:0d:38:76.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '10.10.10.10' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
root@10.10.10.10's password: <root>
root@BUG ~ # rm /opt/concierge/apps/*

This will remove from the bug all of the applications that you have loaded onto it. When you restart your BUG the applications will not reload.
Apr 18, 2008 11:32am

jconnolly
but for now you'll need to ssh into your BUG.

drywall406, I neglected to mention that you can also access the BUG console using simple telnet:

$ telnet 10.10.10.10
Trying 10.10.10.10...
Connected to 10.10.10.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
Using fallback suid method

Welcome to Freescale Semiconductor Embedded Linux Environment

Using fallback suid method
BUG login: root
Password: <root>
root@BUG ~ # rm /opt/concierge/apps/*
May 3, 2008 8:41am

drywall406
I've been trying a few of the provided applications for the BUGbase and I am trying to remove them from the device by right-clicking on the device's Applications folder in the Dragonfly SDK and selecting "Remove All Applications." However, when I turn off the base and then turn it back on, all of the applications are still there. I'm just wondering if what I described is the right way to completely remove them or if there is another way. Thanks.

I've posted a stopgap application on BUGnet that will remove all applications from your BUG and restart the virtual machine (clearing them from the runtime). You may find it at:

http://buglabs.net/applications/jconnolly/AppRemover

The remove/restart process is engaged when you execute the following key combination on your BUGbase:

(Joystick) UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, Hotkey 2, Hotkey 1, Select Button.
May 4, 2008 6:09pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

John,

For some reason, my BUG apps now have unlimited lives. w00t!!

May 7, 2008 12:03pm
Medium Bug Labs team mcaric 64 posts

Lucky. Mine gave me a roundhouse kick to the face :(

Forums BUGbase Removing applications from the BUGbase