BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Applications Camera App

Subscribe to Camera App  5 posts, 2 voices

Dec 21, 2008 12:49pm
Img_missing_medium Smartkid 4 posts

Hello,

The Camera application is showing an error within Eclipse. Camera > Camera > LivePreviewControl.java

public boolean enableLivePreview() {
log.log(LogService.LOG_INFO, "starting overlay");

iCameraDevice.initOverlay(overlayBounds);
iCameraDevice.startOverlay();

statusArea.setText("(Live Preview)");
return true;
}

public boolean disableLivePreview() {
log.log(LogService.LOG_INFO, "stopping overlay");

iCameraDevice.stopOverlay();
statusArea.setText("");
return true;
}
}

The method initOverlay(Rectangle) is undefined for the type ICameraDevice

The method startOverlay() is undefined for the type ICameraDevice

The method stopOverlay() is undefined for the type ICameraDevice

This is with the Latest Production Version of the SDK (1.1.7.39).
Dec 22, 2008 2:45pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Hi Smartkid,

This is a known issue. Dave's app uses a new API, which at the time of that production SDK, did not exist. If you're interested in bleeding-edge APIs and apps, I would recommend upgrading your SDK to a recent testing build:
http://buglabs.net/sdk/testing/1.2.2.0_T20081222/updatesite/ otherwise, you can wait for a stable build to pass QA and make its way to production.
Dec 23, 2008 1:23pm

Ahh… That makes sense.

Thanks.

EDIT: I’ve got the updated SDK and was able to send the Camera application to my BUG but I am unable to get it to run. It’s my understanding that most BUG apps launch when the needed modules are inserted. I’ve played with the order (not sure if it matters) but even with the LCD, Camera and Location modules inserted the Camera app wont run.

Dec 23, 2008 2:31pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

Smartkid
EDIT: I've got the updated SDK and was able to send the Camera application to my BUG but I am unable to get it to run. It's my understanding that most BUG apps launch when the needed modules are inserted. I've played with the order (not sure if it matters) but even with the LCD, Camera and Location modules inserted the Camera app wont run.

This is on your physical BUG? On the virtual BUG you should see something like this:

Still waiting for com.buglabs.bug.base.pub.IAudioPlayer

Because the SDK right now does not emulate the AudioPlayer service offered by the BUGbase. This may be resolved in the future, but it is a reality that every feature of the physical BUG may not be present in the virtual BUG. It makes little sense to emulate the functionality required in the Camera app (live preview, for example). If however you're still interested in getting it going, remove references to services that are not listed when you type
:) services
in the OSGi console. Then your app will start.

On the other hand, if you have a BUG and you're wondering why your app won't start, it's because as explained in the notes of the App:
"Integrated overlay API logic. NOTE: Requires 1.4 and a lot of 1.4 overridden libs until there’s a 1.4 SDK available."

R1.4 of BUG software is in the process of being QAed right now, and we hope to have it available to our users soon.

If you're a linux user and really want to dive deep into building your own BUG software, from the kernel and operating system all the way up, please see here:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Kernel_and_Rootfs_Build_System
Dec 26, 2008 11:28am

I see, thanks. I am using a real bug (and I have a certain dislike of the virtual "bug"). I guess I’m waiting for the R1.4 then.