BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Applications PaintBall Team Location Telemetry App

Subscribe to PaintBall Team Location Telemetry  App  17 posts, 10 voices

Jan 21, 2009 6:12pm
User_img_not_found_02_med BadSCR 5 posts

PaintBallers Will love this App and would buy all the stuff needed to do this. (I would $900)

BugLab products needed:
One BUGbase
One BUGview (LCD)
One BUGlocate (GPS)
One Wireless Data (Wifi) (long range)

Objective: Display the Location of Team members (That are within range) with the same pass-code, and overlay them onto a map (JPEG via SD-card).
* Would be nice if it could act as a Repeater; to give more range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODES OF OPERATION:

+Set Multiple Pass-Codes / Colors: ID's what team/teams to display

+Calibration / Load Map Image: Sets the Scale/Position of the map AND loads the JPEG to use as the Map via SD-Card

+Map Marker/maker: Allows the user to walk the field and hold a button and plot lines where objects are. (Saves it as a JPEG to the SD-card)

+Game-On: Display the Location of my Team members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OPTIONS/SETTINGS

+Free-Hand Drawing over Map ON/OFF: Lets you or a referee to Draw/erase overlays on the display

+Zoom: Do you want the Display to zoom-in on your Location,, If so How much

+Are you a Referee or Player (Y/N): If Player Show as a Dot; If a Referee Show as a Star

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game-On Mode:
Display the Location of Team members (That are within range) with the same pass-code, and overlay them onto a map (JPEG via SD-card)

+press Button #1: Player is Dead and OUT of the game (Will NOT show His Dot to others; The Display will read "OUT" in red and stay on the screen)

+press Button #1: Player is Alive and in the game (Will show His Dot to others; The Display will read "Play" in red for about 5 seconds and go-away)

+Press Button #2: Player is under attack (His Dot will blink to others-&-himself)

+Press Button #2: Player is OK (His Dot will NOT blink to others-&-himself)

+Hold Button #3: Will let you scroll around the map

+Press Button #4: Will display the menu to select "SETTINGS" or "MODES"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Marker/maker: Mode:
Allows the user to walk the field and hold a button and plot lines where objects are. (Saves it as a JPEG to the SD-card)

+Hold Button #1: Plot a Small sized wall where I walk

+Hold Button #2: Plot a Medium sized wall where I walk

+Hold Buttons #1 And #2: Plot a Large sized wall where I walk

+Hold Buttons #3: Plot a Walkway where I walk

+Hold Buttons #3 And #2: Plot a Road where I walk

+Hold Buttons #1 & #2 & #3: Plot "Out of Bounds line" where I walk

+Hold Button #4: Will display the menu to select "SETTINGS" or "MODES"
May 13, 2009 3:59am
User_img_not_found_01_med riotharmus 4 posts

As an airsoft player i can vouch for the fact that this application would be a very useful indeed. More so because i play as scout sniper. So if i could walk the map and mark up strategic locations and have this info sent to my team mates further back it would give us a significant edge.

If this could also be combined with one of the other GPS Alarm app’s so when players are approaching a predetermined point a silent alarm would be triggered (something like a vibrate functionality as we don’t want everyone knowing we’re there!).

If i had enough skills i’d take this project on, as it happens i don’t and instead i’ll keep my fingers crossed that someone out there will take this on!! if someone out there is willing and i can help at all please just drop me a message and i’ll do all i can!

Cheers

Rio.

May 13, 2009 5:47am
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Sounds cool!  What kind of ranges are we talking about between players on the field?  What’s an acceptable max distance?

May 13, 2009 6:01am

Ranges vary massively.. for short skirmishes (paintball especially) the range wouldn’t have to be too significant, on the flip side some Airsoft MilSim games are run over 48+ hours so, as you can imagine, the field of play is considerably larger. If something like what is proposed about was available only for a short range it would still be a huge step in the right direction. (assuming it’s more than 10 meters)

To be completely honest i’m not sure what the limitations (range) of the hardware / software would be? and also the implications of equipment burden (don’t want to be lugging round a small power station with an aeriel bolted on to it).  Further more what would the accuracy of GPS/Map data be? i’e if you’ve a 5 man squad moving in a dispersed formation they could still be with in 10 meters of each other. Now if on the Map/GPS data those 10 meters occupy the same spot (due to resolution of data, scale of map etc) then it’s greatly reduced the data quality. So ideally a zoom function giving (at wide angle) an overview of the field in it’s totality and (tight angle) an reduced area but with finer resolution. (obviously dependant on the detail inputted fromt he scouts in this instance).

