BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Applications LCD Size - What I found on My Bug

Subscribe to LCD Size - What I found on My Bug  2 posts, 2 voices

May 11, 2008 1:42am
Medium cdraptor 25 posts

Okay I keep seeing the reference on the forums as 320×240, but I was messing with changing the size. I Find on mine if I want edge to edge on both top and bottom that 325×245 worked best, with 320×240 I saw a bit on right and bottom still avail

May 12, 2008 6:19pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

cdraptor
Okay I keep seeing the reference on the forums as 320 x 240, but I was messing with changing the size. I Find on mine if I want edge to edge on both top and bottom that 325 x 245 worked best, with 320 x 240 I saw a bit on right and bottom still avail

Hi there Chuck,

You're right about the extra space to the bottom and right of the frame created by IModuleDisplay's getFrame() method. It has to do with the border around the Frame (determined by the OS and window manager). The Frame is created at 0,0, but the upper-lefthand corner of the frame is determined to be inside the Window created, i.e. the content area. The width of the surrounding window decoration is two pixels, so by telling the frame where to render before setVisible(true)

frame.setLocation(2,2)

it should appear close to maximized, with the exception of the border being visible (mazimized windows should not have a border). There are tools in J2SE to do frame maximization, but they're not present in phoneME. You'll have to just specificy the frame location and size manually, not too hard because the resolution won't change.

I hope this clears things up a little. :wink:

-John
Forums Applications LCD Size - What I found on My Bug