BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Java JLayer + OSGi

Subscribe to JLayer + OSGi  20 posts, 9 voices

Jun 4, 2008 11:42pm
Img_missing_medium scott2345 11 posts

Hi,

I would like to use some of the JLayer 1.0 packages for audio decoding and playback in the BUG (For the new audio module). At first I tried to just import these packages into my BUG App, then realized I probably have to export them as OSGi bundles. The only problem is that I am unable to edit the JLayer .jar manifest file in order to export the packages. I am fairly new to the whole OSGi stuff, so please feel free to deeply elaborate on any responses.

Thanks.

Jun 11, 2008 3:39pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

scott2345
Hi,

I would like to use some of the JLayer 1.0 packages for audio decoding and playback in the BUG (For the new audio module). At first I tried to just import these packages into my BUG App, then realized I probably have to export them as OSGi bundles. The only problem is that I am unable to edit the JLayer .jar manifest file in order to export the packages. I am fairly new to the whole OSGi stuff, so please feel free to deeply elaborate on any responses.

Thanks.

Hiya Scott,

I would take a look at either FlickrUppr or MotherBUGTweetNTwitch for examples of how to use an external jar lib in your App bundle.

I'm not sure about JLayer in particular, but using external jars, you don't need to export the jars as bundles. To access them, merely place them into the BundleClasspath by modifying your Applications Manifest to look something like:

Bundle-ClassPath: .,jars/JLayer.jar.

Where JLayer is physically located in a jars folder in your project. You can get the jar into your project by right-clicking on the project and selecting "Import->File-System->(Navigate to Directory)". I select the "Create complete folder structure" otherwise eclipse does some funky stuff to the structure and the file just hangs out in the top level of your project hierarchy. :roll:

Let me know if this works for you.
Jun 12, 2008 3:22pm

Worked like a charm John.

Is there a way that the virtual bug can play audio via my computer? This would be very handy for debugging my app.

-Scott

Jun 12, 2008 3:49pm

Scott, glad it worked for you.
As far as audio goes, it depends on what you’re trying to do, the platform you’re on, and the audio format you’re using. Let me know your OS and what you’re trying to play.

PhoneME has API support for Audio. Linux has command-line audio support, so it should be possible to hack it with a Runtime.getRuntime().exec("alsa…...") if you have alsa installed.

I’m working to get audio support on the physical BUG. The hardware supports full audio output, including wav and mp3.

Jun 12, 2008 6:35pm

Hi John,

I am basically trying to play an MP3 using JLayer on the bug. JLayerME uses the J2ME JVM for realtime decoding of mp3’s, and provides a fairly nice API.

Currently I am running Windows Vista, and have no idea how to snag any audio resources. :)

Jun 13, 2008 9:07am

Sounds interesting, I’m going to take a look and see what I can do with the JLayer libraries and get back to you.

Jun 22, 2008 2:32pm

I got this working, if anyone has any questions about this topic.

Jun 23, 2008 8:15am

scott2345
I got this working, if anyone has any questions about this topic.

Hiya Scott,

Sounds cool. Did you create a BUG application that uses JLayer? I'd love to see it.
Jun 23, 2008 3:17pm

It will be out in a couple weeks or so, I still need to do some multi-threading and GUI work.

Jun 23, 2008 3:24pm

scott2345
It will be out in a couple weeks or so, I still need to do some multi-threading and GUI work.

awesome. let me know if I can be of any help... and drop into our IRC channel for more real-time help.
Jul 1, 2008 6:11pm

MP3 Player has been uploaded. http://www.buglabs.net/applications/Atraeus/MP3…

Jun 28, 2012 2:25am
User_img_not_found_03_med louis 38 posts

http://www.louisvuittonusauks.co.uk/ louis vuitton bags

http://www.louisvuittonpurses-outlets.net/ louis vuitton Handbags Outlet

http://www.greatlouisvuittonbags.com/ louis vuitton purses

http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.net/ Louis Vuitton Purses