Another consideration, more specific to airsoft i believe, is the fact that some of the games are in urban surroundings ie abandoned buildings, built up areas and indoors. I’m fairly sure this would have an impact on GPS usage also? Though ironically this is probably where it would be most benifical to be able to share map and contact data!

This is also assuming there’s no interference issues with the regular comms (Radios)  that are used in game !

maybe not as simple as first thought!

May 14, 2009 12:36pm
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

Using BUGbee to mesh the players together into a  PAN might work – the BUGbee has a pretty beefy power amplifier on it – but I’m not sure how well it would cope with all the moving around: they would have to be configured as routers rather than end devices, to avoid having them all have to communicate with each other via the coordinator, and as they changed positions relative to one another they’d have to update their routing tables. Could be something to look into though.

May 15, 2009 3:38am

would it be an easier option to have one team member as “comms” have all the data sent to him, let him and his system compile it and then he simply sends out the maps with the data on it?

Rather than each player processing the data?

edit spelling

May 26, 2009 7:35pm

I vote for each player processing the data.

I was thinking of someting like a mesh network topology crossed with a bus network topology.

EXAMPLE:

Player-A  transmits there own data;  With a unique token/IP  and there is two or three Terminating bits.

Then Player-B (a bad guy)  receives Player-A’s data and changes the Terminating bits;  Then  transmits Player-A’s  to Player-C.

Player-C  receives Player-A’s data From Player-B and  processes  the data and displays it;    Changes the Terminating bits and re- transmits.

Whin the Terminating bits reaches a set point it self Terminats.

I play scenario paintball games,  with about 200 people on a team.  They last for 48+ hours and are played on 40+ acers of land.  Woods, little buildings, and mobile homes.   I am that guy that disappears from the start and flanks and showup from out of no-where;  People have called me Predator.

There is money in paintball,  I have seen players with thermal imaging goggles and $5000+ of equipment.  I for one have a little hand held TV with four wireless cameras.

Right when I was thinking this thread was dead.  Thank you all for the help,  If i had enough skills i’d take this project on, as it happens i don’t and instead i’ll keep my fingers crossed that someone out there will take this on.

May 27, 2009 8:48am

What if someone sets-up a big access point  (ie comms tower).  Power supply  would be: Battery, Generator, and/or drop cord.

http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6379

The  comms tower (for one team)  would consists of:

One:   wireless router

One:   25-Watt   2.4Ghz  802.11b  Amplifier

One:   2.4 GHz Signal Splitters / Signal Combiners

Three:   2.4 GHz 24 dBi Die-cast Grid Antenna

Maybe One:  Computer/server

May 27, 2009 9:14am

I think applying all that in the field would be virtually impossible!

Not to mention that one of the team would have to become a comm’s officer and man the thing.. which would no doubt be a primary target!

I think keeping the entire system as portable as possible is key, the ideal being something no larger than a military radio set. Fitting in a large pouch or at biggest a backpack/bergen.

May 27, 2009 4:28pm

I was thinking that a “comms tower” would be more of a permanent installation owned by the field.

But yes, The entire system needs to be as portable as possible.

It would also be great  if there is no need for any  “comms team members”.

Someting like a mesh network topology crossed with a bus network topology and peer-to-peer. also each player processing the data.

Jun 28, 2012 2:25am
User_img_not_found_03_med louis 38 posts

http://www.louisvuittonusauks.co.uk/ louis vuitton bags

http://www.louisvuittonpurses-outlets.net/ louis vuitton Handbags Outlet

http://www.greatlouisvuittonbags.com/ louis vuitton purses

http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.net/ Louis Vuitton Purses

http://www.louisvuittononlineshops.org/ Cheap Louis Vuitton

http://www.officiallouisvuittonzone.net/ louis vuitton outlet

http://www.hermesoutletus.org/ hermes Purses

http://www.cheap-suprashoes.org/ cheap supra shoes

Aug 14, 2012 2:02am
User_img_not_found_06_med rubing 103 posts

Isn’t it funny how we www.coachfactorystoreec.com/ Coach Factory Store always want what we can’t have? The girl with the round and pert backside wishes that her rear were 5 times smaller. Meanwhile, the girl with the non existent posterior wishes to achieve a larger butt. Well, if the grass is greener on the other side, just water yours! If you’ve got a small behind, you can create the illusion of a larger one with butt enhancing jeans. Here’s how to do it. Look for light weight denim – This material is very stiff and heavy. If you try to stuff a flat butt into denim jeans, it will only create a flatter looking behind. A little stretch goes a long way – Your butt enhancing jeans should additionally contain some stretch. A mixture of 98 percent cotton and 2 percent lycra is best. This combination of lycra and cotton, especially when it’s in a nice tight-weave fabric that’s fitted through the hip and thigh area will help lift your buttocks. Too much lycra and your jeans may start to ripple like a pair of leggings. If there’s not enough cotton content, there won’t be enough structure to hold you up. It’s all in the pockets – The most effective trick for creating the illusion of a bigger butt is to choose jeans with flap pockets. The added bulk of the flap will enhance and add dimension to your tiny tush. True Religion is notoriously famous for their flap pocket designs. You can also try Hudson, Rock & Republic, Frankie B and Paige for addition flap pocket styles. Pocket placement – If you’re not a fan of flap pockets, or if you’ve already bought too many of them, you can also try denim with regular pockets. Be sure to aim for a pair with smaller pockets that sit higher and this will help make your rear look lifted. Cut is also important – Look for jeans with a slight tapering at www.coachfactoryonliness.com/ Coach Factory Online the knee, such as a straight leg or skinny style. This cut will make your bum look a bit larger in comparison to the rest of your body. Great styles to try are True Religion Billy, Julie or Stella, Siwy Harmah or Rose, and Hudson Emily or Paige. How low can you go – Actually, you don’t want to go too low when it comes to the jean rise. The goal is to project more, not less. A pair of low rise denim will only reduce the size of your rear. Instead, opt for a pair with a medium rise. Color me right – Since dark colors minimize, dark denim and indigo will create a slimming effect. You do not want this kind of effect on your barely there behind! Try to find light colored or medium blue denim. Grey is very flattering and will also work. Like a great bra, butt enhancing jeans can also lift and www.coachfactoryoutletusa.com/ Coach Factory Outlet separate what little you have. So it wasn’t in your genes to have a nice, round bottom. Big deal. Be happy with what you’ve got and just improvise!

Oct 3, 2012 2:33am
User_img_not_found_02_med wunai 103 posts

Thanks to the answers was possible to Tods shoes evaluate the intensity of use and the question of the distinction in purchasing. Women need a bag to carry their belongings, that’s for sure. Leather bags, women nowTods UK  have the flexibility and class beyond what I ever thought. The serious fashion lovers will love the leather bags thanks to its versatility, high quality and elegant style. With brands like Tod tods women shoes, Cole Haan,Tods Outlet   Rebecca Minkoff, among many others, is nothing but leather bags and upscale beyond amazing. Hogan shoes outlet The design is based on a conceptLouis Vuitton UK of minimal interference between your feet and the floor.

Oct 24, 2012 1:41am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 4:08am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose affordable Cardigan.Luxury has always been synonymous with fur and leather and this year a faux fur Canada Goose Jackets Outlet will surely be the key piece of your wardrobe.

Nov 2, 2012 4:07am
User_img_not_found_01_med yiyi 74 posts

knockoff handbags

a
suspect.’"Morrissey told ABC News Tuesday that he is trying keep his displeasure
in check."I’ll tell you something about emotions," emotions,"

fake designer handbags

emotions,"
Morrissey said. "A lot of people base their decisions emotions and it doesn’t
work out too well—they’re they’re

moncler
outlet

they’re angry, they make a bad decision, whatever."So emotions, I
to keep control of and keep my head straight," he he replica designer handbags

he added.
"During this time, it’s definitely challenging, but I to keep my mind
right."Abben suggested police are just doing doing fake designer handbags
doing their
jobs."I haven’t talked to Mr. Morrissey," he told "I don’t know why he feels
that way. We expect expect cheap jordans for sale
expect
cooperation from everyone—100 percent cooperation. So I know why he feels
that way."Daniel Morrissey’s wife, Misty Morrissey, Morrissey, cheap jordans free
shipping

Morrissey, told ABC News Wednesday that the two of them
fully complied with authorities’ requests."We’ve done extensive interviews,
hours at at cheap real air
jordans

at a time, we’ve done polygraphs, we have taken many calls,
answered many questions," she said. "We’ve given our phones phones cheap real air jordans
phones
up, all of our data has been, you know, off of our phones. In fact, my
sister[’s] and my my knockoff
handbags

my phone is now not, our touch screens aren’t working well.
So we’ve cooperated to the fullest."Other residents of this this cheap jordans for sale
this
small Iowa town also have been pitching in on search for the two young cousins
who disappeared last Friday."You Friday."You moncler down
jackets

Friday."You just desperately want them to be found at this
Mayor Chad Deutsch, whose son attends school with one of of cheap moncler
of the
missing girls, told ABC News today. "You think all the bad things and, you know,
at some point point

cheap moncler
jackets

point you just get desperate and you want to find I mean, the
more time and things that go by, by, moncler jackets men
by,
the more thoughts that go through your head and worse the pit in your stomach
[becomes]."Deutsch has taken to to

designer replica handbags

to the
skies using his personal plane to chip in the search

Feb 3, 2013 9:45pm
User_img_not_found_04_med snapbackone 20 posts

Do that Snapback Hats

, Pereira says Knit Hats

, to avoid the "full-on Snapback Hats Sale

, head-on, locomotive collisions NBA Snapback Hats

."As he puts it MLB Snapback Hats

: "You have NFL Snapback Hats

to be down Obey Snapback Hats

on the field Supreme Snapback Hats 

to recognize Ymcmb Snapback Hats

how really violent Armani Knit Hats

and 'violence' isn't Chanel Knit Hats

the word that Diamond Supply Co Knit Hats

the league likes Gucci Knit Hats

to use a?? but Hermes Knit Hats

how really violent Louis Vuitton Knit Hats

these hits are Love Moschino Knit Hats

."Goodell says MLB Knit Hats

the No. 1 priority Moncler Knit Hats

is to "take the head Monster Energy Knit Hats

out of the game NBA Knit Hats

," with the bulk of rules NFL Knit Hats

changes for safety protecting NHL Knit Hats

the heads of quarterbacks Obey Knit Hats

and receivers PinkDolphin Knit Hats

.Pereira doesn’t think Redbull Knit Hats

better safety rules Supreme Knit Hats

will jeopardize appeal Wati B Knit Hats

."In some ways people YMCMB Knit Hats

are overreacting a little bit Boston Celtics Snapback Hats

. They were saying Chicago Bulls Snapback Hats

the same thing back Los Angeles Lakers Snapback Hats

in the '90s when Memphis Grizzlies Snapback Hats

they kind of codified New York Knicks Snapback Hats

in the rulebook Oklahoma City Thunder Snapback

for protection of Orlando Magic Snapback Hats

the quarterback New York Yankees Snapback Hats

," he says."People said Buffalo Bills Snapback Hats

, ‘Oh, the game’s going Chicago Bears Snapback Hats

to get ruined Dallas Cowboys Snapback Hats

.’ Well, it didn’t get ruined Denver Broncos Snapback Hats

. And it won’t Detroit Lions Snapback Hats

get ruined now Miami Dolphins Snapback Hats

. Goodell, I think New England Patriots Snapback Hats

he's genuine New Orleans Saints Snapback Hats

in his desire to extend the length of players' careers Pittsburgh Steelers Snapback Hats

Forums Applications PaintBall Team Location Telemetry App