BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Applications How to "fully" close an app?

Subscribe to How to "fully" close an app?  2 posts, 2 voices

May 24, 2009 2:33pm
User_img_not_found_04_med syriven 7 posts

When I run an app on my BUG, I can get the application to stop running by breaking out of the main application loop, but the window on the BUGview module stays open. So far, the apps that I download from BUGnet do the same thing. An X is at the upper right corner for each app, but it doesn’t seem to actually do anything for my apps or the ones I’ve downloaded. I am expecting it to just go back to what I assume is Linux, with the applications, utilities, games, etc. menus.

So how do I “fully” close down the window on the BUGview? As it is I have just been using ssh to stop concierge, delete the app and the java storage folder, and restart concierge.

May 25, 2009 7:22pm
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Hi Syriven,

Yes, it’s the responsibility of the application to clean up window when it shuts down.  It’s common for the app writer to forget to do this, in fact when looking for the appropriate code in one of my apps I found that I also forgot to do this. The appropriate AWT API for this that I’ve used goes like this:

frame = display.getFrame(); frame.setTitle("Super Simple Camera"); frame.addWindowListener(new WindowListener() { public void windowActivated(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowClosed(WindowEvent arg0) { frame.dispose(); frame = null; } public void windowClosing(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowDeactivated(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowDeiconified(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowIconified(WindowEvent arg0) { } public void windowOpened(WindowEvent arg0) { } });

It’s worth saying that in R1.4.1, a new GUI for BUGapps will be available that will allow you to completely shutdown any BUGapp running via BUGview.

hope that helps

ken

Forums Applications How to "fully" close an app?