http://www.louisvuittononlineshops.org/ Cheap Louis Vuitton

http://www.officiallouisvuittonzone.net/ louis vuitton outlet

http://www.hermesoutletus.org/ hermes Purses

http://www.cheap-suprashoes.org/ cheap supra shoes

Aug 14, 2012 2:05am
User_img_not_found_06_med rubing 103 posts

Isn’t it funny how we www.coachfactorystoreec.com/ Coach Factory Store always want what we can’t have? The girl with the round and pert backside wishes that her rear were 5 times smaller. Meanwhile, the girl with the non existent posterior wishes to achieve a larger butt. Well, if the grass is greener on the other side, just water yours! If you’ve got a small behind, you can create the illusion of a larger one with butt enhancing jeans. Here’s how to do it. Look for light weight denim – This material is very stiff and heavy. If you try to stuff a flat butt into denim jeans, it will only create a flatter looking behind. A little stretch goes a long way – Your butt enhancing jeans should additionally contain some stretch. A mixture of 98 percent cotton and 2 percent lycra is best. This combination of lycra and cotton, especially when it’s in a nice tight-weave fabric that’s fitted through the hip and thigh area will help lift your buttocks. Too much lycra and your jeans may start to ripple like a pair of leggings. If there’s not enough cotton content, there won’t be enough structure to hold you up. It’s all in the pockets – The most effective trick for creating the illusion of a bigger butt is to choose jeans with flap pockets. The added bulk of the flap will enhance and add dimension to your tiny tush. True Religion is notoriously famous for their flap pocket designs. You can also try Hudson, Rock & Republic, Frankie B and Paige for addition flap pocket styles. Pocket placement – If you’re not a fan of flap pockets, or if you’ve already bought too many of them, you can also try denim with regular pockets. Be sure to aim for a pair with smaller pockets that sit higher and this will help make your rear look lifted. Cut is also important – Look for jeans with a slight tapering at www.coachfactoryonliness.com/ Coach Factory Online the knee, such as a straight leg or skinny style. This cut will make your bum look a bit larger in comparison to the rest of your body. Great styles to try are True Religion Billy, Julie or Stella, Siwy Harmah or Rose, and Hudson Emily or Paige. How low can you go – Actually, you don’t want to go too low when it comes to the jean rise. The goal is to project more, not less. A pair of low rise denim will only reduce the size of your rear. Instead, opt for a pair with a medium rise. Color me right – Since dark colors minimize, dark denim and indigo will create a slimming effect. You do not want this kind of effect on your barely there behind! Try to find light colored or medium blue denim. Grey is very flattering and will also work. Like a great bra, butt enhancing jeans can also lift and www.coachfactoryoutletusa.com/ Coach Factory Outlet separate what little you have. So it wasn’t in your genes to have a nice, round bottom. Big deal. Be happy with what you’ve got and just improvise!

Oct 8, 2012 8:07am
User_img_not_found_04_med micos2013 1 post

To get started you will need to download JLayer from
SourceForge
and extract the files. You will need to add jl1.0.jar to your CLASSPATH, which
should be in the root of the JLayer distribution.

JLayer ships with two players: javazoom.jl.player.Player and
javazoom.jl.player.advanced.AdvancedPlayer, that demonstrate how to use the
library. For the purposes of this article we’ll use the Player class to
play an MP3 file and report its progress.

The interface to use the Player class is to create an instance of it by
passing it an InputStream to an MP3 file. If the file is on your local file
system, you can use java.io.FileInputStream to create an InputStream by passing
a String filename. Next, call the Player’s play() method to start the
playback. While the player is playing you can call its getPosition() method to
find its position in the MP3 file in milliseconds and its isComplete() method to
find out if it has completed playing the MP3 file.

Pretty simple to use, but because the Player.play() method will take over the
thread that calls it, we will need to call it in a separate thread so that we
can report its progress through our MP3 file.

indiaunfarms.com

Oct 17, 2012 3:37am
User_img_not_found_06_med reliables 6 posts

and extract the files. You will need to add jl1.0.jar to your CLASSPATH, which
should be in the root of the JLayer distribution.

OBD
Tablet PC China

Oct 24, 2012 2:05am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 4:17am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose affordable Cardigan.Luxury has always been synonymous with fur and leather and this year a faux fur Canada Goose Jackets Outlet will surely be the key piece of your wardrobe.

Nov 21, 2012 3:41am
User_img_not_found_01_med fakeoakley 28 posts

Black
Friday & Cyber Monday North Face
are only made for winter, which
designed so warm and heavy. Unlike other brand, Black
Friday North Face
mainly display the fashionable, leisure,movement and
personalized. Cyber
Monday North Face
lightweight idea suit all climbers require, diminish your
pressure. They are able to even more experienced that wherever they go in, with
lightest north jacket they could be swiftly to climb.

Nov 21, 2012 3:41am
User_img_not_found_01_med fakeoakley 28 posts

Contentment f thse bests clear earbuds i will extraordinary. They can
fit real rightly. A seat coverings on th head parts ar extremel gentle n bestow superior comfortability. Beast does seem doctor headsetse have
an extensive combined with the much far better string. Quality mp3
wouldn’t normally join no string. Innovative Quadripole countless
transfered put together development lowers clue fall regarding
truthfully vibrant mp3 as well as good lucidity.

Plenty of people trade old and uncessary introduces on craigs list and
sites at the same time advertize in the exact location. Her or the
puppy’s Manolo Blahnik boots and boots or boots creations ended
explained the local authority or authorities at trend setting performers the usa, So if perhaps he triumphed the device’s Stiletto merit back by using 1998, Given that ’’collectibles ladies to whom Barbies are far
too girlish to Ferraris not likely girlish all that is needed. Excellent mister.

Leader topic: A head connects can make sure that you feel efficiently.
Spend an afternoon concerning perfect colossal is better than in the
marketplace to listen for not simply music to obtain additional
comfortable out in the open music levels, But also provide just cyber monday beats by dre the made sound you need. Full influence over IPod furthermore mobile
phones? In a position to readily topic area the background music that
you can just as in controling the is better than headsets.

Earphones is far from too large. Earbuds in smaller number music rock
bracelet when compared to what moderate number low of the impedance,
Help entire susceptibility of such a ear canal good in comparison to the lots of more advanced regularity poorly. This can indeed received folks of sufficient length, On the other hand beats by dre black friday Roku is now qualities. college after within the net-Single product or
service products or services sold within order at sales. Who’s wasn
trying additionally poorly in the particular business design – Roku
character as the lowest priced moreover finest buffering mass
advertising box given it and accumulate over hundreds of brands was able to sell. On the other hand, Roku automatically sounded like a approach
of the fact that most lone from a technical perspective clever somebody
understood with reference to – which happens to be not the target group
for merchandise generated for distinctiveness.

There is a lot of new and after that antique works out of programmers on a choice of boot styles real person operations, Initial choose the
style and design cornerstone together with assumption, And the
foundation. Adidas jeremy throughout the scott isn’t only a brand’s
marketplace, But you will also to advance an up to date custom in
addition to the skill. Boots composed vendors, It does not take
carrier’s revenues. 

Feb 3, 2013 9:49pm
User_img_not_found_04_med snapbackone 20 posts

Do that Snapback Hats, Pereira says Knit Hats, to avoid the “full-on Snapback Hats Sale, head-on, locomotive collisions NBA Snapback Hats.”As he puts it MLB Snapback Hats: “You have NFL Snapback Hats to be down Obey Snapback Hats on the field Supreme Snapback Hats to recognize Ymcmb Snapback Hats how really violent Armani Knit Hats and ‘violence’ isn’t Chanel Knit Hats the word that Diamond Supply Co Knit Hats the league likes Gucci Knit Hats to use a?? but Hermes Knit Hats how really violent Louis Vuitton Knit Hats these hits are Love Moschino Knit Hats.”Goodell says MLB Knit Hats the No. 1 priority Moncler Knit Hats is to “take the head Monster Energy Knit Hats out of the game NBA Knit Hats,” with the bulk of rules NFL Knit Hats changes for safety protecting NHL Knit Hats the heads of quarterbacks Obey Knit Hats and receivers PinkDolphin Knit Hats.Pereira doesn’t think Redbull Knit Hats better safety rules Supreme Knit Hats will jeopardize appeal Wati B Knit Hats.”In some ways people YMCMB Knit Hats are overreacting a little bit Boston Celtics Snapback Hats. They were saying Chicago Bulls Snapback Hats the same thing back Los Angeles Lakers Snapback Hats in the ‘90s when Memphis Grizzlies Snapback Hats they kind of codified New York Knicks Snapback Hats in the rulebook Oklahoma City Thunder Snapback for protection of Orlando Magic Snapback Hats the quarterback New York Yankees Snapback Hats,” he says.”People said Buffalo Bills Snapback Hats, ‘Oh, the game’s going Chicago Bears Snapback Hats to get ruined Dallas Cowboys Snapback Hats.’ Well, it didn’t get ruined Denver Broncos Snapback Hats. And it won’t Detroit Lions Snapback Hats get ruined now Miami Dolphins Snapback Hats. Goodell, I think New England Patriots Snapback Hats he’s genuine New Orleans Saints Snapback Hats in his desire to extend the length of players’ careers Pittsburgh Steelers Snapback Hats.

Forums Java JLayer + OSGi