BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Java Very new user

Subscribe to Very new user  6 posts, 4 voices

Jan 12, 2009 5:07pm
Img_missing_medium tizzo 2 posts

Hey guys! I just found out about the bug from the coverage of CES! I’m VERY excited to get one and start building things!

I am a web developer and am reasonably good with PHP and MySQL. I have worked with ActionScript for years and have moved to all OOP in ActionScript 3. I have no java experience but from looking through some example programs for the bug JAVA looks very very similar to OOP AS3.

Should I first get up to speed with JAVA, or do you guys think I can start right up with developing for the bug?

The tutorials make a fair bit of sense so far but I don’t know the bug objects well yet. Are there good docs for the API?

Also is there any where I can download Eclipse + Dragonfly for Mac with the new modules included, or do I have to build those from the svn source? I have no idea how to do that but have a great idea for something with sound!

Download link anywhere?! I don’t suppose there are nightly builds available?

Sorry this was long, I’m quite excited but not sure where to start!

Jan 12, 2009 9:13pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

SDK (Eclipse/Dragonfly) builds can be found here:

http://buglabs.net/sdk

And the BUG rootfs and kernel can be found in our svn repo

http://svn.buglabs.net/ (browsable web interface)
svn://svn.buglabs.net (to checkout specific code/projects)

If you’re just getting started with BUGapp and Java development, you’ll probably just want to grab the latest Full Build of the Production version of the SDK, to get up and running as quickly and easily as possible. You can try your hand at writing some BUG apps on the SDK’s virtual BUG, and see how you feel about the whole Java/OSGi thing. By the time you get up to speed with that, we’ll probably have another Production SDK build and rootfs&kernel, for an easy upgrade.

Jan 14, 2009 10:49am
Img_missing_medium tizzo 2 posts

I am playing with the current official build and liking what I’m seeing. Is there any central location with good API docs?

Coming from PHP I’m used to having php [dot] net where all of php’s available functions are documented. Drupal has something similar and all of the ActionScript objects are documented at Adobe’s site. (I was going to put links but the forums thought I was a spammer)

Is there anything like that for bug? Do we have to read through the source for the base/modules?

Jan 14, 2009 11:15am
Medium Bug Labs team bcruskie 45 posts

Hi tizzo and welcome to BUG!

Check out the link below for more API info, we have some gaps in documentation but it’s a good start.

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/BUG_Deve…

Oct 24, 2012 1:54am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 4:17am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose