BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Applications Locative Art - Spook Country

Subscribe to Locative Art - Spook Country  73 posts, 19 voices

Aug 14, 2009 1:41pm
User_img_not_found_05_med sparkbug 5 posts

This just came to mind.  A BUG with the camera module attached to an island opposite the screen module so it would act as if you were looking through the BUG.  Add the GPS module so the unit knows where it is on the planet.  All that is missing (to my knowledge) is a module that has a gyroscope to be able to tell orientation (not just accelerometers).

This combination would allow you to look through the BUG and use it as an augmented reality device.

Just a wild and crazy idea… but isn’t that where everything begins anyway??

Mar 18, 2010 11:13am
User_img_not_found_05_med chrisguidry 3 posts

Spark, how about a slight tweak:  2 screens and 2 outward facing cameras?  Then you’d get stereoscopic vision and could interpolate things in 3D, perhaps.  Sweet idea.

Mar 18, 2010 12:44pm

That would be interesting bacause (from what I can tell in vids and pictures) the bug is about the right size to imitate average human eye spacing.  The only problem would be 2 cameras and 2 screens would leave no more islands free for GPS or sensor pack.

Mar 18, 2010 12:58pm

This might be getting pricy, but if you had 2, think about this configuration:

One BUG in the configuration with the stereoscopic camera/screen pairs; this BUG would spend it’s CPU cycles on rendering the augmented view, and interpreting the input from the camera.

Another BUG for your pocket/backpack that had the other sweet stuff, like a GPS, fadio, audio unit, 3G, etc.  That device would do all the “talking with the world” and other backend processing.

The two BUGs could communicate over Bluetooth (since that’s included in the base BUG and doesn’t need an extra module, right?) over some kind of light protocol.

Ahhh, fantasy gear…..the real question would be: what kind of apps would you build for a wearable augmented reality setup like this?

Mar 18, 2010 2:09pm

That setup would be the way to go.  It has the advantage of making the module you must hold up to your face smaller.  It’s hard to blend into society holding a cinder block in front of your face.

I’m just brainstorming as to what information would be useful to overlay.

• Heads up display with overlayed street names.
  • Distance and direction to waypoints/GPS markers (i.e. where I parked my car) overlayed as an arc centered on my location and only showing markers ahead of me (in my field of view)
  • Overlay colour on parking spaces that are available (would need a database of valid parking times/days).  Green would indicate parking permitted.  Red would indicate prohibited times/days.
  • Interface with realtime transit information to show ETA or direction to nearest bus/taxi/streetcar and in the case of taxis, pop up the company phone number.

Just a few ideas.

Mar 18, 2010 2:13pm

Yeah I’m in the Boston area and there are a couple of great Android apps (as well as built-in to Google Maps) that can give MBTA schedules for all the trains and buses.  That would be a great one.

Also, what’s that new hipster thing where you sort-of virtually tag a building, and people with smartphones can see your tags when they point their camera at the building?

Also, think about how fun games could be in AR, too.  Back to the hardware, as a prototype, it would look strange, but in production, you could make these semi-cool goggles, perhaps.  Having the heavy-lifting computation in your pocket/backpack is a plus, as you said.

Jun 28, 2012 2:25am
User_img_not_found_03_med louis 38 posts

http://www.louisvuittonusauks.co.uk/ louis vuitton bags

http://www.louisvuittonpurses-outlets.net/ louis vuitton Handbags Outlet

http://www.greatlouisvuittonbags.com/ louis vuitton purses

http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.net/ Louis Vuitton Purses

http://www.louisvuittononlineshops.org/ Cheap Louis Vuitton

http://www.officiallouisvuittonzone.net/ louis vuitton outlet

http://www.hermesoutletus.org/ hermes Purses

http://www.cheap-suprashoes.org/ cheap supra shoes

Jul 19, 2012 4:11am
User_img_not_found_05_med xiao123 35 posts

We supply a wide range of NFL Jerseys, NHL Jerseys, NBA jerseys, NCAA Jerseys of different teams. We can provide relatively low price and superb quality for the Wholesael Jerseys and Authentic NFL Jerseys, along with the Custom Jerseys of men, women and kids. Excellent and latest design will be more suitable for you to wear. It will be very exciting when you take part in the game by wearing what they are wearing on the field. Welcome to our shop!

Aug 14, 2012 2:02am
User_img_not_found_06_med rubing 103 posts

Isn’t it funny how we www.coachfactorystoreec.com/ Coach Factory Store always want what we can’t have? The girl with the round and pert backside wishes that her rear were 5 times smaller. Meanwhile, the girl with the non existent posterior wishes to achieve a larger butt. Well, if the grass is greener on the other side, just water yours! If you’ve got a small behind, you can create the illusion of a larger one with butt enhancing jeans. Here’s how to do it. Look for light weight denim – This material is very stiff and heavy. If you try to stuff a flat butt into denim jeans, it will only create a flatter looking behind. A little stretch goes a long way – Your butt enhancing jeans should additionally contain some stretch. A mixture of 98 percent cotton and 2 percent lycra is best. This combination of lycra and cotton, especially when it’s in a nice tight-weave fabric that’s fitted through the hip and thigh area will help lift your buttocks. Too much lycra and your jeans may start to ripple like a pair of leggings. If there’s not enough cotton content, there won’t be enough structure to hold you up. It’s all in the pockets – The most effective trick for creating the illusion of a bigger butt is to choose jeans with flap pockets. The added bulk of the flap will enhance and add dimension to your tiny tush. True Religion is notoriously famous for their flap pocket designs. You can also try Hudson, Rock & Republic, Frankie B and Paige for addition flap pocket styles. Pocket placement – If you’re not a fan of flap pockets, or if you’ve already bought too many of them, you can also try denim with regular pockets. Be sure to aim for a pair with smaller pockets that sit higher and this will help make your rear look lifted. Cut is also important – Look for jeans with a slight tapering at www.coachfactoryonliness.com/ Coach Factory Online the knee, such as a straight leg or skinny style. This cut will make your bum look a bit larger in comparison to the rest of your body. Great styles to try are True Religion Billy, Julie or Stella, Siwy Harmah or Rose, and Hudson Emily or Paige. How low can you go – Actually, you don’t want to go too low when it comes to the jean rise. The goal is to project more, not less. A pair of low rise denim will only reduce the size of your rear. Instead, opt for a pair with a medium rise. Color me right – Since dark colors minimize, dark denim and indigo will create a slimming effect. You do not want this kind of effect on your barely there behind! Try to find light colored or medium blue denim. Grey is very flattering and will also work. Like a great bra, butt enhancing jeans can also lift and www.coachfactoryoutletusa.com/ Coach Factory Outlet separate what little you have. So it wasn’t in your genes to have a nice, round bottom. Big deal. Be happy with what you’ve got and just improvise!

Aug 23, 2012 11:11am
User_img_not_found_05_med Abelee 83 posts

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="979"><colgroup><col width="979"></col></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl64" height="20" width="979" style="height: 15.0pt; width: 734pt;">Nice to share my love is wonderful to tell you that a healthy green gives you the best Organic vitamins, herbal remedies and organic supplements.They use all natural ingredients to create organic products.</td>
</tr></tbody></table><table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="714"><colgroup><col width="714"></col></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl66" height="20" width="714" style="height: 15.0pt; width: 536pt;">Buy Ritalin Online</td>
</tr></tbody></table>
Aug 28, 2012 11:15am
User_img_not_found_01_med pioneer 61 posts

I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I’m going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!

<a href="http://www.mycarepharmacy.com/buy_online/diazepam/valium_roche">Buy Valium Online</a>

Aug 28, 2012 11:16am

I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I’m going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!

<a href="http://www.mycarepharmacy.com/buy_online/diazepam/valium_roche">Buy Valium Online</a>

Aug 28, 2012 11:29am

I am very happy to be here because this is a very good site that provides lots of information about the topics covered in depth. Im glad to see that people are actually writing about this issue in such a smart way, showing us all different sides to it. Please keep it up. I cant wait to read whats next.

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="880"><colgroup><col width="880"></col></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl64" height="20" width="880" style="height: 15.0pt; width: 660pt;">Buy Valium Online</td>
</tr></tbody></table>

Aug 28, 2012 3:09pm

This is like my fourth time stopping over your Blog. Normally, I do not make comments on website, but I have to mention that this post really pushed me to do so. Really great post .
buy adderall online

Aug 28, 2012 4:03pm

Thank you for for sharing so great thing to us. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post, thanks for sharing.

buy phentermine online

Aug 28, 2012 5:28pm
User_img_not_found_05_med kteen 1 post

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="895"><colgroup><col width="895"></col></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td height="20" width="895" style="height: 15.0pt; width: 671pt;">thank you……..<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="895"><colgroup><col width="895"></col></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td height="20" width="895" style="height: 15.0pt; width: 671pt;">I was working and suddenly I visits your site frequently and recommended it to me to read also. The writing style is superior and the content is relevant. Thanks for the insight you provide the rcing my concerts with you and linking from my website.
<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="706"><colgroup><col width="706"></col></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl65" height="20" width="706" style="height: 15.0pt; width: 530pt;">best SEO Company</td>
</tr></tbody></table></td>
</tr></tbody></table></td>
</tr></tbody></table>
Aug 28, 2012 5:32pm
User_img_not_found_03_med boxerrulz1234 31 posts

Certainly a fantastic piece of work … It has relevant information. Thanks for posting this. Your blog is so interesting and very informative.Thanks sharing. Definitely a great piece of work Thanks for your work.
buy vicodin online

Sep 6, 2012 4:31am

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="979"><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl64" height="20" width="979">Nice to share my love is wonderful to tell you that a healthy green gives you the best Organic vitamins, herbal remedies and organic supplements.They use all natural ingredients to create organic products.</td></tr></tbody></table><table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="873"><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl64" height="20" width="873">towing company addison</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sep 6, 2012 9:06am

Hi buddy, your blog’s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts are superb. Please keep them coming. Greets!!!
locksmith in silver spring md

Sep 7, 2012 6:00am

Thank you for for sharing so great thing to us. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post, thanks for sharing.

Virginia locksmith

Sep 24, 2012 8:28am
User_img_not_found_06_med omrbcl102 1 post

To observe their net income worth incorporate insatiably getting the picture entrust. This blog is very informative. domain

Sep 28, 2012 10:12am
User_img_not_found_06_med Seputarsof... 4 posts

I am very lucky to be at this time since this is a very skilled locate with the intention of provides lots of in rank in this area the topics covered in depth. Sepeda Motor Bebek Injeksi Kencang dan Irit Jupiter Z1|animasi flashfisika|Android|IPAD|IPHONE|MAC|WINDOWS PHONE|Bests Forex Trading Softwares|bestpc-tips|seputarsoftware Im glad to think it over with the intention of public are in fact prose in this area this come forth in such a smart way, screening us all uncommon sides to it. Please keep it up. I cant pass the time to read whats then. 

Oct 24, 2012 1:41am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 4:08am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose affordable Cardigan.Luxury has always been synonymous with fur and leather and this year a faux fur Canada Goose Jackets Outlet will surely be the key piece of your wardrobe.

Oct 24, 2012 4:21pm

Your site is good Actually, i have seen your post and That was very informative and very entertaining for me. Thanks for posting Really Such Things. I should recommend your site to my friends. Cheers.
card access control systems

Forums Applications Locative Art - Spook Country